Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Method of redistributing some attributes and nexuses

title  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do we agree with this idea?

• Yes, sounds cool and is fair for everyone.
    • No, the evil rich IRL people will find a way around it.
    • Whatever, I don't care one bit.

I just wonder if things were so cool , so ok with the "massive exp def feature" i wonder why our god decreased it by 80 % :confused: Of course it was not ok.

If was ok it would have stayed like before and now we all could abuse it, simple as that.

well, it was actually reduced by 78%.

But yeah, with the huge amount of lowered exp, the strategy no longer is effective.

and keeping them rare, dont know if its economicaly viable but if only a limited supply where available per month from the EL shop would help and stop the game becoming over run
I agree with this, max of 20 per month or so would not be a bad idea

I just wonder if things were so cool , so ok with the "massive exp def feature" i wonder why our god decreased it by 80 % :confused: Of course it was not ok.

Maybe it was a way to balance the pk? Because one side knew about a technique that was largely ignored by the other? Well, since our G0d don't explained why he did, we can just guess.

If Teh G0d's goal was to make the environment more balanced, its a good thing. I mean, i remember we gone in with 6 people against 20 (and in those 20 including people like szatanserduszko, luciferx, mufossa, and others among of the best players) and we usually won at the end of those battles.

If we had more time to gain more exp than all the other people who are desperate trying to bring us down, the pk maps would be really boring. :P

Edited by Lorck

Love the idea, but I thought of a little tweak...so its not just the fighters and harvesters who get all the fun :confused:

Like enriched objects, what if all skills (with the exception of magic) had a small chance of getting these objects.

Like no matter what potion you make...you have the small chance of getting "Potion of Animal Nexus Removal"

No matter which essence you make... "Essence of Reasoning Removal"

No matter which summon stone you make... "Stone of Vitality Removal"

No matter which ring/medallion you make... "Ring/Medallion of Human Nexus Removal"

No matter which sword/armor/shield you make... "Sword/Armor/Shield of Magic Nexus Removal".

Edited by Acelon

interesting idea acelon, but wouldnt this require too many alot of new items and alot of programing for all the new items. IMO that makes it sound a little to overworked, altho i really do like that idea and would love it to get impimented that way.

*hydro bar of coord removal* :confused:

Edit: also there are some that will be less likely to sell like p/c stones, so if it was to take the place of a tit plate it could iritate some people if they didnt get what they wanted and they couldnt sell them...altho it would be worth more IF they were able to sell it.

Edited by Happy_G

interesting idea acelon, but wouldnt this require too many alot of new items and alot of programing for all the new items. IMO that makes it sound a little to overworked, altho i really do like that idea and would love it to get impimented that way.

*hydro bar of coord removal* :confused:

also there are some that will be less likely to sell like p/c stones, so if it was to take the place of a tit plate it could iritate some people if they didnt get what they wanted and they couldnt sell them...altho it would be worth more IF they were able to sell it.

I'm talking more of a generic item. It wouldn't be "HYDRO BAR OF COOLDOWN" or "TITANIUM SERP OF HUMAN NEXUS REMOVAL"..I actually did mean "SWORD OF HUMAN NEXUS REMOVAL". That's not a lot of items.

ok, makes more sense now thanks for that clarification. i do like the idea over all. (until i was stuck with one that wouldnt sell of course) im sure someone will want one sometime

If Teh G0d's goal was to make the environment more balanced, its a good thing. I mean, i remember we gone in with 6 people against 20 (and in those 20 including people like szatanserduszko, luciferx, mufossa, and others among of the best players) and we usually won at the end of those battles.

I have to disagree here with you, because my counters *kills* and *deaths* say something different. But since this topic is about "Method of redistributing..." try to catch me online if you wish to talk more about it.

From what I see results of this poll are pro new idea, so many people would be happy if this feature was implemented :confused: There wasn't born a man who could satisfy everyone, but since most voices are "yes" I think that many people keep their fingers crossed.

If was ok it would have stayed like before and now we all could abuse it, simple as that.

well, it was actually reduced by 78%.

But yeah, with the huge amount of lowered exp, the strategy no longer is effective.

Actually, it has been reduced to 40% (so a 60% decrease) of what it was.

The reason is obvious, to fix a design flaw of mine. Initially I thought that a decrease by 40% would be enough, but it turned out not the be.

And I think that even now you can make more exp using this method than normal PVP, but it's more expensive.

Maybe it was a way to balance the pk? Because one side knew about a technique that was largely ignored by the other? Well, since our G0d don't explained why he did, we can just guess.

If we had more time to gain more exp than all the other people who are desperate trying to bring us down, the pk maps would be really boring. :P

Great idea dorck ,why dont we just have entropy give u a 20% stats Increase and save you the time so pk can be ballanced...r u serious? ok i will exclude my self BUT people like masterpiter ,asgnny,and badude have been playing for many years WORKING extrememly hard on their characters , and you think that it is ok for you to exploit a design flaw and surpass their work which took years in months? if the ball was on the other side of the field mabye you would understand me, but you have been know to have a one track mind so i wont even reply to any further posts ...and u didnt walk in 6 on 20 and win ...

Edited by mufossa

Mufossa, there is this saying: "If you live in a glass box, don't throw stones around". Your leveling was not 100% clean either, right?

Anyway, no more flames or we get banned from the forums, ok?

