Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Suggestion for Summoning Stones

If you've ever asked me about selling the summoning stones I make you'd know how I go on tyraids about how summoning is the only skill one can't make a profit off of.

-I mean hell, you can buy fluffy summoning stones for less than it costs to get the ingredients!

-Gypsum is just....aaaAAAAAAGGHHH to get.

-it takes 250+ emu to create one, so you have to be a decent summoning level AND have a decent carry capacity

-The ingredients in general are not ones you can easily stockpile (exception being thread, SRs, and bear furs)

I've noticed that every other skill one can make a profit off of in the game...

A/D: money drops, they add up.

Alch: essences are always in high demand, as well as bars

Harv: Must I say?

Magic: Well, not so much here but bones to gold at higher levels could work, and magic keeps you ALIVE

Craft: even thread adds up, and tele rings are also a high demand item.

Eng: still in the works, but people are already making some money via ashes, saltpetre, ect.

Manu: Just about everything you can make leads to a profit

So here's a few things I think may help to make it so summoning could actually be a skill one could make a profit off of while remaining a fair balanced skill

-NPC pricing could use a lil boost, which is the root issue with why the stones sell so cheap!

-Make gypsum easier to reach again, such as the Palon Vertas underground (with respect to crafters of course)

-Rare items could be made somehow with the stones, based on your charm, such as double summon stones, or some kind of souped up version of what you were making

-Less gypsum to make each

Really just 1 or 2 of these would be able to actually make summoning a profitable skill

So yeah, there's my little rantish deal, alot of players may think otherwise of this, but you try making summoning stones!

I'm not saying you're wrong (I've always considered summoning a for-loss skill), but I think you've overestimated the profit potential in many of the skills.

Given the cost of gear and supplies, I believe A/D is only profitable at the highest levels.

Alch: essences are always in high demand, as well as bars

Yes, good profit here at most every level.

Harv: Must I say?

Another good profit skill, but kind of boring for most folks.

Magic: Well, not so much here but bones to gold at higher levels could work, and magic keeps you ALIVE

Almost no profit here. You need the skill, but you can't make any money at it.

This one is debatable. Most stuff sells at such slim profit levels that you could easily argue that you'll never recover the high cost of books.

Eng: still in the works, but people are already making some money via ashes, saltpetre, ect.

No profit here yet. As you note, we'll see.

Manu: Just about everything you can make leads to a profit

Like crafting, profit is slim and the books are expensive.

And you missed potions which seem to have pretty good profit (at least at medium/high levels).

So of the 9 skills (counting a/d as one), I'd say only three are clearly profitable for most people who want to try. The rest (including summoning) have major barriers to making any profit.

As someone with relatively even skill levels and a massive desire to make money, the only 2 skills I can't gain xp while making money in (and this is NOT a negative) are Magic and Engineering. Engineering is still in the making, so does not worry me, and Magic isn't meant to be profitable.

The location and difficulty with Gypsum is a positive on summoning stones because it lets me explore a little more in getting it.

Just a note, not ALL of the summoning stones are profitable (most aren't even close) but then no skill has everything profitable, and no skill should.

That being said, I think that summoning stones could use some changes, perhaps being quite a bit more expensive to buy from the NPC. Most other items that can be made or bought from an NPC can be made at almost half or less of what the NPC sells them for, where as some of the summoning stones cost more to make than to buy.

Also, an "enriched" or "rare" version of some of them would be nice.

I make a profit on all summoning stones I make. In fact, its a great little money spinner.

The highest quantity sales on stones I make are the bear and tiger stones.

I gather all ings with the exception of the srs myself, but even if I didn't...

Bear Stones

Bear fur: dunno

3 srs: ~45gc

15 le's: ~60gc

gypsum: make at the wall of course :)

So that's 105gc ish + cost of fur, and they sell on market for 150+gc each, so unless the bear fur costs >45gc each, thats a profit

Tiger Stones

Tiger fur: ~75gc

4 srs's: ~60gc

20 le's: ~80gc

gypsum: make at wall

215gc...sell on market for 350gc...for a whopping 135gc profit for a 215gc investment even if you buy all the ings.

I really don't see the problem.

S.

Edit: forgot food, some use fps, some use toads, some use bones, so its a hard one to throw in, but assume the worst and throw 12gc for 2 out of every 3 stones made.

