Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
evilmangopie

Negative Weapons

Ok me and my good freind redsoxlovr10 was talking about the game and he came up with the idea of having weapons with negative stats for PvP training. You would deal a very low amount of damage each hit so you could have longer training fights without having to heal to get more a/d exp. Tell me watya think :cry:

Ok me and my good freind redsoxlovr10 was talking about the game and he came up with the idea of having weapons with negative stats for PvP training. You would deal a very low amount of damage each hit so you could have longer training fights without having to heal to get more a/d exp. Tell me watya think :cry:

Pickaxe

Yeah but he wants to do less damage than barehanded...

Nah I don't like the idea I'll stick with my fists ^^

How about a boxing glove?

Stats: -2 damage, -4 critical to hit, -1 accuracy, +1 defense

Nexus to use: Human 0

Requires: 4 leather, 4 thread, 6 cotton, 2 rat tails

Tools needed: needle

Nexus to make: Artificial 1

Recommended skills: Manufacture 15

Manufacture EXP: 75

Food Subtracted: 9

Weight: 4 EMU

Counts as a weapon, so you can use it with a shield.

Hap_Loder

How about a boxing glove?

Stats: -2 damage, -4 critical to hit, -1 accuracy, +1 defense

Nexus to use: Human 0

Requires: 4 leather, 4 thread, 6 cotton, 2 rat tails

Tools needed: needle

Nexus to make: Artificial 1

Recommended skills: Manufacture 15

Manufacture EXP: 75

Food Subtracted: 9

Weight: 4 EMU

Counts as a weapon, so you can use it with a shield.

Hap_Loder

Boxing Glove in EL? This is some kind of joke yeah? 0o

And what would such a "negative weapon" look like in RL that makes you do less damage? A pillow? :)

more like negative exp :P

shhhh dont start them off .. next they will want uber weapons that take xp of your opponent :)

Leather gloves: 1 damage, +1 armor

Warm fur gloves: +1 cold damage, +1 armor

Furry gloves shouldn't do as much damage as a bare fist.

Why not make warm fur gloves have a -1 to damage?

Hmmm...is it Possible to give normal damage - 1?

If not, the closest thing I can think of is having a medallion that reduces your might.

in case yawl haven't noticed... A/D is the easiest skill to get really high levels in... and training it in PVP is the easiest way to get it... in my opinion, it's ridiculous how fast you can level with PVP training compared to other skills.

so suggestions designed to make it even easier to train PVP? I don't see any need for it

To not receive a lot of dmg both of u use full steel or bronze set. Will be very easy and comfortable defefnce training :)

If u wanna do attack training better train on mobs or take like p32c4, will 16-20, wear only moon med+ bone.

About a/d being the easiest skills: hm, Mufossa made in like 3 weeks to top5manu from manu ~30. Show me some1 who can make top5 attack or defence in 3 weeks or even 3 months not being in top100 at the beginning and i will give u free iron pl8 set :)

A/D consumes a lot of time even if u have a lot of money( thats why most bought chars r high a/d accounts and not high craft/manu/alch/pot/sum accounts).

I agree of coz that u can make 80 attack or defense a lot faster than 80manu, but :

80 manu= uber high lvl that would give u nice profit and respect in the eyes of all players

80a/d= average a/d lvl, u still can die very easly even on fluff if u train barehanded, ppl will make jokes about ur newbie a/d ;>

eMPi

yes, what's "high" for that skill varies. but when you consider that it also means a higher OA, whichever has a higher average skill is going to be more of an advantage to have

Yes, indeed. The effort made to gain overalls is not the same in all skills.

But until yetis or artich chims, you can't get profit on fighting. Some skills are, in this way, used for gc. Others for easy overall, attack/defense atm, that it is. And others for nothing, just for looking cool. The skills aren't symmetric.

I fully agree that the non-fighting skills gain a lot less exp than the fighting skills on the high-end. Well, mixing is risk free, fighting (specially high lvl monsters/players) is very risky stuff. Dunno if the risk/reward is well tunned, tho. :)

And what would such a "negative weapon" look like in RL that makes you do less damage? A pillow? :)

jam?

EDIT: without the pot

Edited by thelethalmoo

W00t great idea, free xp! Who needs monsters when you can PvP all day long with 100 HEs and get zillions of xp! Fighting already gives lots more oa than other skills as lorck said...When i trained a/d, i got one oa per week or two, now one oa per month or two...

PvP training with a guy with similar stats is already better xp/restore and xp/hour than monsters.

And with those negative weps you could take 100 coord, own at PK and still able to train with -5 acc or so...

Bad idea imo.

Negative damage is as absurd as negative speed from my POV. I don't really get it, but why are people suggesting something with free (more or less) xp? It's no joy from the game then...

About a/d being the easiest skills: hm, Mufossa made in like 3 weeks to top5manu from manu ~30. Show me some1 who can make top5 attack or defence in 3 weeks or even 3 months not being in top100 at the beginning and i will give u free iron pl8 set :)

A/D consumes a lot of time even if u have a lot of money (2) ( thats why most bought chars r high a/d accounts and not high craft/manu/alch/pot/sum accounts).

I agree of coz that u can make 80 attack or defense a lot faster than 80manu (1), but :

80 manu= uber high lvl that would give u nice profit and respect in the eyes of all players

80a/d= average a/d lvl, u still can die very easly even on fluff if u train barehanded, ppl will make jokes about ur newbie a/d ;>

eMPi

I thought you were going to prove why a/d are not easier than manu (or alch/potions/etc.)...

With (1) you prove they are the easiest, and with (2) you have a point that probably nobody disagrees with: with a lot of gc on hand, it's indeed easy to power-level manu (or alch/potions/etc.) in a few weeks.

Edited by Mar(c)

yea, it really is a crappy idea no offense.......... the only hard part would be finding a training partner reliably and you could pvp all day and get like 5 lvls a day...

I suggested sometime back for a similar weapon / armor concept.

The weapon / armor of giants

1. These weapon will have low hit / low accuracy

2. All weapon/armor will give some def bonus

3. will be very heavy

4. Will be made by combining multiple similar weapon/armor

5. Will be quite fragile

On one end will provide a nice variation for easier training but on a higher cost and creating a demand for things like leather helm.

Thanks,

- Darky

I find the whole idea pointless.

Who in their right mind would take up a weapon knowing it would hurt them not help them?

This is only yet another (not so subtle) way to try to make pvp even easier/faster to train than it is now.