Mufossa, there is this saying: "If you live in a glass box, don't throw stones around". Your leveling was not 100% clean either, right?

Anyway, no more flames or we get banned from the forums, ok?

wtf???? I NEVER CHEATED FOR EVEN ONE LEVEL..and youre game or not, thats fucked up to say , WITHOUT PROOF....AND YES IT WAS 100% CLEAN...W/E U ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING BAN ME FROM THE FORUMS FOR LIFE .....BUT DONT SAY I CHEATED WHEN I DIDINT

Edited by mufossa

wtf???? I NEVER CHEATED FOR EVEN ONE LEVEL..and youre game or not, thats fucked up to say , WITHOUT PROOF....AND YES IT WAS 100% CLEAN...W/E U ACCUSE ME OF CHEATING BAN ME FROM THE FORUMS FOR LIFE .....BUT DONT SAY I CHEATED WHEN I DIDINT

Ok, Mr. Mufossa is suspended from the forums for 10 days for continuing to flame.

I didn't say you cheated, but neither did they. I just said that your exp is not 100% clean. For starters, you bought your character. And some other things, which I think I should disclose here since you play innocent like that, instead of stay quiet. Again, not cheating per se, jut not 100% clean exp, at least not by judging with the exigent standards you use to judge others.

Guest ohmygod

I think there are very few high lvl players left who have leveled thier characters 100% on thier own. Gratz to those that have. I can name a few who have posted here who have had more than 1 person train the character at some point.

When achieving these high lvls, typing #reset x 2 is a hard thing to do. Many recent changes in game make it hard to plan for an "ideal setup". for example archery and Charm is soon to be introduced. these will have an effect on those that have already invested hard earned PP in nex, or atributes and at the moment they are stuck with decisions they made before the changes.

I have reset from 130+ oa to take advantage of these new implemented features. I am being owned regulary by my enemies now. It is payback time for them i guess. If they continue to lvl harder then me i will never again catch up with them. hmm wait maybe i become pro harvester instead and mine hydro, then can own all with oa 16 :confused:.

But jokes aside, think ok to have something available so people have oprtunity to adapt their character setup to the new changes in game without having to do #reset command. Just unsure about the free way to get extra PPs/atributes from hydro nex.

I thought the hydro bar for nexus thingy was because people needed nexuses, but they were too high OA to reset, and it would have taken them a long time to make the exp for it.

If you are adding THIS system, where people can Reallocate their PPs, I think you should remove the hydro bar for nexus feature.

People can just get the nexuses / attributes with hard earned EXP like everyone else rather then just ruining the whole game.

Entropy, you could make it easy on yourself.

One stone instead of many.....

Stone of Free Fate - unspend any one pickpoint

what is the big deal about them maybe being sold in the shop either now or later? its not unfair for peeps to buy stuff from the shop and play them ingame....do you also think it unfair that some people can afford a ferrari (or whatever) when i/you cannot? :hehe:

I totally agree, I have no problem with items being sold in EL shop. I simply didn't appreciate the statment made by a certain other player. Whichever way this idea is implemented I believe it'll be a good feature. Although I do think that so far Acelon's idea for enriched items would fit in best with the rest of the game :)

Heh. I think I just figured out why he wants multiple stones. Probably to adjust the rate at which the individual stones are found. Some people tend to abuse resets by switching between Mr Muscles and Mr BookWorms. He might be afraid that they would do the same thing with his stones.

I dont like the idea because with 50 hydro bars you can buy nexus which you can later remove to get free pickpoint.
I'd hardly call it free. The 50 bars are around 600k or so, the stones, depending on how rare, could be around 200k (if they have a drop rate similar to NMT, plus these will have a higher demand because each person would want more than 1)

So for like 800k you can get a pp, yes. omg, ppl with unlmited money IRL will spend 400$ per pp to take over game, this is not fair

Think about it, someone could spend 4 mil USD, get 10, 000 "free PP" (for the bargain price of $4 million...)and own the pk maps... and we would all wind up with a much better game because of the amount of money Entropy has to spend... Anyway I voted yes, and if Entropy ever wants to put them in the store good for him, I wouldn't mind a bit, I understand that you people want the game to be fair, but remember continued development depends on continued revenue from the game.

--Duck2

it sounds great! i have so many nexuses i dont want that are just a waist of pp's to me lol (hope i can afford them lol)

Excellent idea, and I like the part about different stones for different attributes, its more interesting than one generic stone, and matched sets will demand a premium.

Good idea :confused: Why not just have one universal stone? Seems a bit weird having one for each attribute/nexus you might want to remove.

It's a great idea, it would be easier with one universal stone but on the other hand if we have 1 stone each the prices on them would be diffrent depending on what it removes.

What would you pay more gc for to get removed... Can be interesting to see what nexxies/attributes ppl want to pay large sums of gc to get rid of :confused:

Good idea :confused: Why not just have one universal stone? Seems a bit weird having one for each attribute/nexus you might want to remove.

The same way as you have only on shirt and one car type?

Good idea :w00t: Why not just have one universal stone? Seems a bit weird having one for each attribute/nexus you might want to remove.

The same way as you have only on shirt and one car type?

Oh my god!!! Are you implying you can have more than one???

No way! You must be kidding me!!one!!

On a side note: voted yes, nice idea :confused: