Cruella

The Chim Project

What do you think about that ?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Are chim changes a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion
  2. 2. Will you support "The Chim Project" ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Need to think it over

Gohan, the reasons the chim thing has been chosen were:

- it has been suggested a number of times

- it has already been backed up with calculations and nice essay explaining details

- it was following Radu's suggestion to spend tokens on chim stats change

- it was not written by me, to avoid accusations that I'm starting that for my own benefit

- it seemed a lot of a/d players were interested in this idea and were begging for it to be done for months

Now, I can come up with another project easily, however under current circumstances it doesn't make sense since as we can all see some people do not want this to succeed only because it was me, not other person who started this thread. An essence of a project means nothing to them, all they want is for me to fail. I appreciate that and I feel honoured lol but admit that submitting own proposal having Aislinn's cavalry against me, prolly no matter I suggest, is pointless, and I'm pragmatic and similarly to you, do not waste time for nothing.

- Always suggested by the same people (those very few who would benefit), always denied by the same people.

- I could do such and make you another project, but I have plenty of other things to do.

- This doesn't matter, simply because despite him allowing it, noone can be stopped from reversing it.

- No, it was written by someone else for his own benefit. And accepted by others for the same reason.

- See point 1 and I don't like crybabies because it's suddenly a little harder to train. ;*(

Now, don't be a crying bitch please. Don't stuff words, in my or anyone elses mouth for that matter. I hold no grudge against you and no matter who would have made this suggestion (AGAIN) I would have said no anyway and same for all those others who said no.

You don't first be Ms. Brave on this topic to come all crying later about how it's probably just you why everyone is being so negative. :P It's not like that, at least not for me, I don't care about the others.

I am willing to spend some time I have to help you, possibly even some money on a token to help you. But not in order to get a personal benefit or to give benefit to a very small amount of people who find it necessary to cry over and over again about the same topic.

If you make something that can truly make the community better, sure, I don't see a reason not to help, but I am not willing to work on this or anything else that will only support a very small amount of people. I gave you a suggestion that you could build an idea on, try and make use of it here.

The time you spend commercializing someone elses idea and fighting off people who disagree with it, you could just spend on making a new idea there that probably more people will agree with and maybe we (yes, we, as in community, that very same you seem to love so much here) can actually work together on the new idea and something might just happen, because none of us are getting anywhere at this rate.

-Gohan

Now, I can come up with another project easily, however under current circumstances it doesn't make sense since as we can all see some people do not want this to succeed only because it was me, not other person who started this thread. An essence of a project means nothing to them, all they want is for me to fail. I appreciate that and I feel honoured lol but admit that submitting own proposal having Aislinn's cavalry against me, prolly no matter I suggest, is pointless, and I'm pragmatic and similarly to you, do not waste time for nothing.

I have nothing against you personally, I do not like the manner in which this project was presented, or the "justification". Had korrode or Gohan or anybody posted the same language as you have, I would object just as strongly. Please do not put motives or words into my mouth either.

Heretic solution to perceived chim problem:

cap a/d at 130, you'd still get oa exp while training a/d beyond that, players currently above that level will be set to 130 a/d. :P

• Removes the need to change critters so players can bridge the gap to the topX-players (more easily).
  • Removes the need for "combat level based pk".
  • Has other benefits as well, for example some people believe players would PK more once they've reached the cap if they are the PKing type and some high level monsters would really require a group to pull down.
  • Affects only a very small part of the community (less than 80 players, probably less than 50 of a couple thousand active players).
  • Might not even cost tokens :)

Ok, so after reading this topic here is what i have came up too :

People who vote no are :

People who :

-have been able to train chims with P+C > 96 (aesop stated 48/76 p/c for mcw or something like that) so high toughness

-didn't have the feros/fluff problem because they moved to yeti etc

-who are scared we would multi them in bethel/RoT etc

-are scared therefore we would catch their stats

But did we ask for a stats change that would let us be able to multi easier ? NO - as with the cap our might is limited at 48, we cannot deal damage to it, and aesop's build had a might build at 62. i would gladly not change the chims stats and get 48/76, but it is not possible for us to train it with 120 a/d and 48 p/c

What we are proposing is :

Change toughness/armor so we would be able to hit it at 48 p/c which is already the maximum matter we can get.

Reduce spawn time a bit ? could be discussed and not done if by reducing armor we would get the ~300k/h they used to have before cap. Reducing armor and toughness is bad for multi you know :P - and besides, we are not asking for chim damage reduce or crit hit. (which would be good for multi :) )

What i noticed about people training chims now such as badflip : their stats isn't 120s but more like 130s - chim is 115 a/d

Nevertheless, after have spoken with conavar, we thought that if we reduce some chim stats, people training on feros ~90s-125s a/d would go straight to the chims for better xp even. So maybe just don't change thet stats so people in 90s a/d cannot train them but keep respawn time lower on the chim. AND remove the ts effect on a/d so people would train monsters their real level, would prevent the spawns from being full. We are like 300+ people with feros stats. by doing this we would move the higher part of the feros trainers to chims solving the chim + feros/fluff spawn problem in the same time.

edited few things.

oh and thoses changes are not for a few people's build such as Korrode's. You know, he has maybe 36/48 p/c quite ok R/I - i have 48/48/4/8 p/c/r/i which is a complete different build, but i am still on korrode's opinion.

Edited by Michic0_oL

Voted no on both, shuch changes should be done only by Radu not by small group of players for their own benefit imo.

But in Radu's opinion, this is what we should spend our invasion tokens for .... even single individuals if they desire to do so.

Voted no on both, shuch changes should be done only by Radu not by small group of players for their own benefit imo.

But in Radu's opinion, this is what we should spend our invasion tokens for .... even single individuals if they desire to do so.

My understanding is that he was asked if altering those stats was acceptable and at what price, and he said yes. He never said that was his opinion you SHOULD spend them on this, only that if this is what you wanted, he would go along with it.

And don't forget that for all this planning, it only takes one person to come along and undo it.

I have nothing against you personally, I do not like the manner in which this project was presented, or the "justification". Had korrode or Gohan or anybody posted the same language as you have, I would object just as strongly. Please do not put motives or words into my mouth either.

You see, I always put an essence over a form. Despising an idea just because of a language it is presented boggles my mind. I appreciate though others might think and act otherwise.

Again, back on topic :P

My understanding is that he was asked if altering those stats was acceptable and at what price, and he said yes.

Radu's post on this topic

TK, to solve Fluffy/Feros problem, you need their stats increased, not decrease the chims, at the current rate every fucking noob with 70 a/d is taking up a Fluffy or a Feros spawn.

-Gohan

TK, to solve Fluffy/Feros problem, you need their stats increased, not decrease the chims, at the current rate every fucking noob with 70 a/d is taking up a Fluffy or a Feros spawn.

-Gohan

been years because of the too low attributes of fluffy... but i agree attributes of fluff are too low for their a/d... 70s can train on 95s "LOL"

For now, only the mountain and forest chims are changable.

I would be greateful for clarification, if it is still valid or not.

I agree, Cruella. Radu said that on May 22nd. For all we know, maybe the 'for now' is over? As others have said, maybe a middle ground to this debate would be to raise feros stats a bit, same for the fluffs, but i'd say even more so for the feros.

I think they should do it, cause by the time it changed, it works anyway already. So why not just do it, and evade the consequences of the changes.

cap a/d at 130, you'd still get oa exp while training a/d beyond that, players currently above that level will be set to 130 a/d. :medieval:

• Removes the need to change critters so players can bridge the gap to the topX-players (more easily).
  • Has other benefits as well, for example some people believe players would PK more once they've reached the cap if they are the PKing type and some high level monsters would really require a group to pull down.
  • Affects only a very small part of the community (less than 80 players, probably less than 50 of a couple thousand active players).

I like this idea. Its the best one I've seen on this thread... if skills were capped at 130 (except OA), it eliminates the need for more spawns or easier training creatures. Problem solved. :)

(oh, and I do have a char thats over that cap)

I think whoever has the tokens should sell them to me and let me decide the right thing to do (on behalf of all the players of course). :)

cap a/d at 130, you'd still get oa exp while training a/d beyond that, players currently above that level will be set to 130 a/d. :medieval:

I like this idea. Its the best one I've seen on this thread... if skills were capped at 130 (except OA), it eliminates the need for more spawns or easier training creatures. Problem solved. :)

(oh, and I do have a char thats over that cap)

Does this mean you dont want to train your bought character or is that too much hard work?

You should really train it IMO because then you get an idea what your char can do in pk then wont die so much to noobs with MI rem wards :)

Does this mean you dont want to train your bought character or is that too much hard work?

You should really train it IMO because then you get an idea what your char can do in pk then wont die so much to noobs with MI rem wards :medieval:

No I don't really feel like training 6hours a day, everyday, and still never catch up with the people who have no life/job/brain who train 10+ hours a day.

And not much you can do vs a 150+ damage harm every second if MI doesn't work, even if you have 178 a/d.

The chim project isnt necessarily what people want but isnt it good that we have had this discussion ? And ( god forbid ) almost managed to get somewhere with it. Im glad there are as many people putting their point across for both sides of the yes and no, thats great thats what a polls for.

I'm asking again though, would it be possible to use tokens to put in place an Invasion Token NCP ( called Tokin maybe ? ) that would redeem tokens in exchange for special days - NDD , SunTzu, Joules, Scientists .......

Im not meaning to detract from the talk of the chims, but putting across another idea for the token use that would benefit the whole game in the long run , and not just chim trainers.

You should really train it IMO because then you get an idea what your char can do in pk then wont die so much to noobs with MI rem wards :medieval:

No I don't really feel like training 6hours a day, everyday, and still never catch up with the people who have no life/job/brain who train 10+ hours a day.

And not much you can do vs a 150+ damage harm every second if MI doesn't work, even if you have 178 a/d.

lol i was just playing with you St. I die all the time in pk to low lvl players (in large groups with acc pots, bronze swords, fire arrows and bp capes) even though i spend 3 years of my life lvling my character.

I notice there is a 100a/d cap on pk server maybe you can buy one of the recently capped chars there? Maybe even introduce them to the power of the wards.

Anyways the token npc sounds like a good idea

agreed. i love the idea of being able to get enough tokens and exchanging them for a special day. so far that seems to be the best idea.....it APPEARS to be an idea that MOST (not ALL) of the EL community would like and possibly agree on.

so....what do others think? :medieval:

Voted no twice.

The game has always been designed that the higher your a/d you get the more difficult it is to get good xp.

Theres already TS now + increased DC health compared to before.

imo theres two options:

You either stay on low fluffy/ferro attributes and get good xp waiting to spend your PP (which usually never happens because too afraid to loose some xp or resetting all the time) and suck in PK.

Or spend your PP, go to chims and take a bit less xp for granted but be strong and have fun in PK...and about less xp...double chim with a small sword still gives good xp.

Trouble is, even though Radu said we can doesnt me we should

anyhow how many tokens to see Aislinn and Cruella slug it out in NCA ?

anyhow how many tokens to see Aislinn and Cruella slug it out in NCA ?

If I had any I'd have donated any amount.

Voted no on both,

tried to form an opinion by reading between the flames, but i really cant see why a highlvl monster, more or less desined to fight in groups should be able to fight barehanded.

Imho any creature higher than feros should require the use of wheapons, and the stronger it is the better wheapon should be used. Why are so many ppl addicted to uber high xp/hr?

Sure the game has chanced ppl who play for many years had sertain advantages then but they did adopt the chances and are able to still make good xp as most of them said.