Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grozni

Is Eternal Lands becoming fighters game?

i wasn't going to post anything but if i'm here already

ok let ent reduce gc from monster, i give you (manuers, potters etc.) 2 weeks to start complaing about that you can't sell your stuff.

That is language i would like to avoid here. I want to say that i respect all players no matter what they do. If they train a/d/mixing skills/harvesting/pk or if they simply chat/roleplay most important thing is they have fun, thats the main reason that we r all here.

On a sidenote i wanna say that i had many many trades with mixers/allrounders/harvesters and bought from them crazy amount of stuff for ings/gc/ ings+gc combination(ppl who know me know that i like big numbers ;) )and im very happy coz of that and i really apreciate this possibility in eL :)

mp

You've been banned hmm 2 or 3 times now for bitching, whining breaking rules etc and still you come back to play and i'm pathetic :P

If you would inform you, I was never banned for whining or bitching. Pls don't try to turn this into a flame war.

And honestly, I'm not playing anymore, I just come to chat. All i've been doing so far is harvesting and mixing essences for other people while chatting. But I know there is something unbalanced between fighting and mixing. And why are you so bad against a change for mixers? You fear people might get higher levels in a skill you don't even train? Who's the whiner around here?

If you would inform you, I was never banned for whining or bitching. Pls don't try to turn this into a flame war.

Actually, you were :D

Guest ohmygod

Actually, you were :D

lool

Back on topic:

I have given a high lvl crafter ings for a col + paid 10kgc to make me a COL. All they did was to put the ings in to a mix window and click a button. Took them all of 2 seconds to make 10kgc profit.

Ent made yeti stronger now. With yeti being harder/stronger (more armour damage) i think over time = less profit for yeti trainers.

And yes for yeti harvesters like me who kill em quick with sword, they still are best source of gc in game.

Yeti are gc machines. :pickaxe:

Feel free to strap on some armour, grab a sword and come harvest the 30kgc/Hr bounty that these Yeti hold for you and me. :pickaxe:

You fighers have it so easy blabla..then get off your ass and go train some too eh?

See for yourself if its so easy..i think youll get dissapointed fast trying to climb the top.

lmfao AMEN and AMEN if its so easy you try it..nice reply ambro :D

Edited by mufossa

I aint the sugar coating type, so here's how it is,

BEWARE: the following will annoy artisans (mixers):

Is Eternal lands becoming fighters game?
Was it ever not?

95% of what Manu'ers make is used in fighting.

Well over 50% of what any artisan makes is used for fighting.

Sure Crafters and Potioners make tele rings and skill potions, but think about it; the rings are just used to get you around so you can gather ingreds to then use one of those skill pots to make something for guess what; fighters.

Half or more of the spells in the game; fighting.

Summoning; all about fighting. Whether u make/use stones or actually summon, anything u summon is either going to lose health till it dies or fight.

The game itself encourages fighting; MM perk is 5 wasted pick points if you train.

CoL and CoM are very useful, if not a requirement for Harvesting, mixing with shrooms and summoning, yet the Crowns make you take a nexus that allows you to wear some of the best armors in the game. Any crown wearing mixer can go train without spending any additional pick poiints.

Also..any idea how many countless hours it takes to get a char to top 20 or top 10 a/d?

Its enormous.....takes a lot more time than any other skill.

True.

Well I cant answer for the top 50 fighters not being in that group myself, but I know myself that at the moment training on Cycs that I train at a loss ( the gc/drop not being enough to cover manu pots/armour etc) and that I still have to make and sell essies so that I can afford to train a/d .

Top 50 fighters earning a lot of money: well maybe it evens it self out for them not making money for alot of there levels.where as a skill like alch as soon as you can make an Fe then you can make a profit. IMO a/d is differant in that you make a loss at lower levels hoping to break even in the long run by the time you reach yetis.

Exactly.

Apart from a select few people we all train at a loss. I know i do.

And those select few people have put in more hours than any top 20 artisan.

Most fighters, top 20 or not, spend most of their gc with Artisans, you all have it plenty easy, you dont require as much gc as fighters.

so quit ur bitchin ;)

EDIT:

To be clear; i'm not saying u cant play EL as a pure mixer or that its not rewarding, i'm just saying dont delude yourself into thinking that fighting should, or ever did, only make up 1/5 of the game (10 skills, att and def being 2 of them).

Edited by Korrode

you choose what you want to do it's always been this way and if you don't like it go play some other game.

Lol, sorry no offense, but you're pathetic. This topics is made to put a light on this issue. We aren't bitching or crying that something is bad. We are just asking if there are any chances possible. So if we ask for some changes we should stop playing and search another game? And the "it's always been like this" doesn't mean that the current system is 100% ok!

