Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Do you have eough slots in your Inventory?

Would you like to have 42 Slots, and not 36?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have 42 Slots, and not 36?

• Yes I would love 42 slots.
    • No, I like it at 36 slots.
    • I don't care because I'm a non-PK'er.
    • Other. (Provide info below.)

Actually i would like to have 6 more inv slots, because game has developed so much, alot of new stuff has been added and the inv is still the same. 6 more wouldnt make that much of difference if you increase the s2e's weight at all :) :)

-Kaddy

missclicked,voted yes and mentationed that late,but i would add more carry capacity (EMU) than slots in inv :-P

agreed. i cant seem to pk competitively without restocking ever 2-3 fights.. and thats me as a naab think of the higher a/d ppl with full icey sets plus the 5% change in dodging since the evancesence update.. :)

It's not about PK, it would benefit the whole of EL.

I can't see how people saying more slots is a bad thing, maybe something should be implemented with extra shots, maybe belts, or bags, or something like it.

Useful for everyone, and they can choose if they want it or not. :)

maybe something should be implemented with extra shots, maybe belts, or bags, or something like it.

*cough* search in suggestions *cough*

It's not about PK, it would benefit the whole of EL.

I can't see how people saying more slots is a bad thing, maybe something should be implemented with extra shots, maybe belts, or bags, or something like it.

Useful for everyone, and they can choose if they want it or not. :)

Thats like saying you can't see how everyone having 140 a/d as a newbie is a bad thing. Balance is key.

It would be nice to have extra slots but tbh I don't feel it is needed.

That's what he's waiting to "hear'. I voted yes, and I'm mainly a harvest/mixer that trains a/d when I have the supplies and time. More slots would benefit me as well.

P.S.

Hey Mr., buy me a guild!

It would be extremely unlikely for the inventory slots to change, partially because I like it as they are now, and because it would involve change the player format, which is a lot of work.

I would like more slots for myself.

I would not like pkers to have more slots to fill with things to kill you with

This is just the absolute epitome of the mentality of certain people around here, even when they actually like an idea they will be against it in regards to another player type gaining something, even if no negative effect at all is felt by themselves.

I lol'ed @ this one, this is a perfect example of selfishness :rolleyes:

For a mule, more inventory slots would make sence. But as it is now, I have more then enough space... I don't want to further support the bots so just keep it as it is would be fine for me.

Either way, IF there will be more slots (like more inventory 'tabs') the SRS could be made unstackable again? Using the last in your inventory to not mess with your quickuse keys of course.

This is just the absolute epitome of the mentality of certain people around here, even when they actually like an idea they will be against it in regards to another player type gaining something, even if no negative effect at all is felt by themselves.

Ahh, I see. Pkers should consider only themselves when making suggestions, and non-pkers should consider only the pkers when commenting on suggestions?

Ahh, I see. Pkers should consider only themselves when making suggestions, and non-pkers should consider only the pkers when commenting on suggestions?

That's right Shuj. Only comment as it relates to pk. All forum posts should be pk related. (it's good for the economy!!!!!!!!)

How do you get that out of what i said?

All these people need to do is leave their personal feelings about other (types of) players out of game development discussion.

EDIT:

OFF TOPIC QUICK COMPETITION!!

I have made a post somewhere on the forums against an idea that's suggested by someone i don't personally like.

Although my stated reasoning for disliking the idea comes across like a legitimate point of view, i really have no good reason to be against the idea, it's just an example of the kind of crap i am talking about and to try and show how annoying it can be.

first person to post a link to it wins 2kgc.

Edited by Korrode

All these people need to do is leave their personal feelings about other (types of) players out of game development discussion.

So your personal feelings about your gameplay experience aside, you think adding more inventory slots is better for a majority of the players?

EDIT:

I have made a post somewhere on the forums against an idea that's suggested by someone i don't personally like.

Although my stated reasoning for disliking the idea comes across like a legitimate point of view, i really have no good reason to be against the idea, it's just an example of the kind of crap i am talking about and to try and show how annoying it can be.

But I havent made any suggestions recently :lurker:

but anyway joking aside heres your link : http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50840

Edited by Ateh

So your personal feelings about your gameplay experience aside, you think adding more inventory slots is better for a majority of the players?

My post that you initially quoted is off-topic, the particular subject at hand was irrelevant, it was about the mentality of some people.

My view on the 42 slots thing is simple:

People worried about the effect it could have on hydro price shouldn't worry, it's all just hype, many times before we've heard "oh no, X change would effect the price of Y", and in the end nothing changed. I strongly believe this would be one of those times.

Other than that, i think going from 36 to 42 slots would have no effect on the gaming experience of many, and a positive effect on the gaming experience of some.

So it's a change that should be made.

EDIT:

But I havent made any suggestions recently :D

but anyway joking aside heres your link : http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50840

PM me in-game for your 2kgc :)

My post that you initially quoted is off-topic, the particular subject at hand was irrelevant, it was about the mentality of some people.

My view on the 42 slots thing is simple:

People worried about the effect it could have on hydro price shouldn't worry, it's all just hype, many times before we've heard "oh no, X change would effect the price of Y", and in the end nothing changed. I strongly believe this would be one of those times.

Other than that, i think going from 36 to 42 slots would have no effect on the gaming experience of many, and a positive effect on the gaming experience of some.

So it's a change that should be made.

I love Multiquote. :D And what about strategy... i mean, its not strategic to carefully select the best inventory for each pk session? Making it easier would not take away half of the fun?

Making it easier would not take away half of the fun?

No, it would reduce fun by "5" not selecting for within the 36 slot maximum.

So fun is now at -5

It would increase fun by 10 to be able to take more different items for a wider variety of in-combat strategy/tactics options.

So the end result is fun at +5.

donate the 2kgc towards your next Pk event or somethin , I dont play enough anymore to make good use of it :)

I would be more interested in that we could make more than one stack of the same.

If I'm going to make 2 trades at same time, could I make 1 stack with maybe 8250gc and another with 33770gc.

And I have always 4 HE and tele ess in the lowest rooms.

If I try to make 100 HE and miss one do they stack with the 4 and I have to store 100 and take 1 out again.

I would like the new in the first empty room.

If I forget to take 1 out again, do I have a problem when I try to restore :)

I would be more interested in that we could make more than one stack of the same.

If I'm going to make 2 trades at same time, could I make 1 stack with maybe 8250gc and another with 33770gc.

And I have always 4 HE and tele ess in the lowest rooms.

If I try to make 100 HE and miss one do they stack with the 4 and I have to store 100 and take 1 out again.

I would like the new in the first empty room.

If I forget to take 1 out again, do I have a problem when I try to restore :bow_arrow:

lol All of the bots would go Nuts if this happened. Not a bad idea, it would drive the bots nuts though. The client and server would need a rewrite to handle it too, I am sure.

I think, the 36 slots we have in inventory are fine.

Remember, that you can carry 36 pickaxes, or 36 chain mails or 36 plates.

Now try this in real life.

Piper

Voted other. I simply don't care. Regardless my game activity.

Try making your poll options less biased.

Edited by Natsume