Entropy

Removing rule 5 (multiplaying)

Should rule 5 be removed?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Should rule 5 be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes but with some conditions/limitations
    • No

but there has been enough reasons why it would make game just less fun.

K, which ones?

Beside might, could, would and other guesses?

Piper

Ok I'll try to list them here:

1) Neg perks.

True, but that can be changed. Hopefully radu wont drop dead after removing rule #5 and might still be able to adjust some things, like neg perks (thats why i said earlier, increase the amount of gc to get them)

2) What I already said before. U should practically choose if u want to be pker or trainer. U can't be both because u need to have all attributes full to be able to pk and u can't train if u have them all full.

True, but its still one person who plays the accounts. So you have to split your attention between your main char and your alt. And thats quite hard to do IMO.

3) It COULD (I know, I know) ruin the economy of the game. It's bit different on pk server, as there is not so much players.

It will affect the economy, of course, but i doubt, that it will be such a big impact. I highly doubt, that every active EL player will start 10 alts at once. And technically spoken, there is still the possibility to limit the amount of clients from the same IP. Lets say, 4 clients from the same IP are ok, so even friends and families can play and the problem is solved IMO.

4) Those people who have most time to play, woud benefit most. Now there is just one player harving or training 24/7, but compare it when there is 2-5 char's doing same things 24/7. It would rehearse (is that correct word? :)) the cap between those who plays EL as their work and those who are really working and can't play that much.

That is a fact, but has nothing to do with multiplaying. A lot of ppl have more time to play EL than i do, so they have higher levels, more money/items. Such is life, i accepted that fact and can live with it.

5) I had something else on my mind but forgot... Edit: I remember it now... Some people has really slow computers so they can't even run 2 programs at same time. So again it would be unfair to them. And if there is no limit for alts, some people could run 5 or 6 alts at same time when someone else can run just 2 or 3.

There are hundreds and thousands ppl out in this world who dont even know what a computer or an internet connection is and cant even play EL. How fair is this for them?

Seriously, there will be always somebody who has more money, a better comp, a better internet connection, or is even smarter than you are. That is not unfair, that is life. And has at least nothing to do with rule #5.

(most of them are my own thinkings as I was too lazy to read whole thread :P I think there is also good points by other persons :))

True, then other ppl can post their reasons, and not only guesses, here :)

Piper

I don't even try to quote your post anymore, so I'll just asnwer here:

1) Yes neg perks could be removed, but still it would be unfair fot those people who wants / aren't able to play with more than one acc.

2) Not hard to harv with your alt army at same time when your main char is training. It was easy on pk server too when I was playing there, so shouldn't be problem on main server too.

3) -

4) I know that too, but still practically it goes this way: there is person who plays 24 hours in a day and person who plays 12 hours in day. Practically person who can play 2x more, can also lvl 2x faster. But think when there is, let's say just 2 players on both persons. The person who plays 2x more, could lvl 4x faster now than player who can play half less. And difference would be even bigger, if there is more than one alt or bigger cap between their playing times. That is TOO unfair IMO. Btw that was just ideal case, not supposed to work like that in game too :)

Luckily it looks that this is not going to happen ^^

Edited by Miiks

TBH outside of the "family members being able to trade with one another" part (which they can do now,with a bit of contact with the mods)

nobody has come up with a good reason why a players alts SHOULD be able to trade with one another.

Voted No.

As has been said by several people, one of EL's greatest strengths is its community, allowing multi-playing would hurt that considerably.

Of course everyone won't have 50 alts, people that say as much are blowing things out of proportions, but one alt alone, just one alt, is all it would take.

I already play with two characters, my alt can make a considerable amount of gold coins each day, with next to no attention while I happily play Enly as I would without an alt to take my attention. What would be the use of trading with people, buying product, or any such things, if I could simply have said alt harvest for me while I mix, and give me all that gold it makes?

One alt could erase my need to trade with other players, no matter what limitations you can possibly conceive to put on it, I think to remove rule five would be a very, very bad idea.

Without the need to trade, for teamwork, and friendships, you destroy EL's greatest strength, and the reason so many people play.

Edited by Enly

4) I know that too, but still practically it goes this way: there is person who plays 24 hours in a day and person who plays 12 hours in day. Practically person who can play 2x more, can also lvl 2x faster.

That is correct, but that hasnt anything to do with multiplaying.

If someone has more time to play EL than you or i do, s/he will level faster, of course. That is a fact we simply have to accept.

But that has nothing to do with rule #5.

Piper

One account per person via mail doesn't work because you can easily get tons of addresses.

Yes, that's why I said: trading from same IP/account is allowed, but with same IP and other account is not. On this way you can't trick with creating e-mail addresses.

4) I know that too, but still practically it goes this way: there is person who plays 24 hours in a day and person who plays 12 hours in day. Practically person who can play 2x more, can also lvl 2x faster.

That is correct, but that hasnt anything to do with multiplaying.

If someone has more time to play EL than you or i do, s/he will level faster, of course. That is a fact we simply have to accept.

But that has nothing to do with rule #5.

Piper

Ops yes when I think it bit more, it doesn't practically make any difference :) So yes u was right :P Or I don't know... hmm... damn too much thinking for me when I'm tired.

But still that didn't change my opinion.

Edited by Miiks

TBH outside of the "family members being able to trade with one another" part (which they can do now,with a bit of contact with the mods)

nobody has come up with a good reason why a players alts SHOULD be able to trade with one another.

It is easier on the rule enforcers aka moderators.

these are the 2 reasons, the rest are selfish

*swings a pendulum before miiks eyes*

You will change your opinion...

:)

Piper

*swings a pendulum before miiks eyes*

:)

Piper

Rofl.. Well I can't change my vote anyway anymore :P

That's always such an interesting reason though, considering the fact that both in the poll before and this one, most - if not all - of the moderators vote for keeping the rule. So I'd rather not have people vote because of this reason...

I purposely ignored the moderators part, since the one's that have posted seem to be in favour of keeping rule 5 intact, even if it does mean a little more work for them

For those worried about mod time spent on catching those people who are actually cheating now, it is an absolutely worthwhile task, and worth any/all time spent, imo.

I can only speak for myself, but I would much prefer to invest my time in catching cheaters and interacting with other players than trading with and talking to my own alts.

Voted no

This is a game where we make choices, sacrifice

Books are espensive, you need to choose the ones you need

Nexus are expensive (one way or another) and you need to choose which ones to invest in.

#reset is always an option

NO. No way.

Making less work for mods is not any kind of reason to do this. Enly put my reasons very succinctly. For me the best part of this game is the community. Anything that causes less interaction is a threat to that.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I voted no, for the following reasons..

~ I don't believe having a mulitude of characters logged on at the same time, being allowed to interact to support a main character is a great idea.

~ The economy will become unstable regardless of what some may think. Its basic economics.

~ It may be overly taken advantage of and possibly only cause more issues with individuals and possibly mods. Only because most games that do allow this sort of thing, have more issues with hackrZ. I could name some examples if you wish, just ask.

~ Like stated, this is a game where a individual has to make choices on what they want to do and can do. Its the diversity of the game, and in my opinion what seperates it from many other games. I can name some great games to give examples if you like but they some may be the same games from the above mentioned, just ask.

~ I've played this game on and off for long enough to understand what EL is about. Lets just say I've played for at least a minute or two. As Asgnny and others have said. The community is what makes EL. The significance of how people are forced to communicate to progress themselfs is astonishing. And if you remove that, then does that conclude that EL would be just another game? And nothing great like how it is now, or why some keep coming back time after time after time.

~> me <~ :)

I think people would have a better grasp if some of the "limitations" that would be instated was introduced.

I agree with this. ill vote no till i fully understand what kinda limitations will need to be put in place.

Limit to 3 characters non logged on at same time. All 3 being able to share a storage. Im sure that will be a pain to program or what ever would need to be done on Entropy`s end. Then people will say what about the people with the same ips. Thats another problem. Maybe its time to come out with a EL cd that say needs to be bought if you want to have more then one character. What would the cd do what i already mentioned. If you get caught multi trading and you did not buy the program you get banned.

