Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EMP weapon

Would you like one?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like one?

• Yes
    • No

Electro magic pulse, what's the point of it being 'electro'?

I don't see any point to have this in game anyway, even less people will pk then :D

Sounds fine to me. Makes it a little hard to pk with uber stuf cuz I can bet each pker is gonna have like 20 in there inv and use them every chance the cool down is over :D

Edited by exeus101

make it more expensive imo, it is too much a powerful thing to be less than 1k

btw, it can destroy rosto meaning PKers have a chance of getting drops? just a point for the PKers

Edited by Takeru

Yes plx. :D

#Edit - As was said befor, would this drop the item, or destroy it?

Edited by Chosen

I think this is a good idea for an item. I'm not a PKer so I can't really have a lot of say on how it will affect things, but from what I have seen and heard PK could use a little more risk. There are plenty of good and bad things about this item.

Yes, you can run in with no magical items, use it, and leave. But what if you accidently hit a friend or ally?

Yes, they are very cheap, but what if they are one use only like a ring? or have a massive cooldown?

As someone mentioned, this may encourage people to PK with less valuable rare magical items. Some will still use their magical things though, creating more of a variety of fighters. Instead of always having two people rigged up with NMT's, thermal serps, and all your other magical items. You get somebody like that, and somebody with no magical items and a EMT and you have some interesting fights.

If people think this is going to kill PK then I guess the PKers are all chickens that don't want to risk loosing a thing.

If people think this is going to kill PK then I guess the PKers are all chickens that don't want to risk loosing a thing.

I take that offensively seeing that you dont pk. If you put hard earned money into millions of gc worth of items, would you want someone to come along and destroy it all in 3 mins?

Edited by Kidberg

I take that offensively seeing that you dont pk. If you put hard earned money into millions of gc worth of items, would you want someone to come along and destroy it all in 3 mins?

and u forgot to say that cost 300 gc :D

I voted yes as i like the idea for several reasons. that have all been stated previously.

Perhaps what would be nice if the effect could be temporary. A few ideas would be

1) Said thermal serp becomes a serp until it is stored. Then after a while the magical effect replenishes itself and all is good.

or

2) An npc can repair the item for a set amount of gc.

or

3) The item reverts to a different state. Col becomes downgraded col, thermal serp becomes a modable serp etc.

Some items like rostogol stones & nmt are simply destroyed. (this could also make the need to make the nmt breakable unneeded?)

In this case it would be nice if it also damaged/destoyed diss rings, tp rings, potions etc.

A few items to protect agaisnt it:

the cape of the unbreakable, warlocks cloak etc might be nice as well varying chance of the protective item breaking. Say a med that abosrbs the effect but also breaks every time it does so, cape of the unbreakable 50% chance of breaking when absorbing the effect, warlocks cloak 5% chance of breaking when absorbing it.

In the case of those using the ring whilst invisible.

Magical backlash kills the character instantly and the ring fails to function.

Just a few ideas to try and help the item apeal to more people.

I voted yes from the Engineering point of view, and am not a pk'r so will refrain from posting reasons why I think it's good from a pk point of view.

Wouldn't want "You don't pk, so keep quiet, bla bla.. you don't know wth you're talkin about...."

Somehow I knew something like that would be coming. I may not PK but I train, and I've died, and I know what it is like to loose items. Admitedly not in quite as expensinve quantities as high level PKers. But loosing stuff is part of the game, there should be more risk in PK between rostos and NMTs most people don't loose a lot, yes things still break and yes sometimes mistakes are made and rostos aren't there to save you, but still a little risk is a good thing. It benifits the games.

As for all being destroyed in 3 mins? well Entropy has not specified anything on how likely it is for items to break. he DID say that NMTs will have less of a chance of breaking than cheaper items. I don't think he's stupid enough to make an item that will break everything you are wearing with one shot. We still have very few specifics on the item.

-edit-

Also there is a lot of concern I see about missuse by low level people trying to harrass PKers. I don't think it will destroy everything you own in one shot, and how many PKers in the area are going let the annoying bearer of the EMP to stick around for a second shot? And once someone is known to do that, PKers will be on the lookout for such people, and either get out of the effect radius of the weapon, or quickly kill them to prevent them from using it.

Edited by Enly

I voted yes as i like the idea for several reasons. that have all been stated previously.

Perhaps what would be nice if the effect could be temporary. A few ideas would be

1) Said thermal serp becomes a serp until it is stored. Then after a while the magical effect replenishes itself and all is good.

or

2) An npc can repair the item for a set amount of gc.

or

3) The item reverts to a different state. Col becomes downgraded col, thermal serp becomes a modable serp etc.

Some items like rostogol stones & nmt are simply destroyed. (this could also make the need to make the nmt breakable unneeded?)

In this case it would be nice if it also damaged/destoyed diss rings, tp rings, potions etc.

