Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

What is your opinion about multiplaying?

Would you like to be able to multiplay?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to multiplay?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
  2. 2. If the previous answer was yes, what kind of multiplaying would be ok?

• Economical only (trades, muling, item swaps)
    • Combat only (including PKing, magic)
    • Both of them
    • Neither (voted no)

I'll add another point here... who thinks EL currently has enough room for another few hundred newbie-level harvesters at flowers and between flowers and shops?

I expect it'll get really crowded, in places... and then the genuine newbie will have a harder time getting started

I'll add another point here... who thinks EL currently has enough room for another few hundred newbie-level harvesters at flowers and between flowers and shops?

I expect it'll get really crowded, in places... and then the genuine newbie will have a harder time getting started

hmm, well i touched up on this point already, most alts are ALREADY in game....so it isnt like peole are going to flock to level more....i think every player has an alt lol ....

Felessan, you are missing a point, to be a top player in any area you have to dedicate all your time to that skill and you dont have time for alts. Talk to the top people I bet few have alts or alts that can do anything.

What you will find for the maker types is that they have an army of other players who supply materiels because they cant even gather them themselves to stay at the top

So before you say it will help those evil rich well it will not - only their suppliers. Being top is all about time/dedication and single mindedness. If you are a general list it will be very difficult to compete.

well i was #1attack/#1defense/#1magic/#3manu/#30alch/top100harvestor/#6oa for a while and masterpiter knows how hard i worked and let me tell you , I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO EAT IN REAL LIFE LET ALONE HAVE AN ALT..........

Edited by mufossa

hmm, well i touched up on thtis point already, most alts are ALREADY in game....so it isnt like peole are going to flock to level more....i think every player has an alt lol ....

The difference is if mutliplaying with your alt is allowed, there will be a lot more alts in the game and playing just to make money, harvest, or get items for the main. I could easily see it causing a 30% to 50% increase in the number of character online in the game, and most of those will be in the 'nice' places for harvesting.

learner has sort of covered it, but to expand somewhat...

hmm, well i touched up on this point already, most alts are ALREADY in game....so it isnt like peole are going to flock to level more....i think every player has an alt lol ....
even if you assume half of the active non-newbie players have an alt or two... compare that to having a half dozen if you can get money from harvesting (harvesting is a low-interaction activity. and as someone who spends a lot of time semi-afk-harvesting while coding, I should know. having a couple of alts harvesting while your main does something else (or even harvests too, if you need the cash) is not going to be tricky).

also... assuming that there's already a bunch of alts... so what? are they online all the time? no (well, there may be a few cases, but mostly the alts won't be online much). if your main can profit from them, then you can expect to see more alts, online more often, doing things like harvesting (low effort, high payoff, as many people know)

personally, I have my main, an alt more for RPing, a bot account (which I had to level first) and another account that will likely be a bot some day. I've levelled several at once, and I've made money (for the character's own gains) on several chars at once

maybe you won't have another hundred people fighting the top spawns. you may even have slightly fewer (on the other hand, if everyone has more money from selling harvestables to NPCs, people may use equipment to rise faster). but at the lower levels, where it's already more crowded (check the PL blupines some day), it'd get, in my estimation, far worse (and this is where you turn away the most newbies... that long climb to the top is bad. not being able to start is worse)

learner has sort of covered it, but to expand somewhat...

even if you assume half of the active non-newbie players have an alt or two... compare that to having a half dozen if you can get money from harvesting (harvesting is a low-interaction activity. and as someone who spends a lot of time semi-afk-harvesting while coding, I should know. having a couple of alts harvesting while your main does something else (or even harvests too, if you need the cash) is not going to be tricky).

also... assuming that there's already a bunch of alts... so what? are they online all the time? no (well, there may be a few cases, but mostly the alts won't be online much). if your main can profit from them, then you can expect to see more alts, online more often, doing things like harvesting (low effort, high payoff, as many people know)

personally, I have my main, an alt more for RPing, a bot account (which I had to level first) and another account that will likely be a bot some day. I've levelled several at once, and I've made money (for the character's own gains) on several chars at once

maybe you won't have another hundred people fighting the top spawns. you may even have slightly fewer (on the other hand, if everyone has more money from selling harvestables to NPCs, people may use equipment to rise faster). but at the lower levels, where it's already more crowded (check the PL blupines some day), it'd get, in my estimation, far worse (and this is where you turn away the most newbies... that long climb to the top is bad. not being able to start is worse)

I surrender :)

how about you can have only 1 alt, and every additional alt is only allowed if it has a p2p race? This will prevent people from running 6 alts at a time..Oh wait, the ebul irl rich people.

