Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ozmondius

New Break Rate

Yes a lot more break, yesterday my brother broke col and some steel cuisses in 30 mins

today i trained a bit, broke steel plate,1x med, 3x steel shields (i was using triple, sometimes 4x chims) but eventhough... 95% hits were blocked :whistle: so breakrate high (i trained 3 hours 45 broke the plate in the last 15 mins was pissed, heavynoobgay broke it afterwards >.>) u want a better gc sink ent ? increase break rate, but also increase repair rate (ppl will hate me xD)

~TK.

or gimmie brod.

I get u 2 mill gc everyday out if u stop decreasing everything >.<

Or buy that brod and then we have another 230k out of the game :)

no i alrdy got 1 ;p

i just want another free 1 so i dont worry about breaking it while helping with the economy ^^ 230k for 2 mill is fair ;p

has anybody taken into account the amount of EFEs going to be needed to replace such items that are breaking way faster than usual?

EFEs are so rare and hard to come by now, with the ever decreasing amount of armour for sale, now that things are breaking alot faster, replacing items is going to be that much harder.....

Better for us manu guys, actually might cause prices to inflate due to demand, and not much selection....

I think that this changes of breaking items, won't increase numbers of damaged expensive armor,

because more people will be train in aug set without COL.

Nobody won't be risk expensive stuff when even accidental rabbit may damage armor.

PS. sorry for my english, but i hope that you understand what i can say ;)high pricehigh price

has anybody taken into account the amount of EFEs going to be needed to replace such items that are breaking way faster than usual?

EFEs are so rare and hard to come by now, with the ever decreasing amount of armour for sale, now that things are breaking alot faster, replacing items is going to be that much harder.....

Better for us manu guys, actually might cause prices to inflate due to demand, and not much selection....

Think anyone is gonna keep training in armor which requires efe's with this new "fixed bug"?

@ misery : u don t need that many pps to make aug armors :whistle:

-----

i have already degraded my CoL, steel cuisses and greaves :/

maybe we can stop a/d training and harv lupins :)

I haven't experienced this myself but one of my guildies, piti, shared with us with this screenie (he said it happened in a very short timespan). I always knew armed orcs hit hard, but that was a surprise >.<

el.PNG

Think anyone is gonna keep training in armor which requires efe's with this new "fixed bug"?

Also a consideration is the new items that require eme's etc, the enriched essies are so rare and with items breakin so easily, people are not prepared to pay the price for the ingredients for the items to break so quick :(

Well, training on 3 spawns at once will dramatically increase the chance to break items, of course.

But like I said, I am willing to consider decreasing the break chance a little, once I get some more data (the last two days a lot of things broke, but that's normal, it was weekend, so more players).

Here's an interesting way to think of it:

People complain Yeti trainers make too much gc from drops.

Yeti trainers justify that they require higher gc drops due to increased armor breakage.

(In the past) Yeti trainers break more armor than everyone else because they never absorb all non-crit damage.

So now, a fluffy trainer who can block 85% of fluffy hits and a yeti trainer who can block 85% of yeti hits are going to break the same amount of gear... but the yeti trainer will get a lot more gc from drops.

Hardly seems fair.

fedora just came back from her 30 minutes training and broke steelgreaves.

yesterday she broke col

ent, once the people stop fighting you can forget ur bricks.

Edited by Tempest

Just my 2 cents worth here.

I believe increasing the break rate will have the opposite effect of moving items out of the game. I never train in anything higher than steel chain and leave my higher end armor in sto for 'No grief' days. I think I will keep up this practice and i believe more people will also do this with a higher break rate. But if there is an ulterior motive to this (maybe trying to correct for shortage of efe's and increasing rarity of high end armor) maybe it will work. But i think there will be a lot of armor and weapons gathering dust in sto.

PS. I will gladly make armor and weapons for all of EL and i truly hope they break quickly. I strive for 0% customer satisfaction

Well, training on 3 spawns at once will dramatically increase the chance to break items, of course.

But like I said, I am willing to consider decreasing the break chance a little, once I get some more data (the last two days a lot of things broke, but that's normal, it was weekend, so more players).

I agree with you on this radu, though please consider as you are looking through logs, 3 or 4 people I have spoke to have decided not to train at all untill there has been claification on this thread. I would imagine there are many more that have stop trainning waiting paiently for the data to come in. This may not give you acurate results. Though that being said, I truely have no idea on what information you see. Just a concern I share with others on this issue.

I've noticed the breakage rate go up a bit too... Not like I train in expensive gear, but it's difficult to replace it every 5-10 fights with a limited gold inflow.

@Jowwow: Actually, buying between players doesn't get any money out of the game. It merely changes hands. These are some ways I can think of to get money out of the game:

• Bags with gold in them poof
  • People buying from NPCs.

@Phrank: That's not really a valid option for the people who train above Fluffy. Nor is it for high levelled PvPers.

@Tempest: Couldn't agree more, once this rate really sinks in, people will have a dramatically less incentive to go PKing (as if it weren't expensive enough now -- or from what I've read anyway), this sort of has the reverse affect (people, in my opinion, won't use rostogols for augs/ti serp/etc). Won't that make the economy kind of stagnant? As less money will be flowing...?

Personally, I won't be fighting with my CoL until I either have insanely good astrology (not likely to happen), or no grief day with a rostogol (even less likely, as I don't have gold for rostogol :) ).