Edited by Spleenfeeder

Given the cost of gear and supplies, I believe A/D is only profitable at the highest levels

Total BS, look at luciferx, he bought account for few k $, spent many more k of $ to make it strongest ingame, took all possible negz to make it even stronger, and he is slayed like a beaver by dragons now( almost 0 blocks).

A/D+ very big p/c was very profitable but about 1 year ago, when i took p80c76 and made 3m gc on yetis in 3 weeks. I was harvesting yetis with thermal serp for 3 weeks and i always had free double spawn in non- pk map.

Not possible under current circumstances( 50+ppl on yetis, yetis got lowered drops and they hit more often. deal more dmg. and break stuff really fast).

mp

Total BS, ...
Perhaps you should re-read my statement again. Here, I'll highlight the significant part:
Given the cost of gear and supplies, I believe A/D is only profitable at the highest levels
You talk of how you "made 3m gc on yetis in 3 weeks". I guarantee, yettis are above 90% (or more) of the players in EL. While there's money to be made on all critters you train on, the profit (over and above the cost of gear, etc) is limited to the high-level ones, which only a limited few players can do.

A/D is not profitable to everyone, but very profitable to the highest a/d levels (ignoring recent changes that may have reduced even their profit).

A/D is not profitable to everyone, but very profitable to the highest a/d levels (ignoring recent changes that may have reduced even their profit).

Im highest a+d ingame atm, and i asure u that w/o very big p/c a/d isnt profitable, and why r u ignoring recent changes that reduced profit from yetis/dragons?

When for example thread was made 2gc instead of 1 noone ignored that change, and when monster get stronger, give less exp and less drops u ignore that change?:)

<edit> corrected typo

mp

Edited by masterpiter

Actually, there is a GREAT way to the gypsum that I doubt anyone has discovered yet. Maybe everyone should explore even more :)

And for clarification... it does NOT require magic and is NOT the magic school path.

Edited by Acelon

If you've ever asked me about selling the summoning stones I make you'd know how I go on tyraids about how summoning is the only skill one can't make a profit off of.

So here's a few things I think may help to make it so summoning could actually be a skill one could make a profit off of while remaining a fair balanced skill

-NPC pricing could use a lil boost, which is the root issue with why the stones sell so cheap!

-Make gypsum easier to reach again, such as the Palon Vertas underground (with respect to crafters of course)

-Rare items could be made somehow with the stones, based on your charm, such as double summon stones, or some kind of souped up version of what you were making

-Less gypsum to make each

Really just 1 or 2 of these would be able to actually make summoning a profitable skill

Topic already examined in depth http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=34189&hl=

I disagree with you about every thing (ie. Aryus is better like PV :) ).

About the last game's trend, I don't like the price of the new books: 20k gc each to buy hawk and falcon summoning!

Actually, there is a GREAT way to the gypsum that I doubt anyone has discovered yet. Maybe everyone should explore even more :)

And for clarification... it does NOT require magic and is NOT the magic school path.

argh! :P *starts exploring*

S.

A/D is easy to make money in from when rabbits are easy to kill onwards.

But the thing is you normally have to decide if you want to maximise your profits, or your exp (sorta the same as other skills; the things that bring cash and the things that get XP often don't match up).

If you just want the profits, you kill well below your level (not always, of course, sometimes what's at or a little above your level will be worth killing, but usually).

But to the original issue... Why not have charm give a chance to make an extra stone, rather than an enriched one? It'd probably be simpler to code :)

This one is debatable. Most stuff sells at such slim profit levels that you could easily argue that you'll never recover the high cost of books.

As you say this is debatable. Tele rings are a pain to get the essence for, but just making the four simple medallions; moon, sun, star, unicorn (especially moon and star) can make a great profit selling to the NPC for 170gc. If you just buy the ings and dont make them it still only costs bout 130-140gc to make, so a great profit on each. With the new meds however you can make a profit but they will only be bought once at a time so you cannot really make a lot of money from it. IMO what is needed is maybe something around the 40 recc cra lv that will be bought in bulk.

Anyway, back to the topic of summoning. IMO it isnt profitable, never has been, up till now has just been a kind of hobby that can be pretty fun and if you are really rich a fun thing to do while hunting or PK'ing. I do agree that summoning should be a bit more balanced and some kind of rare summoning stone or double summon stone (Just like double summon) would be helpful. But even with that it will not make it anywhere near as profitable as many other "simpler" skills. And in a way it should stay like that, but maybe make summoning (not stones cheaper) so more classic holding KF with high level summons :)

Just my opinion,

Evil

Total BS, look at luciferx, he bought account for few k $, spent many more k of $ to make it strongest ingame, took all possible negz to make it even stronger, and he is slayed like a beaver by dragons now( almost 0 blocks).

