Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Be your own pet

Well, some of you know that I wanted to implement pets in the game a while ago, and some of you also know that there were talks about possibly implementing a shape shifting skill/ability.

Today I came up with a better idea: Combine them both into one single skill.

This is how it will work:

1. Summoners will make shape shifting tokens (starting level 60 or so summoning). Possibly an NPC will also sell them at a higher cost.

2. After you make/buy your shape shfting tokens, you click on them and you transform into an animal. The higher the skill, the less chance to fail. If you fail, you lose the token. Various tokens will require higher shapeshifting skill.

3. Each creature available for shapeshifting into will have some bonuses and penalties. For example, a mule will increase your EMU but greatly reduce the a/d. A woodsprite will make you almost invisible, but reduce a/d. I didn't think about the exact effects, so don't act like a cow and go like "omfg, ruin the game pk dead already omfg quit the game economy dead".

4. While polymorphed, you will lose the ability to do some stuff, such as harvesting, manufacturing, ranging, etc.

5. The polymorphed state will last for something like 2 minutes plus 10seconds*skill/10. (the exact numbers TBD). Alternatively, you will need to eat some special food to stay in that polymorphed state.

6. Each polymorphed creature you can transform into wil have a separate exp range than your main character. The more exp for each creature type, the better you can play that creature (more bonuses, less penalties).

7. While polymorphed, you will not gain any EXP except for the EXP towards that polymorphed creature. Some creatures will only be able to gain exp from one activity (like magic creatures only magic exp, combat creatures only a/d exp, and so on).

So, what do you think about this idea?

Personally I like it because it will prevent the overcrowding of the game (this way, you won't have 20 people and their mule at the storage).

Sounds almost perfect actually. The only thing I can really comment on is how short the state will last, but I can't really call it short yet as the stones don't have a player made price yet.

Can't wait to try it out.

I love this idea and can't wait to become a mule :) can bags be picked up when I transmogrify?

"omfg, ruin the game pk dead already omfg quit the game economy dead"

Bur seriously. As long as I can be a phoenix, yay! And if the mule creature can't harvest, I'll be angry.

I like it, might need to spend more pp's on vitality now. :) I'm sure Tirun will write a book about the possiblities.

I saw this comming becuase you were wandering around as hobs dragons and such :)

Kool i cant wait to shape shift

That is very nicely thought of you, i dont have any complains and im very happy about this solution.

I dont have complains but a question.

So i did read right that summoners will be able to make them, and you also need a specific summoning skill to use these token?

(just asking so i may prepare leveling summoning a bit :))

Awsome!!! I cant wait^^ One question: Would this mean that the shape shifting temple in Melinis might be opening to play a part in the tokens fail/success?

Edited by Artemis

Sounds cool, should be very interesting as it evolves.

Edited by toban

I think its Tight, will be cool to be able to shapeshift into other things making the game more diverse and interesting.

What if you can shift into a certain strong monster, say a yeti and have the yeti's p.c and getting all of it perks but keeping your reg a.d, or say you shapeshift into a giant but not being able to restore since giant is so strong, then once you get to the last hp of your shapeshift formed you turn back into your regular selft with full hp (for fighting)

And i also think they higher your summon level the longer you can hold your shapeshifted formed or so

Edited by Kramxel

I love this idea :)

A pattern I've seen though is every new feature to the game is centered on higher leveled, or richer players. While you are right to do so with this idea to prevent over crowding, I'd love to see some lower-level (Maybe between 20-40) features implemented along with this.

But- Would mules lose the ability to harvest?

I like the idea, but I think the time as polymorph needs to be adjusted to each creature. I couldn't see someone morphing into a mule every time they went to a bag. A trip from mm to storage and back would take about 2 mins, I would think. I guess it would also depend on the bonuses the morph gave you.

Overall, I love the idea. I myself and going to stick to a brownie, if you include it. (Brownies for Males, Wood Spirit for Females?)

Or be a lil leprechaun.

:)

That is very nicely thought of you, i dont have any complains and im very happy about this solution.

So i did read right that summoners will be able to make them, and you also need a specific summoning skill to use these token?

Summoning for making them, shape shifting for using them.

I like the idea, but I think the time as polymorph needs to be adjusted to each creature. I couldn't see someone morphing into a mule every time they went to a bag. A trip from mm to storage and back would take about 2 mins, I would think. I guess it would also depend on the bonuses the morph gave you.

Overall, I love the idea. I myself and going to stick to a brownie, if you include it. (Brownies for Males, Wood Spirit for Females?)

Or be a lil leprechaun.

Well, you can always polymorph into it again, so not a big deal. But yes, probably the time will be creature and skill based + some random factor.

Sounds very interesting and fun! Can't wait to try it out. :) Guess it is time to get my summoning up there!

One other thing: Mules will NOT be able to harvest. What you will have to do is put the stuff in a bag, fill your inventory, then polymorph to a mule, and get the stuff from the bag.

Summoning for making them, shape shifting for using them.

Or be a lil leprechaun.

Well, you can always polymorph into it again, so not a big deal. But yes, probably the time will be creature and skill based + some random factor.

I guess it all comes down to price. If there is a chance to fail, dependent on the level, I wouldn't use a stone unless it payed off in a certain way. (Other then looking kick-ass)

Edited by Hannibal

for those who say the time is short: wasn't there said that eating exact food will longer the transformation?

Great idea,am really longing to try it :)

if you use the token, and turn into animal, and after the 2 (?) minutes, your time is up, does the token automatically disappear, or can you use it again, with the chance of failing, so losing, it?