Anyway, if you want to play with your entire family it is no longer a problem, as long as you pay for the extra characters. Perhaps even then there should be a maximum of 4 or 5

Anyway, if you want to play with your entire family it is no longer a problem, as long as you pay for the extra characters. Perhaps even then there should be a maximum of 4 or 5

Isn't that a little stupid that families should pay more if they want to play? :)

Isn't that a little stupid that families should pay more if they want to play? :)

worst than games like Guild Wars/WoW :omg:

well, only if you want to interact with them. If you dont trade between them (like now) it's no problem

And what would be the point of playing with your family if you couldn't interact with them? I'm appalled by your suggestion. We currently have a very functional means of allowing families to play together. Your suggestion would require they they all pay up or ignore their family members.

Where are all the people who complain about RL rich people having advantages? It does not take that much money to have a computer that can run two clients. Multiplaying would massively lower the bar on income for being able to make playing the game easier. The players who can run 5+ alts even if it is just harvesting are the exception not the rule. I know that I cannot run more than 2 clients at once myself and even at that I grue out more often. If multiplaying as described is allowed then the bar for income improving your game play will be lowered. Where is the harm in that. :)

The new players not getting access to blue lupines in Portland can just go to Idaloran where the trip from the 3x lupine bush to flower shop takes very close to the same amount of time as in Portland(and what?, no Bob to worry about). I have to see this 'army' of alts before I believe it. I read the forum poll about what kind of video card you have and very few players have uber systems. Yes there will be more alts running more often but a whole army of them averaging 5 per player as described by some is not ever going to happen.

Eventually everyone is going to upgrade their computers and be able to take advantage of multiplaying. It really does not take much at all to upgrade enough to multiplay. Most people can get themselves a video card for their birthday or christmas if they want to. This idea will actually reduce the distance between rich RL money and average money real life players. There is only so much time in a day and the determination to use bunches of alts would also make a difference. :(

TirunCollimdus

Edit:

There is a rule against blocking access to resources already. You can have that clarified to say that anyone with more than one alt at a resource is considered to be blocking it as there is limited access to all resources.

Edited by TirunCollimdus

There is one simple fact most ppl tend to ignore:

You are one single person and you have 100% of time you can use to play.

You can decide to play your main char for 100% or split it and play on alt chars too (yes, clicking on stuff to start the auto-harvester or running to storage or to the flower shop is playing too and costs time).

The next simple fact is, its stress to switch between chars, train here, pick flowers there, sell flowers there, run back to the bush there and so on and so on. You will become confused and do a mistake from time to time and there goes your rostogol stone or your shiny armor because fluffy just kicked your ass while you were busy with your alt char running back to get your DB with your precious exclavator cloak, coz mother nature decided that its you who goes to underworld a few mins ago.

And here is a hint:

You can try it right now, its absolutely legal, just create your army of alt chars and try to run them all and train your main char. The only thing you are not allowed right now to do is to trade with your alt chars.

But if you want to find out, how entertaining it is, to run an army of alt chars making money for you, just do it and dont trade with those chars.

Just do it and you will see.

Not for just 5 minutes, try this for a week or a month. And then think again, how much money you can make with your army of alt chars and how much you can train or level your main char.

Just give it a try :)

And then think again.

Piper

But what will happen if 1000 new players will start playing the game?(i am not talking about multi here)Shall we say to ent plz dont allow more new players to play cause the community spirit will be lost?

And finally its a common tactic to allow multi in most rpg games. Unless blizzard that allows multi are a bunch of amatuers and we know better than them if multi will benefit a game or not.

I agree fully with agis in this part most games i know allow mulitplay and the economy is not ruined like some of you predict. Some games even have a shared storage between all chars.

