Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ozmondius

Server Update Suggestions

Radu,

Several of us have been compiling a list of ideas that we think are worthy of your consideration for server updates.  Please see below:

1. toggled yellow food bar under hp and mana bars for speed hax (below your name)(bluapp has added this to the client already)
  2. change KF back to normal (no caps) but still no-drop.  Maybe add a giant spawn and/or trice or two?
  3. Like KF, return dpa 60 to former status: true 60 cap=(a+d)/2<=60 no other limitations. There was much more action when it was this way. People made toons specifically for the arena and there were a lot of fights there.
  4. Easier/faster way to spawn invasions. Would love to see some sort of window pop-up interface where we can click and spawn.
  5. Change the rat in the outhouse back to something more dangerous(elaborate further)
  6. new #mule command to tell mule level or add mule level to #ach
  7. allow more names on buddy list
  8. little dragon blue scales used for instance cooldown - 6 or 10 hours?
  9. dragon and bronze armor repair npc
  10. add 2 more instance slots to all ranges
  11. Some more variety in the instances?(elaborate further)
  12. Remember the pk instance discussion from way back? That would be fun!
  13. New mob(s)(elaborate further)
  14. Command to show a list of completed quests (and possibly incompleted)
  15. mini games within EL - example: play poker at the taverns
  16. Have tomborul (lottery guy) announce reminders periodically?
  17. More storage slots
  18. Make snare hold time a little longer(elaborate further)
  19. Put the barricades ingame
  20. When you click on a mob or player that's too far away, start walking to it like you clicked on the ground, not just stop dead
  21. npc's let you buy to fill emu or use all gc amount to buy stuff
  22. soft reset stone, removes all pps from attr's/nex/perks and makes them all available to redistribute
  23. NPC for warranties and shop items
  24. Remove harvesting mini events
  25. Ability to use haidir passes for engineering and harvest dailies
  26. 10 Glow in the Dark removals + Male Orc stone = RIG
  27. Book NPC/Mary to buy ALL rare books
  28. More animal/mob tokens--they're fun! (elaborate further)
  29. allow more active channels!
  30. Change Day of Evanescence so that mobs don't also get the advantage.
  31. Turn mirror perk on/off like we can do with glow
  32. Allow harv exp if you log in after a new day
  33. Toggleable option to auto att (turn to) either highest or lowest combat level mob/player instead of always lowest like present.
  34. #sto/#storage command shouldn't stop harvesting
  35. Also should be able to eat while harving
  36. New command:  #dailies which will report all started but not completed dailies and cooldown until next daily for each.  Example:  Haidir: you must wait for 2 more in game days; Daritha: incomplete, 15 steel shields; Maia: ready for new quest, etc.
  37. NPC to sell arena tickets at Irsis ranging arena.
  38. add irilium, obsidian and another flower or two so that harvestables don't have such huge gaps after tree mushrooms and to make new items(tirun)
  39. add ranging potions, potion of Tailoring, mule speed hax potions(tirun)
  40. When creating ring, make it rare to get a hydro ring(tsc)