A/D+ very big p/c was very profitable but about 1 year ago, when i took p80c76 and made 3m gc on yetis in 3 weeks. I was harvesting yetis with thermal serp for 3 weeks and i always had free double spawn in non- pk map.

Not possible under current circumstances( 50+ppl on yetis, yetis got lowered drops and they hit more often. deal more dmg. and break stuff really fast).

mp

total BS empi, i block 0 hits from dragon and i also make profit on them.

so what? if ur all to dumb to fight, get a clue and learn it.

yes dragons are unfair atm blabla, thats in the other topic.

lets imagine i would be lucis stats (kk bad imagination but still lets imagine)

i would go camp in hulda for weeks, would go to dragon and make a hyperbag there and get my gc.

HIGH lvl fighters get more money than other, and yes its fair, cause those ppls worked for their stats and spent money on those stats.

EDIT: with money i meant GC, but also ok for those who spent $, since those people also work hard for their in RL earned money.

Edited by Tempest

Tempest, so why u said somewhere here on forums that u harved over 6m blue lupines? Ahh, np, u did that for t3h exp :P

Kill 100 current dragons, sell their scales, divide money per each friend that helped u, check how many resources it took and than tell me if they r profitable for u or not.

( And if its less than 5k gc per hour than better harv some silver/iron/coal/blue lupines, u can do that while being semi-afk, u wont die and u can loose 15gc pickaxe doing that at max :) )

Sorry for off-topic all, didnt mean to steal the thread, i will be a good eMPi from now on :)

mp

Again, sorry for thread stealing.

I agree here with t3h ebulness (mp), on test server as said befor (125/135/48/128) and I make a loss on Dragons. For me to kill it 1on1, I need only EMPs, Steel Platemail of Healing, MOL, Cooldown Removal Cuisses, and Mirror Greaves, thats to stand some sort of a chance against it, Not to mention the Atk/Def/Phys/Cord/Vit/Wild/Acc/Eva Potions I use, and the Health Essies ~80+ per. All for what, a 10k scale (IF it can be sold for that, and maybe 600gc on average.) I can take 2-3 max, befor I need to restock on Eva pots, so I take less hits. Now, since I was fighting the Dragon, I've broken my Mirror Greaves(300k+) and a MOL(16k) and ~4 Rosto(70k?) And all I have to show in storage is about 6kgc, and maybe ~5 of each scale.

Now show me profit in there, please. And yes, I was using NMT cape.

#Edit - Also broke 1 Tit Shield, and 1 Tit Platemail.

#Edit2 - I could spend ~120k on 5 Giant Stones, and make a Hyperbag full of stuff, and sit there and 'harvest' Dragons for some hours, but I'll still be making a loss. There was only one way of making GC being a fighter, and that used to be killing Yeti like mp said, with thermal for many hours a day. Or be me, and get many PK drops. (+5Mgc of PK drops in my EL life, probs more.)

Edited by Chosen

Actually, there is a GREAT way to the gypsum that I doubt anyone has discovered yet. Maybe everyone should explore even more :laugh:

I believe I know where that is, at least I think its a great way to the gypsum, and it is a secret.

But despite that, summoning is a virtually no profit skill, and very hard to level. I think thecomet is right, if a few things were changed, just slightly, summoning could be a much better skill. Right now it seems to be the skill that most people have at 0 and don't waste PPs on nexuses because they can't see a lot of profit in it. I enjoy summoning just because I think its fun, I would love to see more benefit from the skill though. :evilgrin:

Bear Stones

Bear fur: dunno

3 srs: ~45gc

15 le's: ~60gc

gypsum: make at the wall of course :evilgrin:

So that's 105gc ish + cost of fur, and they sell on market for 150+gc each, so unless the bear fur costs >45gc each, thats a profit

Bear fur is normally about 20gc from players. If you can't find a player selling for that or less, you can buy them for 30gc from the NPC. So that ensures that these can be made at a profit.

That doesnt count food cost, fails and losts.

There is almost no profit from bear stone, I making them only for exp.

Only tiger and spider stones are profitable.

But there is no need to get profit from everyting in game.