Edit: Imo this topic changed already in 'what do the fighters think about it' instead of 'what do the mixers think about it'.

I think your fucking pathetic for talkn shit about top ad players that train there ass off for 365 strait days 3+ HOURS a day, (i may have not earned all my levels but i trained hard as well) there is way more work in training then sitting on your ass clickn mix buttons, and thinking that we make gigantic amount of gc and exp off yetti is also wrong, sia showed you the stats we deserve that exp, and like radu said we spend huge amounts of shit for training...and its makn me more pissed off that you guys talk about things you dont know...

P.S. If anything we deserve more exp from monsters at high levels, who wants to level when its 20 million exp to a level?

Edited by pook

there is way more work in training then sitting on your ass clickn mix buttons

We need 1.756.000 exp from level 89 to level 90*

A fluffy's hunter needs 9 hours

A potioner needs to make 24.388 srs (all the players know the ingredients to make srs... )

A manuer needs to make 15.008 fur pants (I make these... maybe there's something faster)

An alchemist needs to make 11.945 steel bars (just 96k iron ores... without to consider coal or 36k fe)

A summoner needs to make 4919 tiger stones (4919 furs, +98k le, almost 20k srs and, after ingredients collection, something like 68 hours just to make 273 trips at gypsum... but a summoner can kill everybody, so better if he goes slow)

I'm not a crafter, so I don't know what is the best item to level from 89 to 90.

My conclusion:

without too many distractions, easily, many top 10 of "mix" charts could be in the top 10 A-D, but to be allrounder is better ;)

*I don't consider schools because I don't like to waste neither 1 gc., but I don't know how many players could prefer to get double exp losing all these ingredients and I got lvl 89-90 because atm 90 is a key level for the "mix" skills.

Actually, you were :)

I was banned for summoning at the wrong place :P (well maybe that 2nd newbie char was B);) )

P.S. If anything we deserve more exp from monsters at high levels, who wants to level when its 20 million exp to a level?

To get things in perspecitve . maybe someone who knows can answer

what is the xp requirement for 110 to 111 a/d

compared to

xp requirement for 110 to 111 alch/cra/manu

Is is roughly the same or is there big differances ?

It's the same exp to gain a level, but that exp is way harder to get for mixers than for fighters (look at blodoks numbers).

It's the same exp to gain a level, but that exp is way harder to get for mixers than for fighters (look at blodoks numbers).

yes I know from both a/d training and alching a lot that a/d is easier to level. Just didnt know if xp for all skills was the same or if it differed. thanx for the clarification ;)

A potioner needs to make 24.388 srs (all the players know the ingredients to make srs... )

A manuer needs to make 15.008 fur pants (I make these... maybe there's something faster)

An alchemist needs to make 11.945 steel bars (just 96k iron ores... without to consider coal or 36k fe)

A summoner needs to make 4919 tiger stones (4919 furs, +98k le, almost 20k srs and, after ingredients collection, something like 68 hours just to make 273 trips at gypsum... but a summoner can kill everybody, so better if he goes slow)

I'm not a crafter, so I don't know what is the best item to level from 89 to 90.

My conclusion:

without too many distractions, easily, many top 10 of "mix" charts could be in the top 10 A-D, but to be allrounder is better :D

*I don't consider schools because I don't like to waste neither 1 gc., but I don't know how many players could prefer to get double exp losing all these ingredients and I got lvl 89-90 because atm 90 is a key level for the "mix" skills.

Ent so far is ensuring that this doesn't matter.

Rec manu level to make best armor in the game: Manu: 73 (but to be able to make it without bad fail rate lets say manu 95)

Required a/d to train on dragon: ~145/145 and a crapload of coord? (i dunno if thats right, but even if we say yeti it's ~120/120 a/d or whatever)

It doesn't matter that it takes heaps longer to level artisan skills to over 90's because its not needed to make anything in the game at a decent failure rate.

Edited by Korrode

It doesn't matter that it takes heaps longer to level artisan skills to over 90's because its not needed to make anything in the game at a decent failure rate.

Well true, but the OA levels is for all the characters the same, fighters, mixers, the more pickpoints you can get the better. So a mixer is doomed to have a lower OA level or what?

I will concede that point, mixers need Might (carry capacity) just as much as fighters.

So OA is a problem...

maybe just up the exp gained and rec level of every mixable thing in the game? :D

Edited by Korrode

I think EL players should be asked first what they like in this game, before saying whether this is a fighting-oriented game or not. Is it just fighting, or something else?