41. Also when u have already done Wine quest/ Leather quest get those prices at any npc(tsc)

42. High level alchemy skill to combine some day stones to create combination days. You can limit this to specific combos. IE: Day of faster respawns + Sun Tzu(majora)
  43. A day stone that spawns a completely random day. Allow it to even pull from days that dont normally have stones. It being completely random, can even get a bad day (majora)
  44. Instances can pull from a random map. For example you do pr0 instance and instead of spawning on Ice map chance to spawn on like the 80-100 map (mobs unchanged)(majora)
  45. A small chance for a more difficult version of an instance. Like a 1% chance (or even less) that you do ice and you get a casty as a final mob instead of 2 mb/bula(majora)
  46. Remove the p2p coupon from bulangiu drop pool in instance. I thought of replacing it with 1 Random item giver. Team can choose to use it and sell the loot or just sell the rig(majora)
  47. Add more Giant spawns. They are a nice mob to farm/train but very limited spots for them in game.(majora)
  48. (this one is very unlikely) Create a new currency. Create npc that sells shop items IE: thermal serp. Allow NPC to buy rostos in exchange for currency. Creating effectively an ingame way to do shop items.(majora)
  49. Increase the amount of exp rolls while training. Its currently 15 rolls maybe bump it up to like 20-25. Not abusable but makes training some higher HP mobs a little less annoying (flee training sucks)(majora)
  50. Add / create some mcw spawns. There is currently only 1 double off the top of my head and its in KF. Just adding an additional one to the spot in ida cave would be great. They have long respawn timers and that range is kind of rough. Especially useful now that ROT was nerfed a while back(majora)
  51. Allow to use a whistle while running. Im not sure if its possible to even implement this. (majora)
  52. Bricks R exp doesnt require a brick in inventory to take effect. This is small but i cant be the only one to turn in a daily forgetting a rosto (lol)(majora)
  53. Daritha pulls from storage and dont need to carry the item to her(majora)
  54. Global quest pulls from storage and doesnt need to pull from inventory (i personally find the fact you gotta harvest gypsum AND haul it to npc needless tedium)(majora)
  55. Running perk that reduces food consumption on running. Allow it to stack with runners cape to not make runners useless(majora)
  56. Add a potion + crafting day. To current knowledge its the only 2 skills with out a 2x exp day(majora)
  57. Allow players to wear a cape even if they have the perk. NO idea how difficult this would be to implement but some capes look nice with clothing options and are wholely useless to the player if they have the perk (mirror cape for instance)(majora)
  58. make breakers / japita etc identifiable--even if just a different color than its regular art counterpart(raz)
  59. - Improve hitboxes on both Harvestables as well as creatures. Often times it's hard to click on harvestables (such as sapphires) even when zoomed in all the way because their model doesn't match what's available to click on for the hitbox. This is frustrating for both new and returning players.(nekot)

60. Improve cursor change reaction time.  It's often frustrating to hover over an NPC and instead walk to them instead of talking to them because you didn't wait long enough or the cursor just didn't register to talk to the NPC (nekot)

61. Increase targeting radius for walking to monsters by 1 (unit? square?) One of the big pain/quit points for new players is the combat, or rather, getting to the combat. Often times it's frustrating to either be following a monster or be relatively close to a monster, only to have the message "get closer" despite it seeming like you two could kiss from that distance. You can eventually 'get used' to it, but that doesn't mean it's perfect or even good. I feel like increasing this by a small amount would help alleviate some of those issues for new and existing players.(nekot)

62. Fix or at least improve rates of invasions for Invasion day.  According to what information I've gathered, Invasion day seems to be broken with how few, if any, invasions are actually spawned on that day. Should at least have 1 guaranteed invasion spawn on that day. Or just remove it from the pool of possible days.(nekot)

63. Remove EFE from tools. No one mixes vials/merc etc because it's simply not worth the loss when the tool breaks. Can add an enriched energy essence if you want to give that a use, or just 50-100 FE's instead of the EFE to make it still not a cheap tool.(deadlytears)

64. Add double or even triple spawns to good monsters. cockstrice/yeti/mcw/acw/giant. Make people want to train again instead of flee training and/or standing around for a minute+ on respawn time. Put them on maps that aren't used a lot to get people to want to go there. (deadlytears)

65. Automatic way to start an invance. Have the NPC need 10-12 players to sign up in order to send out the message.(deadlytears)

66. **New instance maps/dungeons**  Just adding emphasis to this. We've always had map makers around, and just need to brainstorm balanced waves. We can have more dungeon like maps where different waves are locked behind doors/barred doors instead of walking 50 miles to the next set of monsters.(deadlytears) 

Maybe option to also have more Mods/Helpers to start invances     sometimes no one to start them
And make them current ones Supermods that can also do that and do all the other stuff

or call the new ones trial mods

Can we add irilium, obsidian and another flower or two so that harvestables don't have such huge gaps after tree mushrooms and to make new items like dragon shields other than blue. Black dragon scales and obsidian in the black dragon shield. Irilium could be for the ice dragon shield with ice scales of course. We could definitely use more specific protection for different activities.  Orchids could be used for ranging potions.  Foxglove could be for potion of Tailoring.  Eidelweiss could be the plant for mule speed hax potions. There are definitely potions that would be useful still to players.