Do you know those games well? Let's sum up some of the differences:

• An enormous amount of different items
  • No unlimited recourses
  • Class systems, forcing cooperation because of limitations with race/classes
  • Need for different classes to gain exp as one character
  • Pay for play, or one username per set of characters
  • No serious advantage to be made from alts, because uber items require raids, mains provide twinkies for alts, rather then alts provide stuff for mains
  • Non tradeable items, being the better items
  • Stats/abilities increase mostly with items, rather then exp.
  • I'm not even done yet.

I seriously would advise anyone that has not built multi-disciplined character by themselves to not try to imagine how big the advantage in el is to trade with your own chars.

Secondly, I'd like to see which mods would think there will be less work for them with restricted multiplay, then illegal multiplay. For example, how would you even judge scamming? If I buy something for way too low price, did I scam that person or did the other person play an act to do me a favor, then to turn me in as scammer? That's a bigger mess then clear-cut same ip trading.

For example, how would you even judge scamming? If I buy something for way too low price, did I scam that person or did the other person play an act to do me a favor, then to turn me in as scammer? That's a bigger mess then clear-cut same ip trading.

Scamming is not illegal, and what you described to be scamming may be the exact reason why its not against the rules.

Usually "scamming" happens not because the scammers are so smart, but because the "victims" are too dumb. Thats why we broadcast warnings about scamming, but if ppl refuse to read or trust everybody and give their shiny armor to scammers, we really cant help.

But this thread is about multiplaying and not about scamming, so please lets stay on topic :)

Piper

Hmm... this really is an interesting idea. I voted no, and still think no, but my reasons have been shaken slightly. I was thinking along the lines of many with the idea it would 'kill the economy' etc..... but maybe it wouldn't. I do know one thing though. It would destroy a lot of the community aspect of the game. By allowing people to let their alts trade with them, you encourage people to posses more alts. The more alts, the more people wandering around, half of them not really used for anything but a bit of harvesting, etc. I think all those alts and multiple accounts running at once would put a big load on the server. And what about when you hit #stats... it tell yous how many people are on, and how many more can be on. I believe the total space is 2k charc. I would think that would fill up pretty fast if everyone was running multiple charcters at once. But maybe many people would just stick to their one charcter mostly anyways

You know, i've got to say, i don't think anyone knows how it will work out, and what effect it will have on the game unless its tried. We can guess all we want how it will affect the economy, the community, etc.... but i don't think we can really tell unless it was tried. Gee, this is awefully confusing, im glad i don't have to make the desicion here :( i suppose this just makes me appriciate radu and the mods all the more, you guys have tough decisions, good job :)

Edit: was reading the topic more and saw what somebody said ( i think it might have been asgnny) about if we try it, it would be pretty irriversable. And basicaly i think he said the economy would go to hell in 10 minutes (forgive me for not quoting him exactly). Well, he does have a point, that if that WERE going to happen... it would most likely happen right away. But nobodies sure that it WILL happen are they? I mean really, is anyone gonna stand up right now and bet their life that the economy will go to hell if this happens? no? no one? i thought not, i think there is a possibility of this hurting the economy, but as entropy said, the economy is going pretty good right now. I suppose everyone just dosn't know if the economy can handle this or not......

Edited by Enly

...was reading the topic more and saw what somebody said ( i think it might have been asgnny) about if we try it, it would be pretty irriversable. And basicaly i think he said the economy would go to hell in 10 minutes (forgive me for not quoting him exactly). Well, he does have a point, that if that WERE going to happen... it would most likely happen right away. But nobodies sure that it WILL happen are they? I mean really, is anyone gonna stand up right now and bet their life that the economy will go to hell if this happens? no? no one? i thought not, i think there is a possibility of this hurting the economy, but as entropy said, the economy is going pretty good right now. I suppose everyone just dosn't know if the economy can handle this or not......

My point about the effects on the economy being so drastic and irreversible come from the idea that players do already have alts. These alts already harvest stuff, have storages full of items. Maybe they even found some uber expensive nexus removal stones. The instant multiplay is made legal, these already existing items would be transferred (legally) to the main characters.

One other consideration: EL gives players the opportunity to give up certain abilities, or undergo hardships of some sort, in exchange for pickpoints. This, of course, comes in the form of negative perks. Two of the negative perks would be instantly negated if multiplaying were made legal: Antisocial (10 pickpoints); Harvester of Sorrow (5 pickpoints). 15 pickpoints is quite a lot, especially with no effective downside.