From personal point of view, I love much more other things than fight, but from time to time I go and hunt. I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to see Eternal Lands compete with other MMORPG games with quality of it's (almost nonexistent) QUESTS. IMHO too much energy of developers, and focus is "wasted" on fighting and improving fighting. IMHO other stuff are what make Eternal Lands interesting to us all, and again, QUESTS are definitely something that should get attention it deserves. Even those "stupid" go-there-fetch-that quests are better than NO QUESTS.

Let's go back to the topic... I think everything should be destroyable, even the NMT cape. I must admit I never had one, so I do not care if it is destroyable or not. :D Anyway, I like Radu's policy with democratic voting for any important issue, so I guess we shall vote on this and decide if it is going to be destroyable or not.

As Radu said above, this probably is a fighting-oriented game, there is no doubt about it - if You consider how many players are out there hunting, or PKing, comparing to those who mix, or explore, you'll realize it is probably somewhere near 50% of those who are fighting. It would be nice to get such statistics out of this game, so we can see what people usually do here... :confused:

Edited by Dejan

From personal point of view, I love much more other things than fight, but from time to time I go and hunt. I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to see Eternal Lands compete with other MMORPG games with quality of it's (almost nonexistent) QUESTS. IMHO too much energy of developers, and focus is "wasted" on fighting and improving fighting. IMHO other stuff are what make Eternal Lands interesting to us all, and again, QUESTS are definitely something that should get attention it deserves. Even those "stupid" go-there-fetch-that quests are better than NO QUESTS.

If I wanted quests would I have played WoW.

Tryed it 2 weeks, left it because of the quests.

Maybe you should try ??

If I wanted quests would I have played WoW.

Tryed it 2 weeks, left it because of the quests.

Maybe you should try ??

ys i have to agree with zamirah El has a uniqueness about it , i like the freedom and i find quests a pain in my ass, mabye try the role playing channel , or events channel

My conclusion:

without too many distractions, easily, many top 10 of "mix" charts could be in the top 10 A-D, but to be allrounder is better :wub:

I like your table, this is all very true. For potioning, SRS are the same amount of exp per hour and this stays the same no matter your level. You can do TS potion at higher level but this doesn't go much faster experience wise. There are no high level challenges for these skills to match the skill level of the user.

A fighter just goes to a better monster when he can for increased exp. If potioning had potions on level 80, level 100 etc that all give progressively MUCH more exp than the previous ones compared to the time spent to gather the stuff, then people would reach the same sort of levels on potioning. For other mix skills the same situation exists. I think manu is worst because people keep making a very low level item all over again. (but manu happens to be the one skill I do not practice)

Edited by sithicus

if You consider how many players are out there hunting, or PKing

LOOOOOOL @ this...

check all storages, all mines, all flower parts... count those ppl together, then look how many ppl train/pk...

lmao.. there will prolly be 80-90% alchers or what ever ingame and 10-20% trainer/pker :wub:

about yetis, they are fine how they are...

and if u potioners or whatever tell us 9 hours training are nothin... do it, i trained 16 hours yesterday (i usually train less :hug:) and its not very exciting... u have to watch out ur health, u get spammed sometimes, you have to watch out ur monster doesnt run from spawn .. u breeak armor... u waste hes/srs/aes/swords depending on what u train... while alchers/manuers buy their ings from shop, or harv whats even easier, and then click mix button and click pofs sometimes..

so i beg you..get a clue before u talk about things u dont even know about.

i kindly invite one of you to be with me on a 16 hours training day...then we'll see if you still wanna be fighter :hug:

EDIT: sure, alch gives less exp than monsters, but for example with some thing like srs you can make WAY better gc an hour if ur pot lvl is the right... u dont break armor, you dont have to concentrate much, you can sell to npc for 14gc each...

example SRS:

1gc for blue quartz...

blue star flower is very fast to harv. u harv urself.

empty vial, 5gc each

wine, 0.75gc each.

1 pof for 6 srs, 2gc for each srs... (lets say 3,25gc, if u fail ~10%-20% of all srs that u make)

this would be like 10gc each for making srs, you can sell to players for 15gc each easy (saw some ppl buying for 16-17 even)...+ EMPs... chance for emps isnt low :P

making 10k srs isnt hard, click...drink pof...click.. blablabla..

so what? we have it easy? look at urself ;)

and if u still have something to complain, i repeat myself.. you'r welcome to follow me and stay 16 hours training, and yeh, yeti even runs away more/breaks more armor/kills more people cause it hits harder/more... so me, as a fluffy trainer i have it pretty easy. but you will see how hard it is :D

harder than alching/potioning/whatever

Edited by Tempest

if You consider how many players are out there hunting, or PKing

LOOOOOOL @ this...