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Here are 2 more

When creating ring, make it rare to get a hydro ring

Also when u have already done Wine quest/ Leather quest get those prices at any npc
( heard this was something from OL, never played there but loved this idea )

I'll throw in a few ideas some will be pie in the sky a few should be more reasonable.

- High level alchemy skill to combine some day stones to create combination days. You can limit this to specific combos. IE: Day of faster respawns + Sun Tzu

- A day stone that spawns a completely random day. Allow it to even pull from days that dont normally have stones. It being completely random, can even get a bad day 

- Instances can pull from a random map. For example you do pr0 instance and instead of spawning on Ice map chance to spawn on like the 80-100 map (mobs unchanged)

- A small chance for a more difficult version of an instance. Like a 1% chance (or even less) that you do ice and you get a casty as a final mob instead of 2 mb/bula

- Remove the p2p coupon from bulangiu drop pool in instance. I thought of replacing it with 1 Random item giver. Team can choose to use it and sell the loot or just sell the rig

- Add more Giant spawns. They are a nice mob to farm/train but very limited spots for them in game.

- (this one is very unlikely) Create a new currency. Create npc that sells shop items IE: thermal serp. Allow NPC to buy rostos in exchange for currency. Creating effectively an ingame way to do shop items.

- Increase the amount of exp rolls while training. Its currently 15 rolls maybe bump it up to like 20-25. Not abusable but makes training some higher HP mobs a little less annoying (flee training sucks)

- Add / create some mcw spawns. There is currently only 1 double off the top of my head and its in KF. Just adding an additional one to the spot in ida cave would be great. They have long respawn timers and that range is kind of rough. Especially useful now that ROT was nerfed a while back

- Allow to use a whistle while running. Im not sure if its possible to even implement this. 

- Bricks R exp doesnt require a brick in inventory to take effect. This is small but i cant be the only one to turn in a daily forgetting a rosto (lol)

- Daritha pulls from storage and dont need to carry the item to her

- Global quest pulls from storage and doesnt need to pull from inventory (i personally find the fact you gotta harvest gypsum AND haul it to npc needless tedium)

- Running perk that reduces food consumption on running. Allow it to stack with runners cape to not make runners useless

- Add a potion + crafting day. To current knowledge its the only 2 skills with out a 2x exp day

- Allow players to wear a cape even if they have the perk. NO idea how difficult this would be to implement but some capes look nice with clothing options and are wholely useless to the player if they have the perk (mirror cape for instance)

- Greatly increse or remove the items sold by some npcs. Some items have stayed completely static in price despite massive inflation in game solely due to the npc selling an item. For instance Air essence is far easier and cheaper usually to buy from npc rather than from players. 

Just some random off the top of the head ideas. Not all super useful, just some ideas

Edited by Inferno

This is really nice of Mr R to take up on ideas for update and Mr Ozzy to add up so many ideas,

i personally copy pasted from Mr ozzy post and i would really like these to be implemented in game.

little dragon blue scales used for instance cooldown - 6 or 10 hours?

dragon and bronze armor repair npc  for like 5kgc ea

add 2 more instance slots to all ranges

Some more variety in the instances?(elaborate further)

Remember the pk instance discussion from way back? That would be fun!

New mob(s)(elaborate further)

When you click on a mob or player that's too far away, start walking to it like you clicked on the ground, not just stop dead

npc's let you buy to fill emu or use all gc amount to buy stuff

NPC for warranties and shop items with plat coins which can only be from radu so some of us dont need to stay awake all night for a replacements xd

10 Glow in the Dark removals + Male Orc stone = RIG

Book NPC/Mary to buy ALL rare books

More animal/mob tokens--they're fun! (elaborate further)

allow more active channels!

A small chance for a more difficult version of an instance. Like a 1% chance (or even less) that you do ice and you get a casty as a final mob instead of 2 mb/bula(majora)

Also add a new instance with frozen dragon and cooldown like 6 days or so

Remove the p2p coupon from bulangiu drop pool in instance. I thought of replacing it with 1 Random item giver. Team can choose to use it and sell the loot or just sell the rig(majora)

Add more Giant spawns. They are a nice mob to farm/train but very limited spots for them in game.(majora)

Add / create some mcw spawns. There is currently only 1 double off the top of my head and its in KF. Just adding an additional one to the spot in ida cave would be great. They have long respawn timers and that range is kind of rough. Especially useful now that ROT was nerfed a while back(majora)

Here are my suggestions + reasons, as a returning player after several years.

- Improve hitboxes on both Harvestables as well as creatures. 

Often times it's hard to click on harvestables (such as sapphires) even when zoomed in all the way because their model doesn't match what's available to click on for the hitbox. This is frustrating for both new and returning players.

- Improve cursor change reaction time

It's often frustrating to hover over an NPC and instead walk to them instead of talking to them because you didn't wait long enough or the cursor just didn't register to talk to the NPC 

- Increase targeting radius for walking to monsters by 1 (unit? square?)

One of the big pain/quit points for new players is the combat, or rather, getting to the combat. Often times it's frustrating to either be following a monster or be relatively close to a monster, only to have the message "get closer" despite it seeming like you two could kiss from that distance. You can eventually 'get used' to it, but that doesn't mean it's perfect or even good. I feel like increasing this by a small amount would help alleviate some of those issues for new and existing players.

- Fix or at least improve rates of invasions for Invasion day

According to what information I've gathered, Invasion day seems to be broken with how few, if any, invasions are actually spawned on that day. Should at least have 1 guaranteed invasion spawn on that day. Or just remove it from the pool of possible days.

Just to add a few:
Remove EFE from tools. No one mixes vials/merc etc because it's simply not worth the loss when the tool breaks. Can add an enriched energy essence if you want to give that a use, or just 50-100 FE's instead of the EFE to make it still not a cheap tool.

Add double or even triple spawns to good monsters. cockstrice/yeti/mcw/acw/giant. Make people want to train again instead of flee training and/or standing around for a minute+ on respawn time. Put them on maps that aren't used a lot to get people to want to go there. 

Automatic way to start an invance. Have the NPC need 10-12 players to sign up in order to send out the message.

**New instance maps/dungeons**  Just adding emphasis to this. We've always had map makers around, and just need to brainstorm balanced waves. We can have more dungeon like maps where different waves are locked behind doors/barred doors instead of walking 50 miles to the next set of monsters. 

When using haidir passes you should not be able to get the same exact daily back to back. (EX. iron helms and after using a pass getting iron helms) 

Oh... And for the love of all that's holy, my brother in Christ, PLEASE make fire essence have no fail chance after a certain level. I should not fail a recommended level 1 item at level 100 alchemy... We need FE's in insane bulk for projects etc and this would be a nice QOL update

Messed up quoting so I need a delete here.

Edited by TirunCollimdus
I need a delete here.

On 7/15/2023 at 1:28 PM, Inferno said:

I'll throw in a few ideas some will be pie in the sky a few should be more reasonable.

- Increase the amount of exp rolls while training. Its currently 15 rolls maybe bump it up to like 20-25. Not abusable but makes training some higher HP mobs a little less annoying (flee training sucks)

Daritha pulls from storage and dont need to carry the item to her

- Global quest pulls from storage and doesnt need to pull from inventory (i personally find the fact you gotta harvest gypsum AND haul it to npc needless tedium)

- Running perk that reduces food consumption on running. Allow it to stack with runners cape to not make runners useless

- Add a potion + crafting day. To current knowledge its the only 2 skills with out a 2x exp day

- Allow players to wear a cape even if they have the perk. NO idea how difficult this would be to implement but some capes look nice with clothing options and are wholely useless to the player if they have the perk (mirror cape for instance)

- Greatly increse or remove the items sold by some npcs. Some items have stayed completely static in price despite massive inflation in game solely due to the npc selling an item. For instance Air essence is far easier and cheaper usually to buy from npc rather than from players.

