Eternal Lands Official Forums
eagleprince

Arena updates

I was minding my business at DP Arena on no-drop day. It really was a lot of fun. :)

However, I noticed that some lower-level players were able to life-drain me without running the risk of initiating combat. I expect it would probably be the same for other negative spells. I have been told that only monsters/animals will auto-attack if you cast a spell on them, but I don't think players should be able to cast spells on higher players without risking reprisals. Otherwise a group of low level players can simply gang up on a higher player and poison/harm/LD him to death without him being able to defend himself! :devlish:

I suspect this is by desgin, so that higher players cannot just go in there expecting easy kills. OTOH, is it a bug? I may have missed some critical information about the updates, but I don't think I have read anything that addresses this issue.

All in all, I think that limiting A/D attack levels at those two places is really cool :icon13: . Maybe a larger arena would be nice though. It was really packed yesterday. :)

i think newbs are stil able to attack higher lvl players

^^^^ that should be removed together with casting magic on higher lvl players

Would they be so brave as to try such foolishness were it not No-Drop Day?

yeah smth i noticed... maybe make it able to engage combat if someone

casts a negative spell on u on a arena where u couldn't normaly attack ;>

Another thing about these arena's:

I like the fact people under 40 a/d can "safety" pk now, but the use of the arena for higher a/d people is taken away completly. It should be like that people that are 40+ can fight other 40+. So everyone has a use of the arena.

And about the magic, I think that is stupid that lower people can cast magic on highers ( probely hard to make it like they cant do that ).

And on the no drop day, I saw alot alot people were standing on the frist row, noone could go out when disengaged from a fight, I know it's hard to stop that but it's really annoying.

I like the fact people under 40 a/d can "safety" pk now, but the use of the arena for higher a/d people is taken away completly. It should be like that people that are 40+ can fight other 40+. So everyone has a use of the arena.

And about the magic, I think that is stupid that lower people can cast magic on highers ( probely hard to make it like they cant do that ).

And on the no drop day, I saw alot alot people were standing on the frist row, noone could go out when disengaged from a fight, I know it's hard to stop that but it's really annoying.

You can use a tele-ring to flee, when youre stuck somehow/where. :devlish:

Piper

Excuse my devious mind - but could not a high lvl player stand in the arena and act as a mana bank to an ally - the combatant using mana drain on them!

(I know unlikely that they would be magic 40 and only a/d 40) but the possibility exists!

Excuse my devious mind - but could not a high lvl player stand in the arena and act as a mana bank to an ally - the combatant using mana drain on them!

(I know unlikely that they would be magic 40 and only a/d 40) but the possibility exists!

ye sure, 30a/d maybe 40 a/d can mana drain -_-'

wake up!! 30's a/d if they dont magic train got like 25 magic lvl max and lvl needed for mana drain is 40!

I had magic 40 by like 45 a/d...

so yeah, it could be possible. but then the other dude could mana drain him too. So what's the difference?

I think you totally miss the purpose of those arenas.

They are there for newbies to have some little fun. You pros have other arenas and PK maps and guild maps and so on. Stop complaining.

And yes, the newbies should be able to cast spells on you, because the arena is like their home. If you step in it, you are fair game.

I think you totally miss the purpose of those arenas.

They are there for newbies to have some little fun. You pros have other arenas and PK maps and guild maps and so on. Stop complaining.

And yes, the newbies should be able to cast spells on you, because the arena is like their home. If you step in it, you are fair game.

completely agree, if you cant attack while your in it it doesnt mean you should be safe from attacks, if a bunch of "n00bs" want to use spells to kill the so called 'pr0's" then i dont see a problem with it.

good place for 'pros' to scam newbs, pretend they are 30 a/d and a 40 a/d newb attacks this high lvl player and dies:<

newbs can att high lvl yeh ?

good place for 'pros' to scam newbs, pretend they are 30 a/d and a 40 a/d newb attacks this high lvl player and dies:<

newbs can att high lvl yeh ?

Yes, they can, and if they do so, we call them N00BZ :bow_arrow:

Piper

I agree,

too bad some 50' players drink true sight potions to ruin the newbies fun

:omg:

Those 50 a/d's are then 40 a/d's, the only diff is p/c, because their oa may or may not be higher, however the p/c difference isn't big enough to kill in one hit, so 40 a/d's still have a chance to disengage. If a 30-40 a/d person finds this risk too big, there's always monster training ;)

Those 50 a/d's are then 40 a/d's, the only diff is p/c, because their oa may or may not be higher, however the p/c difference isn't big enough to kill in one hit, so 40 a/d's still have a chance to disengage. If a 30-40 a/d person finds this risk too big, there's always monster training :D

I spent a lot of time in that arena watching fights ( and making some bets! :D ) and I know what I say, when a 50's with a full tit plate / serp-cutlass-saber etc attacks a 30-40 opponent there's no time to diss... and it ruins my bets too!

Most don't have... Only some exceptions, but those people are most of the time not real new players and get it from friends or see. Anyway I haven't seen anyone in dp arena so far with a steel or tit set. Only seen full iron sets with cutlass or other sort of those weapons.

I bet few/many top50 a/d PKers were highly tempted to make ~35a/d and fluffy p/c char(alchemy skill+ some negs works wonders;p)

eMPi

That was my main concern and one of the most important reasons I don't like limited a/d arenas.

Most don't have... Only some exceptions, but those people are most of the time not real new players and get it from friends or see. Anyway I haven't seen anyone in dp arena so far with a steel or tit set. Only seen full iron sets with cutlass or other sort of those weapons.

have you gone to some other DP arena then? :) whenever i went i saw lots of ppl in full ti + nmt + col and one of the wolfram swords, including my own guildie :P (almost once a night for past week or so)

Yea i've been there quite a lot (but never in the evenings, that might explains :)) I've never seen someone there in full tit/steel that isn't a 'pro' :P