check all storages, all mines, all flower parts... count those ppl together, then look how many ppl train/pk...

lmao.. there will prolly be 80-90% alchers or what ever ingame and 10-20% trainer/pker :wub:

about yetis, they are fine how they are...

and if u potioners or whatever tell us 9 hours training are nothin... do it, i trained 16 hours yesterday (i usually train less :hug:) and its not very exciting... u have to watch out ur health, u get spammed sometimes, you have to watch out ur monster doesnt run from spawn .. u breeak armor... u waste hes/srs/aes/swords depending on what u train... while alchers/manuers buy their ings from shop, or harv whats even easier, and then click mix button and click pofs sometimes..

so i beg you..get a clue before u talk about things u dont even know about.

i kindly invite one of you to be with me on a 16 hours training day...then we'll see if you still wanna be fighter :hug:

I totally agree, I fought for 2 hours once, it's very annoying, especially if you fight in a cave with hardly any light, even with my perception, it takes me ages to find something...

I am not built for fighting, but I don't wish to fight so why build it like that? There is so many things that you have listed that drives me up the walls, especially the failed spell spam, I cast 4 spells throughly when I do fight, and my magic isn't so high, so Im'a get a LOT of spam.

I have nothing to complain about this game at all, everything about it seems fair. We are not FORCED to do any skill or not do any skill. If I wanted to fight more often, I would ;) But I don't. I choose to mix. I love mixing. <3

I totally agree, I fought for 2 hours once, it's very annoying, especially if you fight in a cave with hardly any light, even with my perception, it takes me ages to find something...

No ofeense or anything, i like u, but 2 hours training a/d is nothing..most spend 6-7 hours AT LEAST

Well lots of people saying how hard they have it and no one saying it is easy for them. How is that possible? 9 hours of training a fluffy to get from 89 to 90 is easier than 23K+ SRs? What planet are you from people?

46K BSF

23K BQ

23K Vials which is 115,000 gold coins.

23K wine which is 17250 gold coins.

This is easier to get than fighting fluffies for 9 hours???

Just try consider the muling time from the vial and wine sellers alone before you count the the harvesting and muling of the BSF and then the BQ as well. This is not even considering the time needed to get the money for the vials and the wine. So tell me again how 'hard' it is to fight fluffies for 9 hours. Yes you need equipment for fighting fluffies and HEs and SRs but if you are an accomplished fluffy fighter then you can pay for those things with the drops. The money or the time needed to get 9 hours worth of supplies at a fluffy spawn for most people who can spend 9 hours on a fluffy spawn is nothing anyway.

Don't try to say it is easy to level mixing just because you don't have to pay attention every second. It takes a monstrous amount of work to level mixing at high levels and doing it to make money, ie not buying your ings, is a tremendous amount of time and effort that is far more time spent leveling than training for a/d on the same levels. It is time that fighters reckognized the work that goes into mixing. Yes if you have enough money to buy everything then leveling mixing is easy.

If you have enough money to buy equipment you can level your a/d too but it is admittedly harder. Although multicombat summon parties, if you have the money to throw away, can still be easy on leveling. Just a matter of the amount of money you want to spend and time. All things being equal it is easier to level a/d than it is to level the mixing skills. The problem is that fighters have higher level things to do at higher levels and the mixers do not. Things have been improved with the new higher level mixing stuff but it is still nothing like the ever improving situation for fighters. Monsters not tough enough? Add new ones that are tough enough.

It would be nice if the new stuff for mixers kept up with the new stuff for fighters but so far it seems that this is just not going to happen. Entropy cannot improve all facets of the game all at the same time equally. Don't ask him to. Be glad there is a game to play and make suggestions instead of complaints. I am tired of hearing the a/d trainers complaining how 'hard' it is to get levels when they have all of the tools they need to do it at their disposal. I am tired of mixers saying it is too hard to level without making suggestions to fix it.

A new way to earn OA levels or to increase your emu is the way to fix this problem. Something that is linked to mixing and not fighting. All arounders can take take advantage of both ways of course but you

have to allow people who want to put in the effort to get the reward. If we cannot come up with suggestions for that then we just have to wait and be patient. Making a game that is equally challenging for fighters and mixers is nearly impossible. EL is doing a very good job of trying.

TirunCollimdus

coGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Ok, so we complain, again, about mutually exclusive things.

First, we complain that it is easier to get a/d than to get manufactuiring related exp.

Then we complain that there are more levels for fighting, and less for manufacturing.

Of course, if I make an item require 140 manu, everyone and their mother and sister would complain that this item is virtually impossible to make.