Eternal Lands Official Forums
Crom

Trade button in view stats

Ok I did a search and found nothing regarding this if it was then my apologies.

My suggestion is to add a button in the view stats so you can see with who and what you traded that way you can confirm weather or not you recieved everything you were suppose to. This could be added in the counters section.

Let me know what you all think!

tHANKS

Thanks to clever botcoders out there, some if not all Bots already have the ability to record trade information in this fashion, (which is then accessed via web-browser) is it that big a leap to do the same for players too, but ingame? :lipssealed:

...so you can see with who and what you traded that way you can confirm weather or not you recieved everything you were suppose to..."

With the current double accept mechanism, how do you not get what you were expecting? It would be possible to log, client side, what was sent/received (and we even have the item ids now to make that consistent). However, such logs could be fabricated and so would not stand up in court so to speak. The only use I can think of would be for your own enjoyment, rather like to counters. That's fine but have I missed something obvious?

That's fine but have I missed something obvious?

In my earlier suggestion for a feature like this (linked above) my intent was simply to have a "written" record in chat of what trades you've done. Not so much as proof (text files can be edited) but as a record so you can look back and remind your self of trades made, when, for what, etc. If someone asks "do you remember when I traded you for..." you would have a way to look it up and say "as a matter of fact, yes, I do...".

Yea, if my memory was better I'd remember everything I traded and with whom over the last 5+ years. But I don't. Yea, I could write it all down, but it would be easier of the computer did it for me since it already has all the information, it just needs to fprintf() it.

I think implementing this is unnecessary and pointless.

Why would you need to have a written record?

It's impossible to get scammed (unless you're like full nub). All trades a final. Who cares if someone asks you if you remember some trade you did with them and you can't; how will it matter?

That said, this being implemented would have no negative impact on me at all and if some people will find it useful/enjoyable (even if I don't understand their reasons) then I completely support the idea.

A written record does help with your book keeping, its rumored that there are player out there who actually do accountance for what they buy and sell, and what they paid for it so that they can calculate their cost-use factor, Haveing it written down in the chatlog, would just mean a few more client generated code it is easy and will provide some player with some benefits, if done right, (seperate file) maybe even with more benifits, as people can see where their money goes, or what is the most profitable thing they do, and plan their game after this.

I came into this forum with this same idea searching and found this thread.

I think a trade log in the "View Stats" menu would be very handy. Obviously it would need to have some default limit.

There have been tons of times where I wish I could look back at a log to see what exactly happened during a trade. Maybe its just me, but when I am trading with lots of players both from storage and from my bag in the middle of a crowded place with multiple conversations going on in game and irl, on the phone etc, sometimes I get a little forgetful.

And since storage trades go right in, its totally easy to forget how much you received or had previously. Right now you just kind of have to keep track on your own and hope you don't miss anything.

I agree with the other thoughts that logs can be fabricated so this log isn't practical to be used as "proof" in all circumstances. But for players who believe and trust each other's word, the logs can verify that what was traded was intended. It'd be really useful for that kind of thing imho.

Any way we could rehash this one a bit?

resurrection! :)

Was just in the middle of a trade and my connection lagged for a few seconds and then after a series of clicks on "accept", the game responded, quickly caught up, and the trade went through. Weird thing was, I clicked accept several times and then when the system "caught up" it appeared that somewhere in the middle of the trade, something changed with the amounts the other player had put up. Since I clicked accept a few times too many when the game was not responding, it went through too quickly for me to see exactly what happened.

Like anyone else would, I wanted to make sure I got the items I paid for. Unfortunately, it was odd numbers of a few things, and I already had some in inventory, so the trade just added to my existing amount. So at this point, I have no way to know if I got exactly what I paid for...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's my similar but new suggestion on this topic:

When the trade session is finished and it says "You have been saved!" could it be modified to simply output what was sent/received in the trade window?

Something like: "Sent 51732 gold coins. Received 5358 health essence, 234 death essence...."

