Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tico

Cook Meat upgrade after update

I think that with stockable cooked meat, more people will cook meat...

i tryed to cook a few meat and i realized that its a real pain to cook 1k meat... reminds me the ancient harvest where we needed to click every time to harvest...

Since you all think that isnt necessary t click every harvest and now every mix, is there a way to cook all your meat with one click... obviously with a time proportion involved.

?

tnx!

i tryed to cook a few meat and i realized that its a real pain to cook 1k meat... reminds me the ancient harvest where we needed to click every time to harvest...

Since you all think that isnt necessary t click every harvest and now every mix, is there a way to cook all your meat with one click... obviously with a time proportion involved.

?

tnx!

The hard part is someone might not want to cook all their meat, what if they are hungry, but have lots of meat for practicing summoning?

One raw meat plus one Fire essence, Mix, one cooked meat.

Doesn't matter what skill it's under. No nexus. Only like 1 exp per mix (so it's not good for leveling).

Mix one, or mix all.

Problem solved.

One raw meat plus one Fire essence, Mix, one cooked meat.

Doesn't matter what skill it's under. No nexus. Only like 1 exp per mix (so it's not good for leveling).

Mix one, or mix all.

Problem solved.

But that isn't how you cook meat. You have to use a burning fire. If we had wanted to do it that way we have done that instead of having to light a fire.

Maybe we could cook meat with the quantities. I could have 500 meat in inventory and sit next to a fire, then I click the quantity number "20" and drag 20 pieces of meat to the fire. Result: 480 raw meat, 20 cooked meat.

Not sure if this can be done, but would be nice.

Otherwise just take as much raw meat in inventory as you want to cook and when you use 1 on a fire, all the meat is automaticly cooked. Even when hunting and when you want to keep some raw, you can drop it in a bag and cook the rest, picking up your raw meat afterwards.

That should be possible no?

-- Cyp

?

tnx!

The hard part is someone might not want to cook all their meat, what if they are hungry, but have lots of meat for practicing summoning?

Ok, easy to solve. :)

1)You start a fire;

2)You control+click on the raw meat on your inventory;

3)You pick the quantity of raw meat you want to be turned into cooked meat;

4)You convert the raw meat into cooked;

5)You pick up the rest of raw meat.

You can do steps 2-3 in one step, dropping the cooked meat you don't want to be cooked in a bag.

?

tnx!

Ok, easy to solve. :)

1)You start a fire;

2)You control+click on the raw meat on your inventory;

3)You pick the quantity of raw meat you want to be turned into cooked meat;

4)You convert the raw meat into cooked;

5)You pick up the rest of raw meat.

You can do steps 2-3 in one step, dropping the cooked meat you don't want to be cooked in a bag.

It's a lot more complicated then that. The client interface currently doesn't support using more then one item with another, the protocol doesn't support it, and the server doesn't support it.

It's a lot more complicated then that. The client interface currently doesn't support using more then one item with another, the protocol doesn't support it, and the server doesn't support it.

Well, the client could recursively send the info (to the server) of using one item with another till there is no more raw meat on the inventory. Of course, for this we would need your (and the other devs) blessing saying it was not a macro.

But there is automix, why not autocook an item? Maybe its not a good idea, but i like it. :)

Edited by Lorck

But that isn't how you cook meat. You have to use a burning fire. If we had wanted to do it that way we have done that instead of having to light a fire.

I know that. I was just presenting an ALTERNATIVE way to cook meat that would deal with the problem of "how do I cook 500 meat that isn't one-at-a-time". A free way that's slow, and one that costs FE/food that's fast.

Well, the client could recursively send the info (to the server) of using one item with another till there is no more raw meat on the inventory. Of course, for this we would need your (and the other devs) blessing saying it was not a macro.

But there is automix, why not autocook an item? Maybe its not a good idea, but i like it. :)

When you click mix all, command that you send to server is 'mix 255 items'. All timing is made server side.

In this case we have to make delays in client, and to handle all your possible actions to decide when to stop this cycle.

Looks like a big job :)

Guest baneazaghal

Hm... As for selecting the quantity, you could just use the quantity that is currently set in the inventory screen (you still use some object with the other, only that at client side you take additional information into account). As for sending the commands to server, you could create a loop sending commands to server (like someone already pointed out).

P.S.

I'm neither against nor for this idea, since I buy cooked meat anyway. Just trying to be of help a little bit.

?

tnx!

i meant the meat in the inventory (not in storage) :P

I think that a good way to solve this would be by mixing.

Obviously you would click the raw meat into your mixing/ingredients window, but then if your by a lit camp fire of any kind, you click that into the ingredients window as well and some artwork of a fire comes up, then you can mix all, or mix one.

If the fire goes out, then the fire ingredient disapears.

well, perhaps the simplest option... when you use-with, if you have more of the raw meat, don't have the client un-select the raw meat? (same for any other use-with clicks)

it should be simple enough to do, but save probably 2/3 of the work

well, perhaps the simplest option... when you use-with, if you have more of the raw meat, don't have the client un-select the raw meat? (same for any other use-with clicks)

it should be simple enough to do, but save probably 2/3 of the work

:P

Well just tossing the meat in the mix window would be a shame.

The whole point of making it cookable by us was that you needed to make a fire then drag it on the fire!

Not everything should be able to be mass produced in large amounts within minutes, imo. :P

Well just tossing the meat in the mix window would be a shame.

The whole point of making it cookable by us was that you needed to make a fire then drag it on the fire!

Not everything should be able to be mass produced in large amounts within minutes, imo. :P

ok i agree with the fun about light the fire and add wood... but it becomes kinda bring when you need to click use-with - raw meat - 500 times...

if it could cook at least 10 in 10 would become a lot less boring :P

but it becomes kinda bring when you need to click use-with - raw meat - 500 times...

You don't need to. You can buy cooked meat, you can use other foods, you can use feasting potions...ALL of which are storeable now no less. Where is the NEED?

Because feasting potions are expensive, toadstools could poison you, and bones... well, you have to get a PERK, which uses up three pickpoints which could go somewhere else...

Really, clicking three different place sin sequence gets tiring. ttl's idea is probably the most viable, since it would take nothing but a client patch. it'd still require a whole freakin lot of clicking, but only a third as much, and you guys have us clicking a total of 123 times to construct an extract, so..

total of 123 times to construct an extract, so..

if you use CVS, you can control-click to add items 10 a time to mix window :)

I'd hate to imagine how many times I click during a game of quake just to get fragged at the end of it.

If you dont want to click, throw away your mouse :)

Cooked 250 yesterday, wasn't even that hard.
Business opportunity for you then. Trade cooked for raw and charge a premium! :happy:

You can thank me with 1k cooked meat for the tip!