Fighting yields more expierence admittedly, but where does that get you? Higher monsters which hit harder and force you to use more resources. The gold increases slightly, but is hardly sufficient to even cover a fraction of the cost for SRs/HEs/other stuff, now armours (sometimes expensive) have to be covered under that minimal level of gold too? :/ :(

Edited by Aphistolas

obvisoulsy lots of people have already broken alot of expensive armour, and yes i still see people training in steel plate, i wont stop....

i never said you had to be a high lvl manuer to make augmented leather items, or anything like that.

i was making a point about the Rareness of the components for the armour. how Radu at one time wanted more Enriched items out of the game, for example the EFEs. now they are Way harder to find, and have become costly to buy, making it just that much harder to replace broken items. Even in a post awhile ago, radu had set the EFE rate to ZERO, unless using an enrichment stone... just think how hard it would be to replace all that broken armour with no enriched ess's around....

The thing is making money in el and getting stuff is mostly hard piece of bread - its very similiar to RL so we care about that items we spent hours to get. And el takes a lot of time and its an alternative to that sucky rl we should not be ashame to admit it (im not ashame ;p). So we feel very bad when the items are taken away from us :(. Things in rl eventually break down too and u have to buy new ones. There are also other things here like best ways to get money are being cut - tiger stones getting cheaper yetis no more easy to kill with attr cap etc. I'm not really motivated to train or whatever anymore since i broke a col on feros in few minutes and i read the update thread. Yetis were my goal when i started current char and they are still far far away in the horizon. I could train feros for few hours and then kill tigers for some time for new stuff or go to pk eventually meet Toomass and then another hour or so hunting. maybe i should do it for next 10 years and be another fearsome allkiller? Don't really know what to do about it.

Anyway i was gonna write that when ur armor takes damage it should have a chance to break even if u get no damage. Metal is metal and if u hit it even light but many many times it will eventually break. So if we would think about realism we could get to the point what we try to figure out how strong metal is. If iron is quite breaky steel is much much better so titanium should rock and dragon scales almost unbreakable.

Some time ago when engineering was going to be introduced i heard some words that it will let u repair equipment. So what if we could use those overnumbered enriched essies for equipment repair? Could that be done?

i have started breaking things now, i have carried on training and it seems to be very quiet in melinis ogre spawn, nearly always get a space and often all to myself, the concern that people will just stop training if nothing is changed is a very real one, i think there must be a way to stop this 'exploit' without ruining the game for the average trainer.

Well, I kind of wanted to change the rates a little, but after hearing people saying: "Omfg, I won't train anymore and no one will train anymore", I am thinking to leave things as they are, and watch a totally new top 50 a/d soon.

Why not just change this 0 damage thingy only when fighting another person and not a creature? Imo that would be the best solution.

Umm, because before it was virtually impossible to break armors while training on monsters that did no damage due to the armor?

Well, I kind of wanted to change the rates a little, but after hearing people saying: "Omfg, I won't train anymore and no one will train anymore", I am thinking to leave things as they are, and watch a totally new top 50 a/d soon.

That doesnt sound like surprise to anyone I think. Thats the same thing you always say, when some people say they dont like something. (with good reasons)

Edited by Manderijn

I don't think it's purely due to the increased breakages though. The drop rates have been reduced, and either rare drops are virtually non-existent, or they've been removed entirely. I guess the pros of training AD were: good flow of exp & small (but enough to make it alluring) chance of finding something valuable. Now, there are more cons than gains.

That doesnt sound like surprise to anyone I think. Thats the same thing you always say, when some people say they dont like something. (with good reasons)

No, that's the thing I usually say when people keep bitching AFTER I tell them that I am aware of their complaints and I will work at a solution.

I am thinking to leave things as they are, and watch a totally new top 50 a/d soon.

I think thats a great idea, would make game more alive, i suppouse it means all characters a/d reset or all characters skills reset, anyways im all for it, as a current top1 def player and former top1 oa player( 1st on lvls 140-148 ;p ).

Besides, first 140 lvls r crazy easeh anyways :devlish:

It would also make pk more alive and balanced so even more reasons for it :)

*hopes to not ged badly flamed by peacefull harvesters now*

<quick edit to not double-post>

I guess the pros of training AD were: good flow of exp & small (but enough to make it alluring) chance of finding something valuable. Now, there are more cons than gains.

For me the most important thing was to be strong on pk, thats the main reason to train a/d, no? :)

mp

Edited by masterpiter

umm,

I broke today arround 10 augmented leather sets and 2 steel long going for skellies .... this break rate means back to creatures one can fight without any armor ....

You really don't want the chance to be proportional with the damage :)

Sorry, maybe it is the unordinate amount of feroses i'm killing all the day, but i dont get why this would be bad.

I posted the suggestion because, if before the breakage was virtually impossible now it seems a little too much.

I meant this:

- calculate the feros chance to hit me, if it cant i dodge and get my def xp

- if hit scored, it will deal a blow for a potential damage of x (given by its might or whatever)

- subtract from x a percentage of my toughness (since it helps the armor in stopping the damage) ---> y

- y is damage to be absorbed by the armor and the one used to determine breakage. A yeti/cockatrice/dragon will break more than a feros and less than an ogre which is something wanted i guess (pointed out before by Korrode too)

- subtract armor absorbed damage from y. If less than 0 I get def xp, else damage.

This said, i wait for your statistics (obviously keep training :devlish: )