A few items to protect agaisnt it:

the cape of the unbreakable, warlocks cloak etc might be nice as well varying chance of the protective item breaking. Say a med that abosrbs the effect but also breaks every time it does so, cape of the unbreakable 50% chance of breaking when absorbing the effect, warlocks cloak 5% chance of breaking when absorbing it.

In the case of those using the ring whilst invisible.

Magical backlash kills the character instantly and the ring fails to function.

Just a few ideas to try and help the item apeal to more people.

i like this one here alot. so ppl would loose their pluses temporary while the combat but wont loose the items completely that are (in most cases) either rare to get or are only available via el shop for rl $$.

im giving thyralax' suggestion all my hope

EDIT: forgot something to add

Edited by Scorpius

Bad idea ... if u want to kill PK u can remove PK areas from game and ppl should PK only in TW lol,or you want ppl buy more rostos/stuff from EL shop ...so only ppl who are ebul rich irl should PK,im not rich i cant afford to have ~4 rosts in inv to protect my stuff,i really dont like idea that i was making money in game long time to get some item and sum1 will break it only with some stupid ring,or we can have also small atomic bomb to clear out whole KF,good idea,no?

Worst idea ever.Why?5 ppl naked+that pulse thingy,than 2-3 to slain you

if ur rosto go down,u loose all stuff...and PPL who can kill yetis?Np for them,cutlass+few hours and lot of gc and drops.Also they can use that pulzorz ,take ur rost and ur armor.,when u die.

So i vote no

Could be cool if those items could paralyze special weapon effect,also could make dissapear your essies/potions

or rings

and Radu your idea will kill PK once and for good

I think i have idea how to make it fuul of PPl again,PM me if u interested ;)

no this sounds anoying liek the brod, why not make it a cool skill that people like, so change the name back to electro magnetic pulse and just tempory disable all metal armors or something :<< so they frozen

Somehow I knew something like that would be coming. I may not PK but I train, and I've died, and I know what it is like to loose items

u say what it feels like to lose stuff... what u lost? couple of steel chains?? but u dont know how its like to lose 1 item worth 300k gc...

Somehow I knew something like that would be coming. I may not PK but I train, and I've died, and I know what it is like to loose items. Admitedly not in quite as expensinve quantities as high level PKers. But loosing stuff is part of the game, there should be more risk in PK between rostos and NMTs most people don't loose a lot, yes things still break and yes sometimes mistakes are made and rostos aren't there to save you, but still a little risk is a good thing. It benifits the games.

As for all being destroyed in 3 mins? well Entropy has not specified anything on how likely it is for items to break. he DID say that NMTs will have less of a chance of breaking than cheaper items. I don't think he's stupid enough to make an item that will break everything you are wearing with one shot. We still have very few specifics on the item.

Ok a group of 5-10 people on in arena and use one at same time...bam were do my items go?

Voted Yes,

Love this idea! Wouldn't change a thing, but maybe increase the ingredient value. 300gc is low IMO, but i'd be happy having this at ANY price!

if ur rosto go down,u loose all stuff...and PPL who can kill yetis?Np for them,cutlass+few hours and lot of gc and drops.Also they can use that pulzorz ,take ur rost and ur armor.,when u die.

So i vote no

Could be cool if those items could paralyze special weapon effect,also could make dissapear your essies/potions

or rings

its easy, if u want pk full again :

take off the rostos of game

u dont drop ANY item when u die... that will make pk full for sure ;)

but will destroy EL economie :D

u say what it feels like to lose stuff... what u lost? couple of steel chains?? but u dont know how its like to lose 1 item worth 300k gc...

Haha, a few steel chains? here have five. I've lost a lot more than that before due to my own stupidity. Something worth 300k? no not quite that much, but I'm very cautious and rarely use expensive items in combat.

If you don't want to loose it to this weapon, don't wear it. Or, risk it, and catch somebody with say full ti but no magical items and get their stuff. Theres pro's and con's just like anything in this game.

Ok a group of 5-10 people on in arena and use one at same time...bam were do my items go?

Um, how many groups of 5-10 do you know that plan on doing that? And you're the pro PKer, kill them before they get a chance. And as I said before, certain people will begin to be known for using these and you can avoid them. And again repeating myself from above in this very post. If you don't want to loose it to this weapon don't wear it, or risk it and maybe get some benefits to cover for next time when you don't get so lucky.

-edit-

I'd like to also say that 200-300gc may be just a tad bit low. 1-3k I think would probably be better. Still plenty inexpensive for experienced players, yet not to cheap.

Edited by Enly

So i vote no

or rings

its easy, if u want pk full again :

take off the rostos of game

u dont drop ANY item when u die... that will make pk full for sure ;)

but will destroy EL economie :D

But people will still buy in EL shop.

If you risk a thermal serp this way will only few buy. So no sale from EL shop.

I get it with items like NMT or rostogol stones, whatever rare they may be, they are still available through monster drops.

But destroying thermal, which is only available for 90$, then some bastard get lucky on chance and blows it with some cheap trinket? That evil, really.

Even if this involves only PKers and I am not among them, I don't like it. Voted no.