As far as people saying ill leave game i think those of us that have been here for a very long time are not leaving. And something like i just mentioned would open more doors for those people who try the game out and think the rules are a little to strict and leave.

Edited by Scorpion_King

This post is Gleaned from the "MoAR epic ramblin P0sts NAO!!~~" dept, you're welcome.

From the last poll, I'm now 'hugging the fence' on this one, I can

see pro and cons of it. Lets look plainly at them:

Cons: ( of allowed things )

• Less -Real Human to another Human- interaction. It true, someone could play avoiding interacting with anyone.
  • Server population Instantly triples+. Assuming everyone has a "main" and at least 2 alts, we will shortly max the server
  • Gives the win to the person with the most, comp power\people\free time to 'level' their 'family', and less to the $
  • Pk entrances and arenas will be cover with 'scouting alts' to see if anyone is there or enters.
  • Without limitations, char creation will probably cause 1000s of disposable charas, made one day for a pk scout, kill me, repeat.
  • Assuming certain resources like silver\iron\etc would be bought less, since someone can have a alt 'live there'.

Pros:

• Some could play without interacting with anyone else. The community isn't what its made out to be. Generally its
    petty, small town and highly vindictive. (IE, someone goes on about something that happened 2 RL years ago, ingame)
  • It would allow more Roleplay, since someone could make a specialize limited chara just to explore one story line of a rpgs development.
  • It would be easier. Less time spent on harving and more time on interacting with that small town petty mob. As it currently stands
    most non GM or channel chat occurs at storages\ores.
  • More p2ps would be bought. Since there will be more charas ingame, probably more shop sales.
  • Players would be more than one character, but more like a conglomeration, a family of charas.
  • Harv on one, Chase monsters on the other, now there will be more people playing ingame than afk harving whilst browsing youtube.

I personally don't think it would cause more cases of cheating, such as macroing or other such lameness. I think the moderation

staff is the cause of keeping it controlled and not disallowing multi.

I do notice that the people most adamant against are hardcore AFK'rs, I am one myself, I play while working

and afk mine most of the time. I couldn't work and do a billion charas, so I would get left behind in the rat race. Eventually,

when the server reaches max population levels, being 24 hours AFK cannot be allowed. So multi does cause these people,eventually

to be forced to log off. I admit this is why I played EL to begin with, I could AFK while working and not get logged off. However

I see this as a reason some people maybe voting against this topic.

I also disagree with the community is what makes el, entirely my opinion, but I think what makes el is the moderation and

the course of decisions made by the development team. The el community can be petty, vindictive, and 'nosey'. It is very

small town like and people whine\cry\brag about ingame events that occur 1+ Real Life years ago. The same people end

up harassing the same people for RL years, its a game, but for some its their only outlet in their disempowered life.

There are good people, there are totally nice people, but the community alone is not this tree lovin benign happy fun time nao!~

group everyone seems to make them out to be.

It may also attract more people to play el, since villages that share IPS, or family won't have to reveal any personal

information in order to play. Of all the player that have been banned over time, due to violating -only- rule #5, perhaps

our average online players would be 1k+ now. You should stop cheaters, but things should not be so strict that people

are totally disuading from playing at all.

In Closing,

I have witness Real Life towns, that fought 'tooth and nail' any change to their town, only to watch everyone move away.

"New prison, BAD! New Store baaad!, New new omfgawd badd!" "Don't want to bring a bad element to our beloved Fair Haven!~"

And tada, all their kids move away. Town Dies. I know its a RL anology to a Fantasy game, but if we insist on talking about

the community, we must treat it like one.

So are we voting for the games appeal and future, or our own style of play?

I say yes-

BUT under the conditions that they trade evenly, no muling, and no multi-combat. ^^

Guest MacNathan

I vote No.

Mostly because I don't need to remember any more passwords. :happy: And I also feel it would throw off the economy. Now if we could get all those bots off the market channel and onto one of thier own we would truely attain harmony :D