Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nidan

teleport bags

I got a suggestion, which will probably be liked by crafters, and actually by most other players as well.

The suggestion is a new teleporting device that will teleport not the player, but an item. To storage.

You would have to use the teleporting device with the item you want to teleport to storage. After that, the teleporting device would disappear, and the item you chose will be in your storage.

The advantages should be pretty obvious, for example, if you are harvesting silver ore you can send all the ore to storage once you are full. Only the ores you are carrying, of course, or else you would be able to make a bag of 10k and send it all in one go. This should make it equally beneficial to both people with high or low emu. It just saves them a trip to storage.

The advantage for the crafters should be nice too. Finally an item they can make that would be in high demand, because it will be used lot, and disappears after usage.

There will be an advantage to fighters as well. If you finally get that random drop, you can send it off to storage right away :confused:

For the teleporting device i would suggest something like a 'teleport bag'. The bag should be manufactured by the manufacturing skill by mixing up some threads and leather and should be pretty cheap. Then the crafter should perhaps add some essences or a new ring to it, and voila, we have a teleport bag.

If this is 'too good to be true', it could be so that there is a chance that you randomly lose a % on the way. Say you got 100 ores on you, only 80 would actually make it to storage. Would make it a bit risky for fighters who want to send rare drops to storage, tho...

What do you think? Please discuss any pro's and con's, imbalances, ect.

---

edit to clear things up: You cannot send bags to storage, only items you have in your inventory

Edited by Nidan

I really like this idea. If the costs are kept low enough for common usage, it be be a great idea.

Should require a high nexus so part time crafters don't cash in

While this seems like a neat idea, it is one of those suggestions that would wreck the economy; one of the limits on production is the transport of raw materials around the world, to storage or to a manufacturing site. Even if the loss rate were 90% it would still have this effect -- if a character does not have to move from the ore face, the quantity they can mine over the course of a day is huge.

If there was a strict limit on the quantity of material transported, say 100 units of an item, then this may be more acceptable.

That said, I do not like the approach that characters have to become humanoid trucks in order to progress competitively in the game, regardless of their profession; but this is better solved by other means.

I love it apart from :

If this is 'too good to be true', it could be so that there is a chance that you randomly lose a % on the way. Say you got 100 ores on you, only 80 would actually make it to storage. Would make it a bit risky for fighters who want to send rare drops to storage, tho...

Lets imagine a character with 500 emu harvestested 10k iron in bag, normaly he needs like 4 hours or maybe more to transport it to the storage(+ a friend who will bagsit for him) and with this new teleporting device he can do this in seconds.

So it will save 4h of hard and very boring work for him( muling sux;p).

I think it would make a life of harvesters very easy, and seriously doubt that devs wanna it :confused:

eMPi

Lets imagine a character with 500 emu harvestested 10k iron in bag, normaly he needs like 4 hours or maybe more to transport it to the storage(+ a friend who will bagsit for him) and with this new teleporting device he can do this in seconds.

So it will save 4h of hard and very boring work for him( muling sux;p).

I think it would make a life of harvesters very easy, and seriously doubt that devs wanna it :D

eMPi

10k iron is 40k emu = 80 trips. This would still mean that 80 teleport bags should be used to get it all to storage. Say a teleport bag costs 200gc, then it would cost 16,000 gc. Not sure if this really makes life that much easier for them. In my experience, gathering the ore takes much longer than running it to storage.

Instead of teleport bags you could just use teleport rings as well. If you are harvesting coal in DP, you could use a DP ring to quickly store it too.

Edited by Nidan

The advantages should be pretty obvious, for example, if you are harvesting silver ore you can send all the ore to storage once you are full. Only the ores you are carrying, of course, or you could make a bag of 10k and send it all in one go.
So the 'teleport bag' affects the bag you are standing over (cf. 'skull key').

10k iron is 40k emu = 80 trips. This would still mean that 80 teleport bags should be used to get it all to storage.
So the 'teleport bag' affects a stack in your inventory?

These are two quite different approaches. The first would have huge ramifications to the economy, as pointed out. The latter is probably acceptable (if the teleport bag item itself did not stack).

Edited by trollson

The advantages should be pretty obvious, for example, if you are harvesting silver ore you can send all the ore to storage once you are full. Only the ores you are carrying, of course, or you could make a bag of 10k and send it all in one go.
So the 'teleport bag' affects the bag you are standing over (cf. 'skull key').

10k iron is 40k emu = 80 trips. This would still mean that 80 teleport bags should be used to get it all to storage.
So the 'teleport bag' affects a stack in your inventory?

These are two quite different approaches. The first would have huge ramifications to the economy, as pointed out. The latter is probably acceptable (if the teleport bag item itself did not stack).

Maybe not totally clear, but my suggestion was to only transport the things you are carrying. If this was not the case, you could send a whole bag, which is not good.

or you could make a bag of 10k and send it all in one go

That doesnt sound like sending things from ur inventory only( unless u know some ways for normal players to have in inventory 10k of ore or flowers :D ).

<edit> whoops, i just saw trollson post;p

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

I don't like this idea (even though I'm a serious crafter).

