Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elf_Ninja

Game change announcements on @6

Hey i had a question or comment or note to throw out there, I was wondering why several things in the last 6 months or so have been only announced on channel 6 and not posted in the Game Update section of the forum.

I would consider myself a fairly active player as i generally play 5-7 days a week and participate in many different aspects of the game but I do not have channel 6 open as for me most of the time is useless spam and flaming (perhaps this has changed but every time i open it this seems to be the case.)

As a crafter in retirement(i'm working on a different skill atm) I was surprised today to find out that harvest meds and such now require turquoise. I generally keep my eye on the game update page and hadn't seen this mentioned and was informed in-game that players were informed via channel 6. This also happened with the release of SRM and MM rings if i recall.

So my main question is this: Is there a reason that these changes are announced on a channel that while many frequent not all players have open versus a official forum post that everyone has access to?

Thanks ~Elf

I would like that too... although in my case I can rely on guildies to keep me informed.

So my main question is this: Is there a reason that these changes are announced on a channel that while many frequent not all players have open versus a official forum post that everyone has access to?

I always thought that the official EL forum was the only real source of information about the game...

i never go to channel 6 so would be good to hear about updates on forum, had no idea summoning stones changed till i was told from a friend

Never go to channel 6.

Because I use to play early European mornings are very few active, can be up to an hour without anything on trade or local chat in storages.

So I think channel 6 would be the same.

Radu has been doing many late night updates and sometimes he does not find it needed to announce... Also some updates he wants people to find out about on there own... Not sure why those ones you mentioned were not put in the forums but I'm sure he had a reason and it was not to upset anyone

I suspect Radu simply overlooked putting this one in the updates. After all, it technically is a bug fix, not a change. Those formulas were supposed to need turquoise but due to an error in the manu formulas they didn't need them.

Seems they are more breakable now... at least I have been breaking a crapload recently :/ Seems unjust for the additional items needed now.

I am harvesting mineral/ores though, and usually I don't get many events, I broke one harv med when I only had 3 events in one hour, kid you not. They used to not break this way (for me) and now I am pretty much breaking 1 every 3k-5k harvested... that's not even letting me break even...

And the mini events are on the verge of taking my sanity away.

Well, normality is catching up with my character then :D

I harvested 5k Iron today with no harv med, it wasn't so bad, but I was mine mixing Steel Bars, I figure if I go to harvest coal and mule it to storage w/o med, it will be brutal.

This is not true at all. All the changes are announced on the news forum. The one thing you mention was an accident (fixed some bugs that I forgot about), and the manufacture file is now on the website, so everyone can look at the new formulas.

Where do I find this website ?

I tried to find the link here on this forum and it might be here, but where ?

If I google it is this what I get http://www.eternal-lands.com/

I dont find it here.

I use CEL or EL-Wiki but it can take some time before thay are updated.

Maybe the manu - website should be easier to find.

(Had the link years and computers ago, thought it didnt exist more)

Where do I find this website ?

I tried to find the link here on this forum and it might be here, but where ?

If I google it is this what I get http://www.eternal-lands.com/

I dont find it here.

here it is :)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/manufacture.htm

need to use the site-search funktion of your browser to find items

Actually, the Wiki is usually updated almost immediately after changes occur (euro mornings) and CEL soon after. If the info on these websites is not up to date, it is because the information has not been released (e.g. a new quest that hasn't been completed yet so reward is unknown, or a new creature or item with undisclosed stats). In this case the change in the recipe was noticed by players and radu answered questions about that, which found its way into these websites before the manu page was updated.

To my knowledge radu always announces changes on the forum, unless it is a restart for a simple bugfix.

In response to the last update, I think it would be beneficial if updates were announced a few days in advance, especially with currently mixable items being made cheaper. Some very ambitious people scammed bots for ~500k mixing halberds the night after the update.

In response to the last update, I think it would be beneficial if updates were announced a few days in advance, especially with currently mixable items being made cheaper. Some very ambitious people scammed bots for ~500k mixing halberds the night after the update.

You can't save all of the bots from people taking advantage of a good price. Some people will not update their bots very often. Announcing things ahead of time, would help some bot owners, but might make things worse for others. I suppose this is part of the price we pay for having bots.

Yeah and I love taking advantage of other people's bots when they mess up the market on higher price items... It works for there advantage sometimes and it works agents them sometimes

Announcing things ahead of time will create other issues, such as people that made halberds not being able to sell them at the normal price, because everyone would wait for the update to buy them cheaper.