Eternal Lands Official Forums
dejan

A critic to the today's EL server update

I simply could not keep quiet about this, because than EL developers might think everybody thinks this is okay...

My critic is related to the following:

Added the attribute and nexus removal stones. They are very rare and for the time being can be obtained only as a harvest event (regardless of the resource harvested). The chances are subject to change, and newbie characters/mules type characters can not obtain them.

See, rich players will be able to do this:

1) Buy enough hydrogenium bars to get nexuses.

2) Buy these nexus-removal stones, and make PPs.

If you want to keep the balance in order, please remove this feature.

Kind regards

Dejan

Edited by Dejan

Yes, I remember that poll. Problem is that many people who do not see potential thread voted YES there, like it was previously with (almost all) polls...

OK, i see the decision has been made... We'll see the progress. Sorry for bothering.

That very thing has been explained in the first post in that thread, and over 80% people liked the idea.

Sucks to be in the minority.

Even nowadays some are playing for the fun. stressing out, chatting...

I wouldn't mind helping the game a bit more if i could give away the $ (although i personally don't agree with the idea of buying items with $)

Why should i care if someone has more pp's/nexus than me. can they alch faster? :laugh:

Edited by temospena

oh nice..

now there is even less motivation to train a/d becuz the rich people with low lvl a/d can pown us..

Ent you should see this as a problem EVEN IF the majoroty voted yes for it.... :laugh:

bah..

The chances are subject to change, and newbie characters/mules type characters can not obtain them.

Question: this means you need a certain level in overall or harvesting skill? Or that recently created chars can't obtain the stones? Or there is something else involved?

oh nice..

now there is even less motivation to train a/d becuz the rich people with low lvl a/d can pown us..

Ent you should see this as a problem EVEN IF the majoroty voted yes for it.... :blush:

bah..

If "rich people" can pwn u because they moved a nexus or 2 over to p/c.... umm.. Maybe you should train more :laugh:

Ok, here is the deal.

Since people are bitching before even seeing the rate of those stones, I think I am going to sell them very soon.

Then at least you'd complain about something that is true, instad of something you have no fucking clue about.

So, let's have an auction here, see who is going to offer the most for 2 stones (sold together).

Question: this means you need a certain level in overall or harvesting skill? Or that recently created chars can't obtain the stones? Or there is something else involved?

LOL

Ok, here is the deal.

Since people are bitching before even seeing the rate of those stones, I think I am going to sell them very soon.

Then at least you'd complain about something that is true, instad of something you have no fucking clue about.

So, let's have an auction here, see who is going to offer the most for 2 stones (sold together).

LOL

I bid 200$ for the 2 stones.

Edited by LuciferX

Ok, the bidding will end Sunday.

And from now on, each time someone complains about how unfair this system is, 2 more stones will be for sale (and the person complaining would be baned from ever buying them from the store).

I am really tired of beating a dead horse. If you are interested in the pro and con arguments for making those stones, see the thread Aislinn pointed to.

Guest ohmygod

This is not a complaint!!!.

I like the new stones. Please let them become as common as lilacs (i never did like Blue lupines) it would sure make the hydro bar prices sky rocket and keep the hydro harvesters moving in greater numbers through the pk map for many weeks/months/years to come.

I need 16 will stones. 6 human stones and 2 inorganic stones asap please. Oh and hydro bars to replace the human and inorganic nex :)

I do have a serious question though and I think Lorck asked the same question but was LOL'ed at. It says that a mule type character wont be able to get them. Does this mean that fighters with uber EMU will not be able to get the stones? or do you have another set of critera to determine what a mule type character is?

Please dont LOL @ the question. I just dont want to waste training time harvesting more if i have no hope in hell to get a stone.

Ent what is the 2 stones being auctioned? Not animal nex removal ones i hope. I dont have any of that nex :devlish:.

@Smooms Muffosa doh who are you now? oh yeah LuciferX :D i have a feeling you will win the auction with that $200 bid, A bit over the top IMO though but hey gratz to Ent and to EL :). Most i could ever afford is $10 a stone. hint hint - remember i need 24 of them to adjust my charcter setup this time maybe would even do so more times in future if the prices were a lot more reasonable.