It doesn't need to go into any special log. Just output it on the screen. Please?

Thanks.

Wow, this request has been about for ages. I'll have a go at implementing it. How the information is displayed and where it is logged is the easy bit so tell me what you want.

Bluap,

Awesome! and thanks for looking at this...

Personally, I really don't need much more than what I said in my previous post.

Something like: "Trade completed: Sent 51732 gold coins. Received 5358 health essence, 234 death essence."

But there may be others who have something more elaborate yet reasonable in mind?

That could feel like spam at times, i can see, but maybe make it be added to a quest-log style thing, or even to the quest log itself, under Quest 'Trades'? Just an idea to reduce chatlog spam :D

well i would like to have either something like a list in the chatlog that goes like this example i sell 10k of Sulfur Snaps and roses,for 35kgc to MrX. then i would love to have an entrance like this.

Trade with MrX

gave:

10000 Sulfur

10000 Red Rose

10000 Red Snapdragon

recieved

35000 Gold Coins

Alternative it would be nice to have a windows that have trades like this

|Trade With MrX |

|10000 sulfur |35000 gold coins |

|10000 Red Roses | |

|10000 Red Snapdragons | |

|____________________-_____--____-_______

|Trade With MRSY |

I would like it in such a format in chat_log.txt:

[traded to] [Player] [nr] [own-item] [nr] [own-item].....etc

[traded from] [Player] [nr] [his-item] [nr] [his-item] .....etc

Edited by DonC

I would say either the format that DonC gave or one line per item. It could go in the chat logs and then pulled up by the stats tab. This way, you could track your history back a ways. The problem with this would be the fact that chat logs are not per character (hopes it changes for the next client). It would be nice to have one chat log per character.

Other things could probably also get tossed into the chat logs in a similar format, but we can cover that later.

For some odd reason, the original post was in this thread. I deleted it.

Edited by Faxie

I've just committed an initial version of the trade log to git. It simply writes the item information to the console when a trade successfully completes. For example:

Trade log 2013-02-11 17:03:54
items from bluap (you):-
 type=1 image_id=45 quantity=1 id=46
 type=1 image_id=29 quantity=1 id=4
items from gkon:-
 type=1 image_id=1 quantity=2 id=43

Next, I'm going to look at getting the proper names, possibly using learner's item_info.txt file, I'll need to talk to Radu about that though. Then I'll look at possibly using a tab on one of the existing windows and writing to a per-player log file.

The reason for publishing the code early is that I am not 100% certain the current code always detects a successful trade and always ignores and unsuccessful one. I'm continuing to test but other eyes would help greatly. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention, there's a setting to enable/disable the log on the controls tab of the options window.

Edited by bluap

Might be a bit much to ask, but would it be possible to toggle this on/off, or out of the question? :lipssealed:

Edit: I forgot to mention, there's a setting to enable/disable the log on the controls tab of the options window.

I'm glad that was what you meant. :)

I've added item descriptions using the item_info.txt file which you have to download and save in your data or updates/x_y_z directory. If the file is not present then you get the item ids. Also, if #item_uid is not set, your get the ids if there is no unique match. The output now looks like this:

Trade log 2013-02-12 11:57:57
5 Tiger Lilly
2 Fruits
3 Vegetables (s)

Or this:

Trade log 2013-02-11 23:07:17
1 image_id=29 id=65535
1 image_id=312 id=65535 (s)
1 image_id=27 id=65535 (s)
1 image_id=304 id=65535

The (s) means the items come from/went to storage directly.

I like this :)

[16:54:40] Trade log 2013-02-13 16:54:40

items from VinoVeritas (you):-

10 Diamond

items from Falke:-

<nothing traded>

[17:20:34] Trade log 2013-02-13 17:20:34

items from VinoVeritas (you):-

15000 Gold Coins (s)

items from Violet:-

3000 Fire Essence (s)

Edited by vinoveritas