• A magic sword
    • A magic shield
    • A cloak
    • A hood
    • A mask
    • An unique power (e.g. deadly fart)
    • Lethal smile
    • Other, post below what it is ;)

Recently I've been watching a lot of fantasy movies and anime as well as reading fantasy books. It made me wonder what is an ultimate attribute of a hero.

During my research I've decided that a true hero cannot live without a cloak. What's your opinion?

Edited by Kheres

Hero characters usually have a weak spot which the ebil character tends to discover and start to threaten the hero with :confused: I think that's an attribute of a hero character.

Cloaks aren't really attributes which seperate hero characters from the other characters in my opinion, but heroes look better with them than the others do, heheh..

imo. the unique power is what makes a true hero stand out. deadly farts are pretty ebul :w00t:

Yeah, the eye candy for that might look pretty funny :D

One more vote for the cloak from me :confused:

Piper

I voted for lethal smile. Partly because the option was there but also because it kind of represents the one attribute of a true Hero...

personality

...a Hero is a hero because he thinks differently to most. Maybe he/she has a determination, extreme courage (or lack of sense), a heart of vengence (or some other insane purpose).

I also agree with Sis that a true hero will have a flaw, most likely related to the very reason he/she is a hero. A hero strives to do good despite their weakness, which the arch-enemy digs at to, perhaps to excersize their jealousy, in the hope others will stop idolising them. Perhaps one could say "what drives us is our weakness" bu... *rambles, trails off, wakes up and refocuses* Erm yea so...

Determination is always a nice attribute in a hero, something that can inspire us as observers. And is made known to us when the hero meets their weakness and comes back with a smile. Lethal to an enemies wicked esteem. :confused:

I hung my chad on Other. Having hard time defining 'attribute' and the poll heading says "The item a true hero just cannot live with" as opposed to "live without".... sorry for being picky, but I do get the idea! :)

I would think a True Hero would need to rely on 'Diplomacy', it's not a familiar gaming attribute, skill, or feature... but should be!! After all, a True Hero needs to end wars single-handedly and cause as few deaths as possible. A True Hero needs to diffuse volatile situations before they ignite! A True Hero needs to calm the populace and bring order to the community!! Of course Charm and Intelligence might make up for it.....

If you're talking items, however, I would suggest a powerful potion created from 3 cans spinach, 6 cans beans! :P;)

Well, if you're talking an actual item... I'd have to go with cloak.

However, an attribute of a true here is very different from any item I'd think. As roja stated, love. Very important for a hero. Also, a sense of purpose, a great achievement, a personality you can believe and relate to, yet they still have that aura of greatness around them. Those are the things every hero needs in my opinion. But.... if we're talking simple items, then no hero is complete without a cloak. It gives them that majestic heroish look :)

Recently I've been watching a lot of fantasy movies and anime as well as reading fantasy books. It made me wonder what is an ultimate attribute of a hero.

During my research I've decided that a true hero cannot live without a cloak. What's your opinion?

If you watch a lot of fantasy and anime you would know that the only thing a hero needs is themselves and their beliefs.

An unhappy childhood, or an unknown past, and a certain sense of stupidity.

"Mine is a long and a sad tale!" said the Mouse, turning to Alice, and sighing.

"It IS a long tail, certainly," said Alice, looking down with wonder at the Mouse's tail; "but why do you call it sad?"

If you watch a lot of fantasy and anime you would know that the only thing a hero needs is themselves and their beliefs.

:D Keep treating everything so serious and you will end smashed by a hero in cape and deadly farts as an unique power :P

hung my chad on Other. Having hard time defining 'attribute' and the poll heading says "The item a true hero just cannot live with" as opposed to "live without".... sorry for being picky, but I do get the idea!

I have no idea what you are talking about :P :P :P

Edited by Kheres

I have no idea what you are talking about :D:P :P

A rogueish twinkle in the eye, and a smiley with tongue hanging out..... :P

Roja, you make a grand point! All us He-Manly Heroes quiver and quake in our flip-flops without our True Love!

Edited by Mugwump

Good intentions, and the will to act on them.

well, thats easy..an honest heart ofcourse.. ^^ How would and could he have a true Love if he didnt, right Roja?

Jez

A true hero wears thier underwear on the outside of thier pants because , well, whose going to argue with them about that ?

Some more things...

:D A good listener

A true hero needs to know when he/she is needed.

:P A catchphrase

A true hero needs a witty catchphrase, something people can make a joke of sometimes too.

:icon13: A sense of humour

No funny bone? That's a villain :P Villains only laugh at other's misery.

:icon13: A sidekick

If not a sidekick then a romantic interest :P

...wow I have no more ramble left in me :o:)

The problem with true love and heroes is:

1.) They get killed too soon to make him a hero, or, at least bring up a good story line

2.) They tend to become evil and turn out to be his most ebul enemy

So i just stick on the cape for a true hero :D

Piper

cloak ftw? i can put on a cloak and be a true hero? :P

You didnt got it. You cant just wear a fur cloak and are a hero (well, you can try it, of course on your own risk..)

But when you are a hero, you need a cool cloak just to prove it :D

Piper

So, what do they do?

Have a skill like fire farting to prove that they are a hero?

They should better see a doctor to solve their health problems :D

(Still votes for the cloak :P )

Piper