(Edit: Nexus requirements would be negated in much the same way. A strong fighter would have no need for inorganic, or vegetal nexus if an alt is harvesting, making potions, etc.)

I would still like to see the issues of legitimate families following the rules but worried about trouble separated from those players looking for free mules, and to have their negative perks neutralized. Perhaps our time and effort would be better served brainstorming on effective ways of allowing families to work together as normal players, rather than opening the flood gates for abuse of the system by others.

Edited by asgnny

Some points that I would make, which I don't *think* have been made so far.

I vote yes to legalising multiplay.

Many people claim it will give an unfair advantage, but to who exactly? Sure, right now, with multi illegal, anyone who finds a way to avoid detection has a big advantage over most players, but if everyone can do it? Where is the advantage there?

There is NOT a big requirement at all system wise for an alt to be used as a harvester, or a mule (which is how I see most being ued, although I may be wrong!) Simply run the alt in a much reduced window resolution, and switch to the text view on whatever character is not active at any time. I have ran alts in this way for harvesting many times, and likewise harvested with my main while fighting with my alt, even ran a character on the test server and main server at the same time. No problem, and my PC is not fast by any means.

Finally, IMO using an alt to carry out the more mundane tasks (harvesting, muling, maybe even mixing some low level esences) frees my main character for more time doing things that are, IMO, more fun.

There is one simple fact most ppl tend to ignore:

You are one single person and you have 100% of time you can use to play.

You can decide to play your main char for 100% or split it and play on alt chars too (yes, clicking on stuff to start the auto-harvester or running to storage or to the flower shop is playing too and costs time).

The next simple fact is, its stress to switch between chars, train here, pick flowers there, sell flowers there, run back to the bush there and so on and so on. You will become confused and do a mistake from time to time and there goes your rostogol stone or your shiny armor because fluffy just kicked your ass while you were busy with your alt char running back to get your DB with your precious exclavator cloak, coz mother nature decided that its you who goes to underworld a few mins ago.

And here is a hint:

You can try it right now, its absolutely legal, just create your army of alt chars and try to run them all and train your main char. The only thing you are not allowed right now to do is to trade with your alt chars.

But if you want to find out, how entertaining it is, to run an army of alt chars making money for you, just do it and dont trade with those chars.

Just do it and you will see.

Not for just 5 minutes, try this for a week or a month. And then think again, how much money you can make with your army of alt chars and how much you can train or level your main char.

Just give it a try :P

And then think again.

Piper

I've tried it before, and it's not hard, I could easily train my main char (getting the same exp as if I wasn't playing with another char in the same time) while harvesting with alt. Neither of them died while training/harvesting :w00t:

Edit - Voted no btw :D

Edited by Dushan

I've tried it before, and it's not hard, I could easily train my main char (getting the same exp as if I wasn't playing with another char in the same time) while harvesting with alt. Neither of them died while training/harvesting :P

Edit - Voted no btw :w00t:

I've done that quite a lot too, harving with my main, training with my alt. It works rather well and it's rather easy actually. That alt has 80s a/d and trains on fluffs atm, btw. Sometimes I've even had third EL open harvesting and it doesn't make it any harder really. (And no, I havent traded between my alts :)).

Piper: Ive done that for more than a year on several chars, it actually makes training my main faster!, because I dont get bored as fast when I use alt while harving on main, so I can play more, so I level faster :D

And Tirun: IMO EL is already rather easy, I dont think we want to get much closer to runescape, do we? That's what making EL easier could do.

And voted NO to both. I cant see any pros in allowing trading between alts. You can already use alts, legally, and it's more fun.

Edited by FeLkkU

...was reading the topic more and saw what somebody said ( i think it might have been asgnny) about if we try it, it would be pretty irriversable. And basicaly i think he said the economy would go to hell in 10 minutes (forgive me for not quoting him exactly). Well, he does have a point, that if that WERE going to happen... it would most likely happen right away. But nobodies sure that it WILL happen are they? I mean really, is anyone gonna stand up right now and bet their life that the economy will go to hell if this happens? no? no one? i thought not, i think there is a possibility of this hurting the economy, but as entropy said, the economy is going pretty good right now. I suppose everyone just dosn't know if the economy can handle this or not......

My point about the effects on the economy being so drastic and irreversible come from the idea that players do already have alts. These alts already harvest stuff, have storages full of items. Maybe they even found some uber expensive nexus removal stones. The instant multiplay is made legal, these already existing items would be transferred (legally) to the main characters.

Ok, point taken on that subject

One other consideration: EL gives players the opportunity to give up certain abilities, or undergo hardships of some sort, in exchange for pickpoints. This, of course, comes in the form of negative perks. Two of the negative perks would be instantly negated if multiplaying were made legal: Antisocial (10 pickpoints); Harvester of Sorrow (5 pickpoints). 15 pickpoints is quite a lot, especially with no effective downside.

(Edit: Nexus requirements would be negated in much the same way. A strong fighter would have no need for inorganic, or vegetal nexus if an alt is harvesting, making potions, etc.)

That could be true, but as piper has stated, playing all those alts at once could be stressful. How annoying would it be if you're main character dedicated to fighting, needed a few Health essences. So you go to harvest a little bit of silver and a few crysanthemums, only to remember that this charcter isn't the one that can harvest silver. So then you have to go play your other charcter. Make the HEs, then walk hallfway across the world to get to your main Characters location. Sounds like a lot of work to me.

Yes i know you can just buy HEs, but if you're only going to buy them, then who needs an alt in the first place? (just example i know there are other situations and some flaws in this one probably) :omg:

I would still like to see the issues of legitimate families following the rules but worried about trouble separated from those players looking for free mules, and to have their negative perks neutralized. Perhaps our time and effort would be better served brainstorming on effective ways of allowing families to work together as normal players, rather than opening the flood gates for abuse of the system by others.

now that has to be the best idea on this thread yet :o

For example, how would you even judge scamming? If I buy something for way too low price, did I scam that person or did the other person play an act to do me a favor, then to turn me in as scammer? That's a bigger mess then clear-cut same ip trading.

Scamming is not illegal, and what you described to be scamming may be the exact reason why its not against the rules.

Usually "scamming" happens not because the scammers are so smart, but because the "victims" are too dumb. Thats why we broadcast warnings about scamming, but if ppl refuse to read or trust everybody and give their shiny armor to scammers, we really cant help.

But this thread is about multiplaying and not about scamming, so please lets stay on topic :o

There would still be some restrictions, for example scamming. You won't be allowed to trade scammed items.

There's your topic. Right now, bans involving multiplaying is about ignorance and forgiveness, the rules (once understood or even read) are clear. It'll be replaced by he said/she said involving scamming.

Edited by RallosZek

When you create a system that is easy to cheat, people are going to cheat it. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with the people, but the system needs a change. When you get to the point where the cost of enforcement is more than the cost of repealing the rule, then you know you've set up something wrong.

Well sure, creating a game where people can't, or gain very very little from multiplaying would be ideal. And how would you propose to do it? :P

Someone has already come up with ideas good enough to solve that problem.

1. Required levels for all skills and items again.

2. Negative perks being level dependent.

3. Negative perks being more negative than they are, and more expensive as well.

4. Attributes capped at a set level, or linked to other attributes (can't put more than 10 pp's into phys and coord without putting x amount elsewhere before more can go into p/c as an example).

Put all of those together and multiplaying suddenly isn't quite as attractive anymore. It could still be done, but it would be much less benefitical. Number one is needed whether you allow multiplay or not.

I voted yes for multiplay for economic benifit.

PK+magic I see as too easy to enable abuse as even a low level character can be used to delay an escape enough to make escape almost imposible.

I hear what others are saying regarding the benifits gained via one character for fighting and another for harving, or even both for harving.

With the above in mind I have started my own experiment. I am running two clients, one is me the other is my alt which I plan to make into a bot someday. I have only done this for a few hours so far but I have noted a few things;

1. I have actually increased my interaction with other players, by being in more than one spot I am exposed to more traffic (or foot falls as some might see it).

2. Paying attention to two windows requires more effort than one but not so much effort that I would lose my head. If I am trying to push the limits of one or the other I can simply log off the one I am not paying attention to atm. Keep in mind though the more running the more you will not be able to pay attention.

3. I feel encouraged about the prospect that I would be able to combine the efforts of my characters. I don't fight much, but I still want a set of that shiny new Red Dragon Scale Armor. Either with my alt planned for a bot or with a new alt I would enjoy the benifits of having them interact.

4. My fps actually seems higher with two clients running. Still haven't figured this one out yet.

Any changes to discourage unfair exploiting of alts shouldn't be at the detriment of the game for "honest" single character players.

The more the game involves moving large quantities of stuff around the maps, the more mules become an necessary evil of the game -- allowing the main character to engage in more interesting activities. Attempts to limit high-end activities by requiring large quantities/emu of material (mules) or rare stones (alt-harvesters), just encourages this.

• This would be less of a problem if there was more specialisation of characters; with high end tasks requiring components from different professions.

• There may be a case in reducing the xp return for tasks well below your skill level; getting other characters to make the simpler components, because it doesn't yield any xp for your high level main character anymore [1].

If trade between alts, or through a middleman or bag is an issue, then prevent this at the server rather than burdening mods:

• Forbid trading between characters on the same IP.
  • Record character name and IP of last trading partner, and prevent the next trade being with another character on the same IP.
  • Record character name and IP of last user (opener?) of a bag, and apply the same rules.
  • Whitelisted characters get their own pseudo-IP for these purposes, from a non-routeable subnet.

However, as now, recognition of groups playing from the same IP is needed.

Someone has already come up with ideas good enough to solve that problem.
1. Required levels for all skills and items again.

2. Negative perks being level dependent.

3. Negative perks being more negative than they are, and more expensive as well.

4. Attributes capped at a set level, or linked to other attributes (can't put more than 10 pp's into phys and coord without putting x amount elsewhere before more can go into p/c as an example).

Put all of those together and multiplaying suddenly isn't quite as attractive anymore. It could still be done, but it would be much less benefitical. Number one is needed whether you allow multiplay or not.

That is an interesting approach to making mule-alts less tenable, although as always addressing the symptoms of one problem risks introducing others.

1. I think this detracts from the richness of character development possible in the current system; separation of skills for difficulty, and nexus (and attributes) for requirements, means players have more choices in how the develop, rather than just being a stereotype within the game.
  2. Perk strength based on OA should work well, but while it prevents long-term careers as alt-harvesters or producers, but doesn't stop pure mules, who can get to a target level and then stop gaining experience.
  3. Balancing issue, may not be necessary if (2) is well designed.
  4. Attributes shouldn't need to be capped or linked if they all have equivalent value in the game. Players should be free to develop unbalanced characters for the challenge.

Of course, if one really wanted to limit or remove any advantages from playing concurrent alts, then it would be part of the core game design, which is not an option open to EL now.

For example, don't reward grind or mass production. Award xp for achieving goals rather than for performing repetative tasks. Discourage mass production and gold-harvests by having NPCs respond to supply and demand.

[1] To draw on another RPG system, when a task succeeded experience was only awarded if a second roll failed.

1. I think this detracts from the richness of character development possible in the current system; separation of skills for difficulty, and nexus (and attributes) for requirements, means players have more choices in how the develop, rather than just being a stereotype within the game.

I disagree. Players have just as many choices. The only difference is that they can't do everything there is to do or have everything there is to have in the game in the first week. This gives higher level players goals as well, and rewards people who actually put effort into the game.

2. Perk strength based on OA should work well, but while it prevents long-term careers as alt-harvesters or producers, but doesn't stop pure mules, who can get to a target level and then stop gaining experience.

I never said OA. What about reset people? Nor did I say strength, but the entire perk. Also too many newbies are getting perks they have no idea about or how it will affect them, this will prevent them being discouraged so early on and will let them actually learn a bit about the game and how these will affect them BEFORE they make a mistake.

3. Balancing issue, may not be necessary if (2) is well designed.

No matter what, in my opinion again perks, both positive and negative, are WAY too easy WAY too soon to come by and are WAY too inexpensive. Also other than hellspawn, I don't think the negative perks are particularly negative, at least not worth the pp's given for them. No matter what, I think this should be revisited anyway.

4. Attributes shouldn't need to be capped or linked if they all have equivalent value in the game. Players should be free to develop unbalanced characters for the challenge.

Well that is great but still doesn't stop the mules from piling all their pp's into p/c for carry load. A mule doesn't care about equal value. He's only going to be a mule. Edit: I think you would be hard put to find a legitimate playing character of any profession, all arounder, or specialist, that doesn't have multiple nexii and attributes. I do not think this would affect any legitimate player negatively.