Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server

Just came with a question... will there be other skills too? or just a/d magic and oa? because more skills will mean some people wil get more oa levels :P just curious :)

already IMO a/d is the fastest economic way to gain experience (taking away such things as making mercury in alchemy school, and even then there is a lot of harvesting etc invlved, and tools to somehow aquire). If you can be PK'd at any time while harvesting, then suddenly the rate at which exp is earnt would slow even further.

The biggest problem that I see would be a big inrush of players at the same level early on, meaning a lot of competition for spawns. The strongest players would get to keep the spawn ( since they just kill any other players who try to train there) and nobody would be able to move up until the guy above them was out of sight and ready to move on himself.

Good points - The people who got in fast and trained efficiently would still need others to make the essies etc they need to survive, and as mentioned, it would be no easy task for a lower level player to harvest ingreds. This means more teamwork, and a stronger meaning for guilds in the game.

It will be interesting to see how it works out :happy:

I don't like the idea of having sharded servers.

Edit: With the exception of the test server.

I agree. I do like the idea. But wouldn't it pull pkers from the already low supply on the "real" server?

I do like the idea, but just hate to see the 'original' els main server pk completely die.

Actually, it can be just the opposite. If enough high level PKers decide to spend more time on the PK server than on the normal server, there will be more room for PKing on the main server as well.

Why not a PK continent or planet? Pay like 200gc or so to go there. You can tp or beam back.

Who will go to PK maps on the "original server" when they could go to the PK one?

In theory, more of the weaker players, since the risk of being PKed his lowered. I'd rather have a chance of killing my opponent, which is not the case with any of the current PK maps.

I like the idea of this server, 5$ is not a problem.

Im really excited about this server so i wanna give it a try :)

It will be much different from main server we know but thats why its so fresh, so im all for it :P

mp

exelent idea

only 1 problem i dont have paypal and wouldnt b able 2 play :P

and i would love to play on a pk server

there should b another way 2 play on it w/o pay 5$

~lego

well im against it. seriously cant be bothered to swich from server to server

when whenever i feel like what i want to do.

Thats just for me. i wont use that pk server.

sounds good, can i signup today? :P

on the other hand, why not make a full wipe of the main server and let it startup again with the above modifications? a splitup of the community is'nt that good imo.

its also a lot of extra work to keep two servers running... just thinking :)

sounds good, can i signup today? :P

on the other hand, why not make a full wipe of the main server and let it startup again with the above modifications? a splitup of the community is'nt that good imo.

its also a lot of extra work to keep two servers running... just thinking :)

A full wipe would make you lose the people that don't want to PK, two different servers like this is for different types of players.

In theory, more of the weaker players, since the risk of being PKed his lowered. I'd rather have a chance of killing my opponent, which is not the case with any of the current PK maps.

It's not just that. It would divide community. It would become harder to moderate. I know that's not something to discuss but I forsee it becoming a problem.

i dont like the idea too much and i wont pay to play in pk server.

i agree with Zamirah about the impact on economy, and with Marr about splitting the community.

I think it would be more beneficial to the community and to the game if pk were a more useful and important part of the game, not a separate one (after all Entropy said he came up with this idea to suit the needs of the ones who like pking the most).

As an example, imagine the option of having carts in the game to gather more resources, but with carts being attackable (to steal the stuff inside). This would lead to "bands" of pkers trying to be brigants and bands being defenders. This way a pker could be hired do defend a haverster work = more fun for pkers and all others.

Or the option to fight to conquer buildings or maps with earning something from them, just like the Waquan idea of Blodoks (in a post somewhere in the forum..too lazy to search)

Just an opinion, since i dont do lot of pking....yet :P

And as I'm not able to play on the new pk server will I be one of the strongest here :blush:

Maybe.

I think the strongest will stay, are most of them not bought chars ?

I guess they will not want to do the levelling on the new.

hmm like nintenduh said make it a new continent

c3 mayb

make it with all sources near sto

no cool down

no rosto

tht way ppl will go there for easier life

and it will b a risk taking couse it will all b pk

~lego

I'm not a PK'er and I like it a lot, I'd move immediately. PK'ers that wanne level fast will spend all their time on fighting and will buy whatever the others are alching, manuing,...

Guilds will have a real purpose again like the strong ones protecting the harvesters and stuff, working together will be much more a 'need' instead of being a break from the usual chatting.

Also, I wouldnt mind if they would wipe the main server and implement it there like someone suggested.

How do you get to be strong though, when as i see it the first players over there will get what levels they can fast, then whats to stop then just sitting at WS docks pk'ing all the noobs ?

:blush:

Also, I wouldnt mind if they would wipe the main server and implement it there like someone suggested.

That sounds worse

Edited by Nintenduh

There is many good and bad points about this. Spawns for training would become a issue, guess. the old saying of. Early bird gets the worm? hehe.

<- would pay right now if server started right now ^^.

I love to pk, but then again i also enjoy the other skills of the game, guess id run my character on the normal Server and on the Pk server. would make things interesting ^^.

<3 the idea.

well i dont think spawns would be an issues, the strongest will just kill the weaker and take the spawn. then the stronger will get stronger and the weaker will struggle.. ( unless more maps wernt pk then whats the point of new server)

Edit : looking at a long term view. in 1 to 2 years time , wont the pk server be dominated by just a few players as pk is now ? and then players will stop using it if they cant compete and it will die a slow death, unless you start everyone equal and keep them equal then a newbie in 6 months time wont stand a chance to get into the game

Edited by conavar

I love to pk, but then again i also enjoy the other skills of the game, guess id run my character on the normal Server and on the Pk server. would make things inssteresting ^^.

<3 the idea.

The other skills are 80% of the game. Why shard it for 20%? Have fun without the folks who make the ess or pots.

A very interesting idea. I would try it of course. Harvesting and becoming alchemist/manuer would be a very challenging task. But what guilds are for?

Very interesting idea.

And 5 USD to create a character is a good idea too.

Regards

Chryzopraz

I don't like the idea of having sharded servers.

Edit: With the exception of the test server.

I agree. I do like the idea. But wouldn't it pull pkers from the already low supply on the "real" server?

I do like the idea, but just hate to see the 'original' els main server pk completely die.

Actually, it can be just the opposite. If enough high level PKers decide to spend more time on the PK server than on the normal server, there will be more room for PKing on the main server as well.

Why not a PK continent or planet? Pay like 200gc or so to go there. You can tp or beam back.

Who will go to PK maps on the "original server" when they could go to the PK one?

This is great. C3 the badlands. It implements the idea and doesn't divide the players and economy in half.

Not sure how a A\D cap will work there. Its probably more important to have a coord cap than a AD one.

Well a cap of coord could defeat many people out weather they are 100ad or 40s. considering i am a high coord char with low ad for dp.. that can elimanate me from there.

I'm for it. Though, all maps but IP being PK seems to be a little too much... maybe just make all maps with a storage a PK map ? :icon13:

Anyway, i think i'll give it a try :blush: