You're at the official homepage of Eternal Lands,
a FREE 3D fantasy online role playing game.
So why play Eternal Lands, when there are so many free MMORPGs out there? Well, there are many reasons why, but here are a few:
- Friendly community. Most of the people here are friendly, and they will try to help you if they can. Quite a few will offer to return lost items, and many will answer your questions. If not AFK, many will respond to your greetings.
- There are 12 skills in the game: Attack, Defense, Harvest, Alchemy, Magic, Potion, Summoning, Manufacturing, Crafting, Engineering, Tailoring and Ranging.
- Here you won't have to compete with Chinese farming bots. Our farming bots are from all over the world, not only China. Just kidding.
- There are no fixed class restrictions, so you can develop your character in any way you wish. You, as a player, determine exactly how you develop your character. If you make mistakes, or decide to change or adjust your build, you can do so.
- There are many quests, ranging from "Kill 10 rats" to "Kill 20 rats". Oh, and we also have quests where you must look for clues, carefully read NPC stories, and use your brain.
- Speaking of quests, we have daily quests as well, mostly with multiple objectives that are level adjusted. So you won't get bored too soon.
- Eternal Lands is not just about combat. In fact, many players barely touch the combat part and, instead, focus on more peaceful activities such as collecting resources, creating items, summoning monsters and so on. But if you like combat, there is plenty of it as well, both PvP and PvE.
- The game client is relatively small, the download being only 50MB. That's under a minute on a cable modem, and a few minutes on a DSL connection.
- Eternal Lands is a multiplatform game, running on Windows, Linux and OSX (Mac). The client is open source.
- Some free MMORPGS have hidden costs. They require you to pay money to unlock areas, or buy items or features that are necessary to enjoy the game. While we do sell items and services for $$$, most players do not buy anything, and there are quite a few top level players who never purchased anything from our store.
Having trouble thinking of a name for your character? Then try one of these great fantasy name generators:
Things to do:
Fighting: You can fight monsters and other players, hunt animals, or join with a group of friends and take them on together!
Harvest & Manufacture: Mine ores that you turn into bars of iron, steel, titanium and make various armor and weapons. Or pick flowers and herbs that you mix together to create potions or magical essences.
Summoning & Magic: Summon an animal or monster to follow and fight for you! Or Become a Mage and cast deadly spells on opponents, or heal your companions.
Roleplay with friends! There's always someone new to talk to, global or private channels, guilds to join, places to explore, all with an easy to use chat interface.
Eternal Lands has no fixed classes or professions, so you can always do new things and develop new skills without having to create a new character!
Eternal Lands first went online in February of 2003. At that time all you could do was sit down and walk around exploring maps. It wasn't until about 6 months later that fighting and some more skills were implemented. Since then the project has grown a lot and has been lucky enough to find some great volunteers to help us out in many areas. MMORPG's are never truly complete, so there will always be new things added for as long as the game is online! The game will always be free to play.
If you have any questions, please visit the Forums page, and post your questions in the appropriate category.
If you want to start playing, just go to the Download page, and follow the instructions. The download is about 50 MB, which is relatively small, even for the Dial Up people.