Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elf_Ninja

Phoenix

New Phoenix shapeshifting looks cool, can't wait to try it out.

Question though is it like the mule and no armor can be worn while in phoenix form?

anyways looking forward to getting my hands on a glyph and checking it out.

Advantages of the phoenix:

1. 1*level fire protection.

2. 1*level chance to dodge hits, and it stacks with the 5% default chance and with the evanescence perk.

3. 1*level extra attack

4. 5*level to 'reborn', in addition to the day of the dead effect.

5. If the player has magic immunity cast before shape shifting, the spell will not wear off while in the phoenix form.

6. Based on the level, there is a chance to not get a cooldown when using an item.

Although this all looks well and good on paper, can anyone give me an example of a situation where the phoenix would actually be useful to transform into? (other than for looks/posing)

Can you summon and cast offensive magic while a phoenix?

Does it move faster than usual?

...and just to confirm i'm not misunderstanding; you cannot wear any equipment at all in phoenix form? no CoL, no capes, no weps, nothing?

Edited by Korrode

Start gambling business.

Place bets, you have odds of respawn. Gather to a place and start suiciding. One to get dying try right wins some of the loot and you keep most. :D

Also imagine a PK guild entering KF in phoenix form, change back and kill all. Video of the month np, style counts.

And ofc the epic waiting for action with non stop MI is made easy, what it lacks is TS. TS added it'd be pro scout, but no asking too much kk.

Oh, and farming imps will be great with he heat prot.

Edited by Dugur

Advantages of the phoenix:

1. 1*level fire protection.

2. 1*level chance to dodge hits, and it stacks with the 5% default chance and with the evanescence perk.

3. 1*level extra attack

4. 5*level to 'reborn', in addition to the day of the dead effect.

5. If the player has magic immunity cast before shape shifting, the spell will not wear off while in the phoenix form.

6. Based on the level, there is a chance to not get a cooldown when using an item.

Although this all looks well and good on paper, can anyone give me an example of a situation where the phoenix would actually be useful to transform into? (other than for looks/posing)

Can you summon and cast offensive magic while a phoenix?

I'm not sure about summons. No magic can be cast while polymorphed.

Does it move faster than usual?
No.
...and just to confirm i'm not misunderstanding; you cannot wear any equipment at all in phoenix form? no CoL, no capes, no weps, nothing?
Correct.

I think 2,3,4 are percent chances, but it is hard to tell from the wording.

I presume 3 would be in attack levels, not a percentage. 2,4 would seemingly obviously be percentages.

no cooldown can be very handy, e.g. use 6 ROPs in a row in PK.

TD? Invasions?

(1)The levels required to "level up" the phoenix are the same of the mule? How much gc (and time) are required to level up the phoenix? EDIT: Duh, i didn't read, Ent answered this on the news of game update post. Yes, its similar.

(2)It got any armor or extra HP or extra damage? Yes, i have read Entropy's information of the update. Without any of it, i can't see the usefulness of trading armor+med+col+shield+weapon+spells for "reborn chance"+"extra att"+"extra evasion"+"mag imun" except for TD (and looking cool).

Please, i am not trying to be an idiot and mean, i have not tested the glyph and I have no clue about it, thats why i am asking.

(3)Anyone knows what the "chance to reborn" translate to actual numbers? Like "with level 3 phoenix i reborn 40% of time, etc"?

Edited by Lorck

@Lorck:

"4. 5*level to 'reborn', in addition to the day of the dead effect."

I assume 5*level means:

Level 1: 5%

Level 2: 10%

Level 3: 15%

etc

etc

In addition to day of the dead effect, means there is a base + level * 5, so given the random factor of respawn on day of the dead, making a random guess at that number, let's say 10% you get 10 + 5*level so

Level 1: 15%

Level 2: 20%

Level 3: 25%

etc

etc

Just my thought while quickly going over this thread, back to other stuff now. ;p

-Gohan

(1)The levels required to "level up" the phoenix are the same of the mule? How much gc (and time) are required to level up the phoenix? EDIT: Duh, i didn't read, Ent answered this on the news of game update post. Yes, its similar.

Radu said ~32k creature food to get to level 14 phoenix iirc. That's 3x as much as to level a mule.

TD? Invasions?

I am not againt the phoenix idea, I think it is awesome and can bring something to achieve for those who are nearer "the end game." And got to admit there are some nice perks to it too.

My only concern is the damage one can deal in the phoenix form if it doesn't allow the use of equipment. The nature of invasions we have had lately requires not only to stay alive but also to deal major damage. Many monsters have big armour/toughness and without a weapon it's hard to see the point to go in as a phoenix. Lack of life increasing items and healing spells is also a concern, but the huge evasion and resurrection balance that issue a bit + no cool at times with GHP.

If the phoenix damage dealing is already taken care of but just not mentioned or there's some misunderstanding on my part then we should see some birds flying around without rostos. This is just the critical point what's keeping ppl from getting exited to level it, I am not too enthusiastic in something I can mainly bleed on someone.

One thing I can think of in invasions is tanking while someone heals you. With evanescense there's big extra evasions (that takes critical off too I assume.) In multi it can be lethal still with 8 biggies critting on your low hp, but should be able to last a good while with respanws for bad luck cases. Lack of armour makes this a bit tricky, if they land a hit it hurts too much. Way too much.

Looking forward to see the phoenix in action. Shame 2 million is just too much for my storage atm :D

And I invite the first person with phoenix 14 to a deathmatch in TD with me :)

Silly question - if you do get reborn - do you come back as a phoenix already? And if so at full health / mana?

On topic: one use I see is as a mana source in pk maps or with warring guilds...

Get your friend who is lvl 14 phoenix to attack the mob also - MD them as required to keep your mana up

They take the hits whilst you attack, and you MD them - if they respawn more mana if required.

And I invite the first person with phoenix 14 to a deathmatch in TD with me :P

Would they not just come in with ~10 food - already as the Phoenix? Armed with only damage rings.

Ok they lose 9 times out of 10, but on the 10th they could well get a very nice bag - and all at extremely low cost.

Silly question - if you do get reborn - do you come back as a phoenix already? And if so at full health / mana?

On topic: one use I see is as a mana source in pk maps or with warring guilds...

Get your friend who is lvl 14 phoenix to attack the mob also - MD them as required to keep your mana up

They take the hits whilst you attack, and you MD them - if they respawn more mana if required.

Would they not just come in with ~10 food - already as the Phoenix? Armed with only damage rings.

Ok they lose 9 times out of 10, but on the 10th they could well get a very nice bag - and all at extremely low cost.

cotu

cotu

Plus VS Dugur i wouldn't count on a "very nice bag", he only needs a few essences :pickaxe: ...and yeah maybe a cotu :>

Edited by Korrode

And ofc the epic waiting for action with non stop MI is made easy, what it lacks is TS. TS added it'd be pro scout, but no asking too much kk.

3*65 gc = 195 GC for 90 seconds of MI by phoenix.

7*2 (Magic ess) + 1*9 (Eness) + ~20 (sr) = 43 GC for 90 seconds of MI by Spell

The convenience is there, and you'd always have full mana if someone pops out of nowhere, but staying as a phoenix just for the MI seems...unpractical.

Just so you know, there is currently a bug with the MI for phoenix. It will disappear even while in phoenix form, but the icon won't, until you log out. So don't rely on this functionality until the next update (not that anyone cares anyway) :D

tried it out, didnt even last 5 seconds as phoenix

every hit the opponent made landed and it only took 2 hits for me to have to diss

Just so you know, there is currently a bug with the MI for phoenix. It will disappear even while in phoenix form, but the icon won't, until you log out. So don't rely on this functionality until the next update (not that anyone cares anyway) :stare:
Casting MI again (not while polymorphed) will also clear the icon (90 seconds after).

(not that anyone cares anyway) :D

Well, do you wan't suggestions on how it could be improved? or not really?

No, thank you. I already know what people want. They want the phoenix to be something that can kill anything in 2 hits, and be invulnerable to anything, cost no creature food, double your carry weight just like the mule, be fast like the horses used to, and increase reading speed by 20x.