2 hours ago, DeadlyTears said:

Oh... And for the love of all that's holy, my brother in Christ, PLEASE make fire essence have no fail chance after a certain level. I should not fail a recommended level 1 item at level 100 alchemy... We need FE's in insane bulk for projects etc and this would be a nice QOL update

On 7/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, THEARROW said:

When using haidir passes you should not be able to get the same exact daily back to back. (EX. iron helms and after using a pass getting iron helms) 

On 7/16/2023 at 11:24 AM, DeadlyTears said:

Just to add a few:
Remove EFE from tools. No one mixes vials/merc etc because it's simply not worth the loss when the tool breaks. Can add an enriched energy essence if you want to give that a use, or just 50-100 FE's instead of the EFE to make it still not a cheap tool.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:26 AM, Nekot said:

Here are my suggestions + reasons, as a returning player after several years.

- Improve hitboxes on both Harvestables as well as creatures. 

Often times it's hard to click on harvestables (such as sapphires) even when zoomed in all the way because their model doesn't match what's available to click on for the hitbox. This is frustrating for both new and returning players.

- Improve cursor change reaction time

It's often frustrating to hover over an NPC and instead walk to them instead of talking to them because you didn't wait long enough or the cursor just didn't register to talk to the NPC 

- Increase targeting radius for walking to monsters by 1 (unit? square?)

One of the big pain/quit points for new players is the combat, or rather, getting to the combat. Often times it's frustrating to either be following a monster or be relatively close to a monster, only to have the message "get closer" despite it seeming like you two could kiss from that distance. You can eventually 'get used' to it, but that doesn't mean it's perfect or even good. I feel like increasing this by a small amount would help alleviate some of those issues for new and existing players.

On 7/16/2023 at 2:21 AM, violater said:

This is really nice of Mr R to take up on ideas for update and Mr Ozzy to add up so many ideas,

i personally copy pasted from Mr ozzy post and i would really like these to be implemented in game.

Allow more active channels!

On 7/15/2023 at 8:37 AM, tsc said:

Here are 2 more
When creating ring, make it rare to get a hydro ring

Also when u have already done Wine quest/ Leather quest get those prices at any npc
( heard this was something from OL, never played there but loved this idea )

On 7/14/2023 at 6:45 PM, tsc said:

Maybe option to also have more Mods/Helpers to start invances     sometimes no one to start them
And make them current ones Supermods that can also do that and do all the other stuff or call the new ones trial mods

My own new suggestion is having a Red Dragon Helm look different than the RDHL&M and make it worth having in the first  place.

Please! :) Now there are other changes I support in these lists but I copied out the ones I had first hand knowledge of so I definitely support a lot of the other changes too.  Thank you Mr. Privantu.

1) gratz wasting the time, he won't even bother reading that on top implementing that

2) people won't start training anyway

3) there is no pk and won't be

"Elaborate Furthers"

5. Change the rat in the outhouse back to something more dangerous(elaborate further)
It used to be an mb. Not too many could handle it then. I think now people would be jumping for joy if one spawned. Barring that, a polyphemus? A neno? Something worth the effort of gearing and going and possibly dying if you're the harvester who spawned it.

11. Some more variety in the instances?(elaborate further)
-As an example, in the ice instance, it would be nice if we randomly got different maps than just the ice map every single time. Just using the maps already created for the other ranges and sticking the ice mobs on those would be great.

-Maybe add some more mob waves into each (making drops and specials worth the extra effort, of course). There is so much walking and so much unused map space. Again, using ice instance as my example, maybe throw in two extra waves (breakers? red dragons?) or a random chance of getting a boss-type thing to spawn such as a casty or neno.

