Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atmo

"Day of oldschool PK"

A day where COL/Rosto/Wolfram weapons/'special' armors cant be equipted.

oldsk00l pking with lots of drops, could be fun, what u think?

:P:D

Two thumbs up for this. Can't really think anyone who could have any reason to whine.

-Vis

Edited by Visvate

roja, i dont want to be mean or anything, but you don't understand what pk is like because you don't play the game...people spend millions of gc on armors/weps and thousands on the ess+pots etc every day, and there are never any drops, just more gc lost on the rostos. this day would rock :P

Even if I lost a bunch of money in armors and stuff I dropped, its nicer to know that its not just rostos poofing into space :D

Edited by Atlantis

Offtopic:

There are points for and against everything. You guys bitch no matter what we do, so really *shrugs*

you sould've known this before making an mmorpg... there's always people on both sides and if the programmers aren't going to do everything twice (e.g. having pk areas for the one and areas for the others) they'll have to decide what's best... we, the players will just have to accept their ruling as long as there's people on both sides...

Ontopic: I'd go for a special area like this, this might get more of the new people (like me) to do some pk, not only all the old and well known pk'ers...

Offtopic:

There are points for and against everything. You guys bitch no matter what we do, so really *shrugs*

you sould've known this before making an mmorpg..

yeah it took making a whole mmorpg before i realized there's no pleasing everyone.... :P

I just wanna add, that all ppl here respect ur job, Roja, u make game that we all love.

Such a map/day would be just an option for those players who like to have fun with fighting. If some1 likes to use that high-end equipment he can go to KF, and make a pk contest, like PKG guild did recently( for "unknown" reasons no1 came to fight them).

If developers and game owners think that this idea is bad for gameplay/players/game they have their right to not implement it.

The reason we( players) suggest it, is that we wanna also help improving the game, and since we suck at programming, new ideas on sugestions forum r the only way for us to do so :P

Regards,

masterpiter

well wouldnt it be cool if there still wouldnt be any cooldown/rosto, only thos tit chains/iron cuisses greaves and thos oldschool things, why cant we just turn time back? :cry:

I just wanna add, that all ppl here respect ur job, Roja, u make game that we all love.

If developers and game owners think that this idea is bad for gameplay/players/game they have their right to not implement it.

The reason we( players) suggest it, is that we wanna also help improving the game, and since we suck at programming, new ideas on sugestions forum r the only way for us to do so :cry:

Regards,

masterpiter

I couldn't have said it better myself masterpiter. We (players) respect all the time and hard work Entropy and Roja put into this game. Heck, I just passed the one year mark just recently and I see myself playing for a long time to come. This creation of yours has given birth to a wonderful worldwide community.

NitageR: Darn I missed. Glad to hear it was a lot of fun.

Such a map/day would be just an option for those players who like to have fun with fighting. If some1 likes to use that high-end equipment he can go to KF, and make a pk contest, like PKG guild did recently( for "unknown" reasons no1 came to fight them).

The reason we( players) suggest it, is that we wanna also help improving the game, and since we suck at programming, new ideas on sugestions forum r the only way for us to do so :)

Regards,

masterpiter

That's what I meant. Gentlemans/Ladies agreement :)

I totally agree. I mean this is a suggestion thread for our input of how to make the game better. Its yall choice to decide whats good and whats bad and what to implement into the game from these threads. I love this game and dont plan on leaving for a while to come. We arent displeased with the game we are just making suggestions on how you could make it better.

* Spelling on that AREN'T

Edited by Kidberg7

I mean :

We had agreement, nothing better than tit chain/serp/iron helm etc etc.

=)

what we did on war with pkg :)

I like the idea very much and if it could be possible it would be great... Just simply taking a sword, armor, some essences, rings, srs, having fun.

It's often frustraiting when I spend few mins at storage to put some armor on, col, take few different cloaks, few types of pots, few types of essences, rings, swords, pay attention to not forget about something like rosto especially, so many things to equip, take and sometimes I wonder for what so much preparation if it's

really hard to find somebody to pk. :P

And I'm sure on this day it would be a lot more ppl pking, like on no drop. Simple equipment doesnt mean no fun as we could see in the past.

Btw if it was too hard to implement (when u can't equip col/tit armor/use mana burn rings but only old plain stuff) I think "Day of oldschool PK - the day when rostos don't work" maybe would work and solve this cause ppl would be too afraid to put more expensive armor on so hopefully use cheap one.

I think You guys should put this as some kind of a poll so the whole community could vote, and do what majority says... :P

Personally, I do not think it would be so fun as some other guys think. But, let's see what community thinks!

You and your p/c lower or equal 15/15 wrrr wrrr wrrrr!

Times changed, p/c 15/15 is not enough to do a single thing in the game anymore. :P :P :P

PS. Absolutely fabulous siggy!!11~ Who made this lil' miracle?

Edited by Gilean

Actually "Old School Pk" would be no armour or weapons above a tit chain or tit serp, and no phys/coord over 15/15.

Also something like this was already suggested, although on a grander scale to cover all of EL, not just pking.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=247467

Leave p/c as it is, was just talking about the weapons/armors

Edited by Atmos

I suppose the dev team can be dissapointed or even angry when there are voices in our community like "make old school pk day", "make no rostos day", "what about Retro Day - no cooldown then" (according to shallara's interesting post in the link put by Aislinn) when ppl want a piece of old EL without new things implemented some time ago. I think we are a bit nostalgic. :D

Edited by CharlotteS

Times changed, p/c 15/15 is not enough to do a single thing in the game anymore. :hiya::P:(

I wasn't stating it as better or worse, only making the point that "Old School PKing" is more involved than removing a couple items.

I think we are a bit nostalgic. :icon13:

Exactly, it's not that what we have now isn't great, but it is human nature to think back to how things were when we started...after all, that's what hooked us in the first place. :)

Times changed, p/c 15/15 is not enough to do a single thing in the game anymore. :P :P :P

I wasn't stating it as better or worse, only making the point that "Old School PKing" is more involved than removing a couple items.

I think we are a bit nostalgic. ;)

Exactly, it's not that what we have now isn't great, but it is human nature to think back to how things were when we started...after all, that's what hooked us in the first place. :)

It makes me think in one thing "The Ancient Arena", a place where rost are unavailable, cooldowns does not exists, and humam nexus are temporary reduced to 5 (best armor is a full plate, now an ordinary armor)

there will be a nice place with flowers that u need to click 1000 times to get them.

(forget about the old harvest thing... i realy dont miss it!!!)

Edited by Tico

there will be a nice place with flowers that u need to click 1000 times to get them.

And don't forget about a grizzly spawn near it, in order to click accidently on the bear instead of flowers muahaha.

And don't forget about a grizzly spawn near it, in order to click accidently on the bear instead of flowers muahaha.

Now, that sounds thrilling ;)

Piper

It makes me think in one thing "The Ancient Arena", a place where rost are unavailable, cooldowns does not exists, and humam nexus are temporary reduced to 5 (best armor is a full plate, now an ordinary armor)

(forget about the old harvest thing... i realy dont miss it!!!)

A heaven :doze: