Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
groomsh

Guild donations

I was thinking about a possibility for GM to set (after a discussion in guild) a "toll" on trades guild members will make.

Something like: #guild_toll 0.5 would set it to 0.5% of coins received, it would be applied only for received gold and "stored" to something like "guild bank".

And only GM would have access to it. Possible limits could be set on maximum and minimum amounts (like 1% but at most 100gc or at least 1gc).

Example: You sell a CoL for 70kgc -> you get 69300gc and 700gc goes to "guild bank" (with toll 1%)

This toll could be made rank sensitive (not applied on new members or members with rank lower then 5)

The purpose of this would be to make it easier for GM and guild to make events etc...

A way to force a tax on your guild?, way to go? :icon13:

What happens if you recruit a person after 'everyones agreed to the sales tax' ?

"oh yes our guild has a 0.5% sales tax, wanna join?"

What happens when a guildie is secretly avoiding this, and trading always in goods instead gc?

[/i]What happens when a guildie is secretly avoiding this, and trading always in goods instead gc?

Nothing happens ... why should something happen ?

You don't have to punish people for trading items :icon13:

It is for the good of the guild, not to benefit the GM...

What happens if you recruit a person after 'everyones agreed to the sales tax' ?

I guess if you are honest you WILL mention it to the one you recruit BEFORE he/she decides whether he/she joins or not...

Edited by groomsh

If any guild wanted to charge me a % on all my transactions I would happily show them what my bot's ban command was for before leaving.

Not even Entropy forces us to pay to play.

That's not saying that I would not give gc or items to any guildie that wanted it, I have always and will always supported my guildies in that way.

I just refuse to be told I must pay a levy.

Yep, oddly enough the word 'donation' is not correctly used. I think the words 'Guild Fines' are more-suited.

Seriously though, bad suggestion, if I got taxed on the things I sell to NPC I'd just do a #leave_guild.

Edited by Aphistolas

America defeat England for this same reason.

I dont mind paying for my tea but as soon as you tell me I have to do it because a "king" says so then I have a problem with it. :icon13:

If a guildie needs for anything then I will help then in any way I can.

If you have to charge your guildies to benifit the guild by enforcing a "tax" then you should just #destroy_guild and find a free one! :icon13:

I figured I would give you my 2 cents but your asking for more! :confused:

I don't like the idea.

If you want guild profits, you can ask you guild members to donate, but taxing them is just rude.

Edited by Jaxbot

I dont mind paying for my tea but as soon as you tell me I have to do it because a "king" says so then I have a problem with it. :P

:brooding: Uh, what? :icon13:

I agree with the latter part of your post, though. People would just #destroy_guild and make unofficial gatherings...

I dont mind paying for my tea but as soon as you tell me I have to do it because a "king" says so then I have a problem with it. :D

:brooding: Uh, what? :icon13:

I agree with the latter part of your post, though. People would just #destroy_guild and make unofficial gatherings...

It was a generalized comment lol.

England was enforcing a tax on a lot more than tea, which led to "The Boston Tea Party". -Google it if you didn't go to school OR your not from America..

Americans said "We will not be forced to pay your taxes"

Then we defeated England in war over this issue and got our freedom.

So basically my point was that his suggestion was to unfairly tax the guildies for trading among each other..

Rather silly idea. :P

Except.. nothing is forcing people to pay this tax, they can either leave the guild or not join in the first place.

I still don't see the point or like the idea, your analogy is poo though :)

Well i guess you take it too seriously :)

It was not meant as something you have to set in guild and it was meant as something you should do after an agreement between all guild members.

I think the biggest problem is the "automatic paying" of some "fee" ... (so it seems to me from your replies)

But well, ty for your opinions ... It looks it's not such a good idea (at least for the majority).

Maybe a better option would be then - #guild_donate (which would donate coins to guild)... but as it was mentioned earlier, it could be abused ...

if you did #guild_donate, where would this money go? to the Guild master's storage? :)

Ask your GM to appoint a treasurer, or donate to a bot..I believe Labrat's bot code has a 'donate' feature?

Edited by Shujral

if you did #guild_donate, where would this money go? to the Guild master's storage? :)

Ask your GM to appoint a treasurer, or donate to a bot..I believe Labrat's bot code has a 'donate' feature?

Hands off it's all mine \o/

Yeah my code does have that feature, and the bot logs all donate actions.

If i had heard that some guilds charge a %5 tax on all GC trades within the guild or even outside of the guild I would have started looking for a guild that didnt do this.

Even if its not applicable to new members or members below a certain rank I still dont think its exactly an incentive or anything to look forward to when you progress in ranks

'' Gratz your now rank 15 !! Now we can tax your transactions '' Not hot stuff IMO

Plus you just know damn well there are some people out there who will start a guild tax the hell out of everyone until they are rich then destroy the guild !

Peace

England was enforcing a tax on a lot more than tea, which led to "The Boston Tea Party". -Google it if you didn't go to school OR your not from America..

When I learned about it in school, the cornerstone was not the actual taxation, but rather the political situation - being allowed to participate in voting, but not able to because of the distance, therefore having no say in any governmental decisions. "No taxation without representation" was the slogan I still remember. This is not only taught in school in the US, but maybe with a slightly different emphasis in other places.

i like the idea but I think for the money u can buy guild clothes or something.

its like 30k to customize guilds clothes and it 100k to get 10 people the guild clothes or something.

THere should be a purpose for this money that the whole guild can share.

Or get armor and customize the armor to the guilds liking with paint.

As do my bots.

Bad idea, if a guild requires a tax on its members, then the game should not enforce it. That should be a voluntary thing from the members and I wonder how many folks would be happy ot pay such a tax - especially the newer players.

Offtopic below, but replying to points raised in the thread so far:

<snip>

Then we defeated England in war over this issue and got our freedom.

</snip>

If you must point out historical politics to people PaulB, please make sure you have read more than basic primers on history and actually point out the real reasons behind the politics and also the real facts about who fought who.

One of the major slogans for the settlers was "No taxation without representation" meaning those settlers didnt't like being taxed when they had no vote in the houses of parliament back in the UK.

And who fought who? The British, not English, were the ones being fought and the British government used a lot of mercenaries during your war of independance.

Edited by Matty27