Disclaimer: I think stones are good because i can recoup oa PP i put towards human and inorganic nex, or redistibute my characters Attributes without reset, Not because it is possible to "buy" extra Attributes above and beyond my current oa lvl (and neg perks) with Stone+Hydro.

Edited by ohmygod

The chances are subject to change, and newbie characters/mules type characters can not obtain them.

Pretty obvious imo, it's for sure something like, if you have all your pp's in phy and all your skills at 3 except harvest it means you are a MULE , so no no stones.

If your char is less then 3 months and/or your OA below 50 and/or you dont have at least 3 skills above 20 you are a NEWBIE, so no no stones.

And i thought there was only one kind of stone u could use everywhere not specific nexus ones, guess i am wrong...

hate me ... but a perk removal stone would be cool :devlish:

Edited by hades

Pretty obvious imo, it's for sure something like, if you have all your pp's in phy and all your skills at 3 except harvest it means you are a MULE , so no no stones.

If your char is less then 3 months and/or your OA below 50 and/or you dont have at least 3 skills above 20 you are a NEWBIE, so no no stones.

And i thought there was only one kind of stone u could use everywhere not specific nexus ones, guess i am wrong...

hate me ... but a perk removal stone would be cool :devlish:

uh? You have the authority or the inside knowledge to speak of these things? If so, then it's all right but if not, let's wait for a mod or dev to clarify the matter.

Not that I would shift from harvesting advanced plants to BSF's or BL's but when the droprate is equal for low level harvests and high level ones (given a certain character) then it would make more sense for many people to populate the flower bush again. (he said droprate REGARDLESS OF RESOURCE)

Edited by sithicus

See, rich players will be able to do this:

1) Buy enough hydrogenium bars to get nexuses.

2) Buy these nexus-removal stones, and make PPs.

If you want to keep the balance in order, please remove this feature.

Though I agree with your point dejan, I would hope the implementation makes this not financially viable. The initial costs appear to make this 1.5mil per pp (luci set a value of 1mil gc for a stone), even if this is reduced to say 750k few players would be interested. I would say a special weapon (say mana nullification sword) is worth more than 1 coordination, yet it sells for 400k only, and I still have seen its use only ever once. Is there really a big market (i.e. players demanding this) for this to ruin EL?

In the case of uber rich players who can buy with $, people already claim these players ruin el, so what difference? I feel if anything this brings more request for hydro bars which many have pointed out the benefits for in the past.

EG

Guest ohmygod

Gratz to silverarrow he showed me an instinct stone he found.

Edited by ohmygod

The reason I LOLed at Lorcks's question is that, if I disclose the criterias, then people will make their mules meet that criteria, which is something I don't want, of course.

But rest assured, the formula allows anyone that has a honest character and is playing the game for more than 1-2 months to get them.

As for the stones on the auction, there will be two nexus stones of your choice.

Wanted to comment it. Wrote quite a nice post, then I've realized it's senseless. The decisions have been made.

I fully agree with Dejan. I've written about this problem in one of the threads (maybe even the poll one). Shame.

I think this argument about the rich vs everyday player is more appropriate to EL shop items. Even in that case you're talking about supporting EL by buying special items (which, let's face it, do allow players who don't have $$ to get the items when they buy from players with the $$).

But in this case, it is in-game gc that defines rich. And are you really saying that after working hard on a player that has either found a niche or come up lucky on some uber items and finally been able to afford the stone/hydro bars that they shouldn't be allowed?

Non-rich players in many cases (not all) are newer and a reset isn't that damaging to them. Resetting at OA 110+ even 140+ can take a considerable amount of time to regain. So spending in game gc for the ability to bypass part of reset (no way to remove perks and it is considerable amount of stones/bars to fully reset pp usage) isn't really that ebul to the community.

In fact, let players who have proven themselves and put in the time have some advantages. Do you really want a game where someone who's been here 1 month can do everything that someone who's been here 1-2 years can?

In fact, let players who have proven themselves and put in the time have some advantages. Do you really want a game where someone who's been here 1 month can do everything that someone who's been here 1-2 years can?

They do, until they reach the level where they can get really good stuff, and then they don't. Seems to be a common pattern.

If you guys are really so gosh-darn worried about rich people, then go work hard and make yourself rich. Applies to in-game xor RL (I doubt it's in-game or RL). :medieval: