Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

Multiplay on the main server

Multiplay on the main server  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like multiplay (interacting with alts) to be allowed on the main server?

• Yes
    • No

One thing i absolutely love about the PK server is that i am allowed to trade with my alt.

I still do much trading with other players. I don't think hardly anyone would end up doing all skills across their chars, the task is just too big for most people... i know the likes of Erma, Molime, Blodoks, Zamirah, etc. are contrary to that, but they're insa... erm, i mean, pr0 beyond the scope of what most of us are going to achieve. :P:)

This poll is just to get the players current opinions on the topic. Maybe if the majority vote yes the developers will (re-?)consider the idea, maybe they wont, i'm interested to see how the poll ends nonetheless. :)

I for one for Yes, I would like multiplay to be allowed on the main server.

(and yes i know there was a poll about this previously, but im interested to see if opinions have changed... if people from the PK server could post their thoughts on the subject since they've now had first hand experience playing with multiplay allowed, that'd be great... and others might want to hear what they have to say before they vote :))

As much as I loved it on the PK server, I dont think its really good for the game as a whole.

It did limit my transactions with other players for sure, being able to supply what i needed. So yeah, in the long term I honestly dont think its good for the game, and especially not good for the economy :)

Hell, IMO it would turn to singleplayer game with online chat, you wouldn't need to interact with others if I take it to the limit of the thing.

I think, that everyone should build his character alone and decide carefully about attributes and nexi.

So big NO from me.

Still a big fat NO from me. The multiplay is the main reason why I didn't continue playing on the PK server after all.

Yes, I do almost all skills to a certain extent. Does that make EL more fun or better? No way. The fun I had here was when I played together with others. Levelling alone is work.

Tried to motivate more but it doesn't come out right. Anyway, NO.

i would say yes, under certain conditions, like certain levels for the alt char.

Still, if i would have to make a choice in changing games because of this, I would say no, things are fine the way they are.

Jez

I vote NO. As much as I would like it to be easier, this would cheapen the game.

I would say yes but with restrictions so it doesn't make the game too easy. For example, a non-crafting alt could get rings or meds from the main but can't be used as a mule for the main. Unsure how you would enforce restrictions though. Now I will wait and see if Radu responds with one of his funny forum pics. :)

I voted NO. I think I've made my fundamental opposition to this idea known in the old thread about this topic. I don't think we'll see any new arguments in favor of it here either and the old ones were already rebutted (I know this won't stop anyone from posting them again *looks up*).

Hell, IMO it would turn to singleplayer game with online chat, you wouldn't need to interact with others if I take it to the limit of the thing.

Amen to that.

NO.

Of course yes! Nobody would complain. So... no complains no harm ©. I keep sticking to this philosophy!

Voted NO.

Not voted yet but at the moment Im thinking no for quite a few reasons, main reason being I believe every alt would end up being a mule of some sort and Roja has already said that pack mules are coming in the game.

This is an MMO ... Multiplayer ... allowing alts to trade with each other means you interact less with others.

A big NO!

I really don't think it's a good idea. It's nice on Pk Server, but it's kinda bad too.

I also must say, as a pk server player, even if people have alts, most actual pkers don't make their things. They just use their alts as Money Bags (I do too...). I am a mixer with an alt GC harvester, and I sell things all the time to fighters WITH alts.

So, even with Multiplay, I still think people would be able to sell essences, potions, armor and what not. But the GC in the game would just be FLOODED. If it did happen, there should be a MAJOR gc sink. Like a daily, weekly, OR monthly gc fee for ONE alt (no more than 1 should be allowed...). That's just my opinion.

So YES, only if there was a way to keep gc flowing more out than in, but NO if it's just as is.

Of course yes! Nobody would complain. So... no complains no harm ©.

oi, thats my bit! 100kgc copyright infringement fine, payable to me kkty :)

--------------------

Well so far seems most people are against multiplay, fair enough.

I think people are worrying about a situation that is not as likely to occur as they think....

...but, unlike some other subjects, i wont be passionately arguing for this. It would suit my play style but i'm more just curious than anything else as to whether or not the rest of EL would like it also, at this point seems most are against it. Fair enough. There's always the PK server.

Is the game so broken as to need this change? As I recall from reading previous threads on this subject one of the big reasons for not allowing interactions between alts, (such as muling) is that it makes the game much easier for those of us with decent spec PC's, who can run either multiple copies of the client on 1 pc, or simultaniously on many PC's.

There are a lot of cases in EL where it takes a lot of harvesting to make a relatively small number of items. Making it easier to do these things completely invalidates the achievement of having done them in the first place.

I know that there is a certain level of GC/$$$ trading going on in the community, but generally in this game, when you see an uber character, it's because they have worked damn hard on it.

Think about the benefits that certain online games now offer to those who pay for "premium" online accounts, where you get extra XP etc. simply because you pay for it.

IMHO the answer is no.

And I voted yes, not really to be able to trade with an alt, but to be able to trade with my partner and child(ren),who play EL too but have the same IP address as me.

Sorry , but I do not think it is fair that because you live in the same house, you have to be punished!

I voted NO, for the exact same reasons as Molime,Albazz, Khalai.

Aye...

Another main thing for me would be that negative perks would not be so negative...

-Hellspawn/Harvester Of Sorrow? No problem, have an alt harv

-Anti? No prob, have an alt buy items

If this was legal, I think we would see a serious decrease in the overall development of characters (see mo's post). I know personally, Shuj would just sit at DP arena while my alts would harvest/make GC and bring him alch supplies to raise his overall

#edit: One more thing...wouldnt this be a disadvantage to those with lower end machines who are unable to run multiple clients efficiently while others could run 4, 5, or even 6 clients on multi-screen set-ups and high end computers?

Edited by Shujral