Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LochnessLobster

guild map spawns

I feel like monster spawns are at a premium in the game. I am playing less these days due to a lack of spawns. I would suggest making monster spawns an option that can be purchased for US dollars. What do others think?

Perhaps private monster spawns on guild maps, so guilds and optionally allow access to them?

Yet another way to premium players with $ and possibility to use pay-pal/CD. This idea would divide the community between ones with $ and ones without (as this is not a problem atm, is it? <-- sarcasm). I would say NO.

Regards,

Gil

I could maybe see this as reasonable if the spawns had a reduced rate from normal ones.

On the other hand, I'd really hate to see guilds just hang out on their own maps all the time training on their personal spawns. It seems like that would hurt the community.

I think it would be funny to allow invasions on Guild Maps. To see that guilds 'safe' place get overrun by a bunch of monsters. And either they cannot use their Guild Map or they need to let people in to kill the monsters. :D

Off course bots can't kill the damn invasion monsters then. :P

-Blee

Sorry I said anything. It's just that I'm really frustrated with the how crowded the the spawns are. In the future I'll keep my comments to myself.
it is a real problem though... just because there are some problems with a suggestion doesn't mean you should stop working on it

An alternate solution would be to have more spawns or perhaps progressive spawns (ie the more active players that occupy a map, the more monsters will spawn).

aka, paying for exp?

that's like... me no more exp because i am poor :P

I think its an interesting suggestion, but personally i would go against this cause it would cause more and more guilds to become inactive in the rest of el and theres not enough players as it is (certian times). and maximos if it was put in that doesnt mean all other spawns go poof... there would still be spawns for you to trainin... :D

Yes, chaoo, but...

let's imagine a guild map with guard bot(s), with some nice spawns behind it - it means riskless training. Even if you die there is NOBODY to take your deathbag. Only thing you would have to take care of are: potions, essies, good mouse to click with.

Imo, it would only hurt the community.

Way better solution would be solution proposed by Derin.

Regards,

Gil

An alternate solution would be to have more spawns or perhaps progressive spawns (ie the more active players that occupy a map, the more monsters will spawn).

sounds greast to me

There will be some new monsters spawns soon.

BTW, half of the monster spawns are not even used, I hope you guys realize that.

Well Loch You got what you wanted just in a different way :)

I say NO to this, it just gives really easy training to people who can spend $

"When" I can be arsed to look for a Fluff I can find one, simple.. It's not hard, I even found a spawn today that I didn't know was there O.o - But I was tooo busy on Yeti :P

If the price is high enough, I would say its a good idea.

For example..maybe an ogre costs $350 each? :P

A desert chimeran...500 each?

A fluffy...$600 each?

A wood sprite...$20, limit of 5?

And so on.

Guest ohmygod

A fluffy...$600 each?

And so on.

maybe annual fee too

A fluffy...$600 each?

And so on.

Yeti, Giant? $1000?

No, this wont work, either way you look at it, it's not going to work, just cause more people to leave EL.. The idea of more spawns is good, paying for "private spawns" aint good.

Wouldn't this means that Guilds that have "Guard Bots" would need to do something to stop them killing the stuff all day, then someone taking the drops? ^^

It seems like that would hurt the community.

Depends of the guild. :P

BTW, half of the monster spawns are not even used, I hope you guys realize that.

As Ent stated there are a ton os free spawns, maybe the problem isn't really with numbers (as in how many spawns there are) but in the mix of creatures in the maps

I know of a castle in C2 with a ton of free gargoyles, but to get to it you must pass an area with hobgoblins which are stronger then the gargoyles.

In C1, the Grunabi Peninsula is not used as much as it could be, due to some high level monsters mixed in with very low level ones, which lead to a waste of those low level monster spawns.

It is also harder to train in a area with more then one spawn of the monster you are interested, unless you use a mm cloak or get the mm perk. Both options are very expensive, one in gc, the other in pick points.

I'm not sure, but it sounded like you complaint that there aren't spawns tied to players. Preferable with storage/NPC/single combat and no risk at all. -_-

Weird.

Gil

Yes the spawns are crowded, but I can usually find a spawn of the monster that I want (and I do not mean those in active pk maps) - or failing that go off and do something else.

Ok so some spawns are not as 'easy' to manage as others - but that is part of the game.

As Eublepharis stated - some spawns are dangerous because of other monsters on the map... but with dis rings - you can train there safely.

As for guild spawns - definately not a good idea - as mentioned a perfectly dafe method of training - and unlimited - afk training becomes a real possibility.

Rr