18. Make snare hold time a little longer(elaborate further)
Change from the current 2 second hold to 4-5 seconds, similar to a ring of disengagement.  Two seconds is not sufficient time for snares to serve a meaningful offensive or defensive purpose in PK or PVE.

28. More animal/mob tokens--they're fun! (elaborate further)
-Wolf token: add 3-5 minutes or so of running (no food needed)

-Yeti token:  add 5 minutes or so of cold protection

Make all rare monsters that drop oranges have a chance to drop random other fruits.
At this point, oranges are essentially useless. Everyone has all the perks that they provide. Bananas, grapes, and pears are extremely useful and will always be useful because action points are used for everything.

A few more from me:

1. Add a no nexus requirement to Scientists Day (this day isn't really helpful with just the knowledge requirement suspended).

2. Add a "Click through" setting.  Basically allows you to click through items like trees to move. (From a technical aspect this may be too difficult but wanted to add it just in case)

3. Add session/day experience bonuses.  Example:  After x amount of a certain mob killed, you get x amount of a/d exp as a bonus.  Or from a mixing perspective, manufacture 5k HE's and get a 10K exp alch bonus.  This provides an incentive to mix/kill higher volumes.  To limit overpowering, these should be reset every so often like each ingame day or just when you get to a certain number of kills/mixes.  The exp given could be based on the tier of creature killed or item manufactured.  We have tiers of monsters already so it would only take some thought for mixing.  It could be recommended level based.

4. Ability to lock/unlock an equipped item.  For example, i hardly ever take off my rdholam.  It would be nice to be able to lock it into an equipped slot and then be able to use the "unequip all" option to take off everything except that.

5.  Add additional instance types.  The two that come to mind for me would be PK and Ranging/Engineering.  For the PK, we would need to be creative with the reward structure to ensure its not abused or one team always gets the win.  I don't think experience would be the way to go here but rather some other perk that incentivizes but doesn't allow for abuse.  For Ranging/Engineering, it could be similar to the instances we have now but no hand to hand combat allowed.  Only ranging and/or engineering (possibly even summoning?) items.  This could be a great way to allow for ranging/engineering/summoning training but also having fun and getting somewhat of a return when doing it.  This would also help the market for these types of items.

6. Add a Leonard Finder (similar to Pear finder) to assist in finding Leo.  I feel like the market for his fur is increasing so providing a way to find him easier may help offset this a little.

7. Let Action Points be affected by Fast Regeneration Perk/Cloak.

8. Give the Joker a chance to give some very rare, high end items.

9. Add a Redeemer perk that gives the ability to mix items 2 at a time instead of 1.  Consumed resources would still reflect 2. 

Just to reiterate one of the more important ones above, I agree with Aislinn about the instance maps.  The maps require a tremendous amount of walking.  It feels like that's 3/4 of what you do.  Creating some new maps or even allowing map variability for specific levels would be nice.  I would even be willing to assist with some of the map making/adjusting here if needed.  Obviously adjustment or creation of maps would be client based as well but just thought for the future.

Edited by Kidberg

On 7/19/2023 at 4:33 AM, DeadlyTears said:

So if you have a 1% loss of materials, how is that going to affect your big projects?

7 hours ago, Entropy said:

So if you have a 1% loss of materials, how is that going to affect your big projects?

It makes macroing that much harder, perhaps?

12 hours ago, Entropy said:

It's quality of life. And it's a request for only extremely low recommended level items.

5 hours ago, revi said:

It makes macroing that much harder, perhaps?

I think having 30 characters harvesting is more detrimental than someone macroing fire essence. Just my opinion. I'm sure you have your special mod ways to detect macroing. I have faith

3 minutes ago, DeadlyTears said:

I think having 30 characters harvesting is more detrimental than someone macroing fire essence.

The big difference is that someone using several harvesting chars within the rules has to be present. Macroers go AFK...