That would just leave people with going to a cave with 50 rings, staying there for a day or more and sending back the materials to storage...

Pretty boring, no people met on the way to/from and at the storage, less interaction... and definitely too easy.

Just my opinion

Maybe the raw materials would become cheaper then and finally people will make profit on making items by buying raw materials or half finished goods like bars. I would like it :D

Maybe the raw materials would become cheaper then and finally people will make profit on making items by buying raw materials or half finished goods like bars. I would like it :D
Raw materials are already free; this would make them more readily available as the bottleneck of transportation is removed. This increases production, lowering prices, and decreasing any potential profit -- remember that items are created as much for experience as for sale.

I love it apart from :

same, but its a great idea =)

Raw materials are already free; this would make them more readily available as the bottleneck of transportation is removed. This increases production, lowering prices, and decreasing any potential profit -- remember that items are created as much for experience as for sale.

But lowering prices would also make it so that people consume more of different items so even when the production raises people will buy more and people will get rid of overstocks. IMO the malfunction of the market is because it takes much too long to get the raw materials together so their price is way too high considering the finished item.

Mules no more needed. Mine 40k of anything and use the bag. Even if 50% goes you are 20k forward. No.

Maybe the raw materials would become cheaper...
Raw materials are already free...
But lowering prices would also make it so that people consume more of different items so even when the production raises people will buy more and people will get rid of overstocks.
These stocks exist because supply outstrips demand; they could be sold cheap now if the market wanted them.

The clarified suggestion -- "Use teleport bag on inventory stack" -- seems reasonable, but I doubt it is acceptable; it makes mules even more useful.

Mules no more needed. Mine 40k of anything and use the bag. Even if 50% goes you are 20k forward. No.

Read the whole topic instead of only the first 5 sentences. The TS already said in a post he doesn't mean that you can send a bag, but only an item in your inv. And mining a bag of 40k iron and only collecting 20k of it will be even a bigger waste of time instead of running them to your storage :D

These stocks exist because supply outstrips demand; they could be sold cheap now if the market wanted them.

Yes and why is there such a low demand? Take C2 rings as an example. Their price to make is about 200-250gc. Price to enter C2 is 100gc and using the spell is ~150gc, why in godsname should someone buy C2 rings? Yes because the price to make is too high, and that's because the price of raw materials are so high.

So you just sit there and mine your ore...get a full load and *poof* it's in your storage...

Or you bagjump somebody and just stand there and keep reloading and *poof* it's all in your storage...bagjumper gets an even bigger benefit and doesn't even have to figure out how to save his ill-gotten gains...

Or you get full of monster drops and instead of filling up and having to make the usual choice of leaving the drops, dropping some potions, or going to storage (thereby actually giving somebody else a chance to get a spawn)...you just *poof* your drops into storage nice and safely...

Big :D from me.

how about a command which takes you to the nearest boat or something but it takes 10minutes to activate.

So you just sit there and mine your ore...get a full load and *poof* it's in your storage...

Or, you can use a ring *poof* to the closest storage at half the price, and only have to walk half the way after that.

Or you bagjump somebody and just stand there and keep reloading and *poof* it's all in your storage...bagjumper gets an even bigger benefit and doesn't even have to figure out how to save his ill-gotten gains...

Only if you are willing to pay the price for all the teleport bags. It would be easier to pick out the expensive stuff and *poof* you teleport yourself to a safe map and put it in storage. Much cheaper.

Or you get full of monster drops and instead of filling up and having to make the usual choice of leaving the drops, dropping some potions, or going to storage (thereby actually giving somebody else a chance to get a spawn)...you just *poof* your drops into storage nice and safely...

Sure, if you want to send each non stackable potion to storage, each in its own bag. It would be cheaper to drop the potions and with the money you saved out from not teleporting them to storage, you can buy 5 times the potions later on.

I agree that this suggestion might be a little too good for harvesters. That's why i also suggested that maybe only 80% of the resources make it to storage. Or perhaps even 20% chance that it will all be lost. You wont have many people sending their just found NMT cape to storage then :(

Or perhaps there should be different sizes of bags, each with their maximum amount of emu that can be send. Of course the smaller bags will be cheaper, so people with small p/c can use a cheaper bag than people with big p/c.

The main idea was that there would be a useful consumable crafters item. I tried to suggest something thats not too powerful to use (It's not THAT much better than normal teleport rings), but still powerful enough to be in high demand.

Perhaps it would be a little bit more balanced if there's a chance that instead of the bag going to the storage, you die :devlish:

lol :icon13:

I already see the message: Oops, you forgot to release the bag before it teleports and the top half of your body have tried to do the travel as well.

Perhaps it would be a little bit more balanced if there's a chance that instead of the bag going to the storage, you die :icon13:

lol

no, no. There should be a chance that instead of the bag going to storage, your storage comes to your bag. Your ENTIRE storage. :devlish:

no, no. There should be a chance that instead of the bag going to storage, your storage comes to your bag. Your ENTIRE storage. :devlish:

I realize that may have been said in jest, but i want to point out that there's little value in adding a new feature that carries a risk such that no one would ever use it. The devs have better things to do that add stuff that won't get used.