Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Small change to setting #enemy_combatant in TTW

Currently, when setting #enemy_combatant, you are immediately set to combatant. It would be nice to get a message like the following and be required to type the command again to confirm:

"Are you sure? Using this command again will set you to combatant in Total War. This will allow you to fight with other combatant enemies, so long as they are in an enemy guild. Use #enemies_list to see who are your guild's enemies."

Typing this command by mistake costs 50000 gc to undo, a costly error. Typing it while not knowing what it does has already cost a few players a lot more.

By the way, typing #enemy_pacifist demands 50000 gc, even if you are not set as combatant. It would be nice if that command told you that you already are a pacifist, allowing you to check #enemy_* status some way.

Edited by Maxine

I totally agree... one of my guildies was recently sort-of 'lured' into typing this. My guild has no 'official' enemies set so it really doesn't affect her, but she was quite freaked out.

the TTW feature is currently only abused, it needs a complete over haul or failing that just removed

i still am in the impression that TTW could/would be a great part of EL and there are many great suggestions on forums on how to make it so, but currently alas it is only abusers / colossal ass hats that currently use this feature.

edited cus im shmexy

Edited by Rokk

Let's not forget that as it is now, both guilds have to agree on total war.

There's no way that one person can get another guild involved in a total war,

at least the guild master of the other guild has to agree.

If one or the other enters a total war w/o checking what that implies or

informing his guild members, then who is at fault when someone gets tricked?

I agree with Maxine's suggestion to add some safeguards, but let's remember

that the guild of the victims agreed to the total war: there's no need to set a guild

as enemy other than to get into a total war. And for some, total war is just that:

total.

like this idea maxine,

revi:

that does not mean that typing the command is a big costly mistake, and you never change status even if you leave guild and join another. If you join a guild that has a enemy set, and you do not know about it, you are combatant until you spend 50kgc to be a peasant again. having it to write 2 times (there are other commands that need to be written 2 times before getting active) giving out a warning and only get executed if writen a second time in a set time frame does reduce abuse to a minimum

Vino:

Like I said, I agree with Maxine's suggestion. It is indeed a costly mistake to make.

But I think the most important part is the ability to check your combatant status, so you

don't use #enemy_pacifist without needing to.

And my comment was also addressed to Rokk's remarks, about ttw currently only being

used by abusers and such. He forgot that ttw involves both parties, and requires

active cooperation, not only of the 'victim' but of the leaders of the guilds involved. I'd

expect the leaders to at least inform their members of a ttw situation, and if needed,

explain what that implies.

Afaik, TTW does not give any exp in att/def/magic, correct me if I'm wrong.

Whats the harm in implementing this feature suggested by maxine? none. Whats to gain by implementing it? Knowledge of your combat status and a little warning before you commit to being a target. Worth implementing imo

TTW gives you no A/D exp, I remeber only really 2 guilds using it and that was to train magic at DP sto, the 2 biggest profile scams from TTW in recent are Joe and approach both dieng in VOTD and loosing 5OOk+ of st00fs, so in my recolection of TTW in the time I been playing is of abuse(using to train magic in DP sto) and scaming( approach and Joe dieng in VOTD). I also think alongside Maxines great idea a few complimentary changes should also take place

1-to remove all fees associated with TTW ( inc. Setting enemies becoming pacifist etc)

2-on setting of enemies an auto #IG is sent to the enemie guild asking for response

3-all exp bug fixed so that it can't be used for training near or at sto

4-make all frags outside of a non drop map, non drop

I still think TTW can be great, it just needs to be tweaked :>

#

1-to remove all fees associated with TTW ( inc. Setting enemies becoming pacifist etc) Agree. I have thought about setting up two dummy guilds to have friendly fights anywhere, randomly with friends for fun many times, but the price to become pacifist again when returning to the main guild is off putting.

2-on setting of enemies an auto #IG is sent to the enemie guild asking for response They usually tell them anyway, so don't understand this one, but ok

3-all exp bug fixed so that it can't be used for training near or at sto I believe this has been sorted. No more a/d exp, and magic exp has stopped after all the sto MDing afaik :D

4-make all frags outside of a non drop map, non drop Yes! Yes! Yes! (apart from Drop PK maps, where you know the risk)

I still think TTW can be great, it just needs to be tweaked :> Me and you both ;)

Bold text is my opinions

Have the warning be in some alert text, like yellow, orange, or red.

#

3-all exp bug fixed so that it can't be used for training near or at sto I believe this has been sorted. No more a/d exp, and magic exp has stopped after all the sto MDing afaik :D

Bold text is my opinions

To #3... Ranging still gives xp...

To #4... This would be awesome!

Edited by Orick

Few changes that I think would hepl, first the command could automatically post in #gm Rabbitman has set himself to #enemy_combatant! Second, the changes won't take effect for 2 in game hours (so you couldn't be killed in less than 2 sec as has been done the last few days).

I also really like:

#

Bold text is my opinions

Could make it so you will still drop a brick if you die with one, but you don't need it if you die in ttw. So it would work like NDD.

I don't know about that. When you set a guild as enemy, you are supposedly at "war" with them. Why would you not want them to drop things?

I think a confirmation message like Maxine suggested is enough to help reduce the chance of people unknowingly getting themselves at war with another guild. So yes, I think this is a good idea.

The non drops thing would make it funner. I believe thats the point. The majority of PK i know of happens in KF/DPA, so clearly people think non-drops PK is fun, and I agree. ND TTW FTW!!!

And yes,yes, yes to Rabbitmans post :D

I don't know about that. When you set a guild as enemy, you are supposedly at "war" with them. Why would you not want them to drop things?

keep real PK with drops etc in real PK maps,

Its a game

lol

is supposed to be fun ya, not so serious all time, when rosto were half price of what they ares now there was much more PK, much more.

making TTW no exp and no drop would be just free fun,

which is very cool no :>