Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Draw your EL character contest!

I thought this would be cool contest to start off the fan art gallery.

The winner of the drawing contest gets an in game prize(of my determination-please do not ask what).

The rules are:

1. It has to be a DRAWING or PAINTING, not an in game screenshot or any digital manipulation of textures and artwork that come from the game.

2. It can be done in a variety of mediums: pencil, any real paints, any digital drawing/paintings.

3. It can be a portrait, or a drawing of the whole character. It can include backgrounds, but is not necessary.

4. You must state in your post what medium you used to create the image. (e.g. acrylic paints on canvas)

5. You may enter in as many drawings/paintings as you want, but if you enter in more than one, please put all your images in ONE post, so edit your post if you make more.

Deadline: October 1st.

You have 2 weeks to do this, so put time into it and make it look great!

If there are any questions, please ask :o

Mods, please broadcast about this post in game throughout the day, so all players will know about it.

Does it have to be of your character only? Can we draw a picture of another character, God, or NPC instead?

*Ok sorry I only saw it in the title but it wasnt in the rules*

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Does it have to be of your character only? Can we draw a picture of another character, God, or NPC instead?

Well that IS the name of the contest :o

Draw your EL character contest!

I don't think you are an npc, or God...

or i make a alt lol

Anyways:

This is scarr in votd :D

Program used: Paint :angry:

scarrinvotdyy0.png

ok.. this is the ORIGINAL fresh off the scanner-

i'm gonna explain it a bit

i ran out of paper for FEET- then the HEAD

so i taped on more paper :dry:

September1720062.jpg

and this is the Semi- almost done- not QUITE completed version-

helgiecopy.jpg

Oh right- Mechanical pencil and PHOTOSHOP \o/

Edited by helga

I want to ask one question, if I may - from what view should we be looking at our char, as we draw it?

What I mean - do we need to get a full face shot, or can it be taken from an angle? Or are shots from the back ok?

Just wondering...

-

from what view should we be looking at our char, as we draw it?

What I mean - do we need to get a full face shot, or can it be taken from an angle? Or are shots from the back ok?

ANy angle is fine.

Well.. im maybe not teh best drawer in the world but i think i made a good job.. sadly i got no white paper at the moment so i had to use an Noteblock :) :

FabiinELselfdrawn.jpg

Hehe.. and because i was bored i rendered my Character in DAZ Studio with finishing him a lil bit in Paint:

FabiinELDAZRendered.jpg

Hope you like it.. at least you know now what i do when i get bored :):P

I also hope the pics are not too huge.. because they would look odd if i would resize them more :dry::(

Greetings,

Fabi

Nice pictures all, I'll might do mine. (BTW is Cartoon ok to do? :))

SCIPIOGOD2

Note That sword was a thermal serpent sword It was alot of erasing but it turned out good afaik.

I just drew with my iron armor on and my no more tears cloak since the titaium might take longer.

By,

SCIPIOGOD2

P.s. Trust me, I'm goin to make even more on this post

New:Got the titanium armor done. Hope it's good I drew the head to small grrrr the iron part looked better, oh well.

Titanium Armor

New:9/20/06, my first action seen :P. Me versus a artic chimeran. Sorry if you have the turn you head sideways to see :( (Couldn't rotate )I updated this one a bit:Updated artic fight Just added shadows and shading. Oh and my secret is pencil and map coloring pencil. Going to put some DIMENSION on my drawings. Improvements:The first drawing I made only with DIMENSION :Better replica of my first drawing that looked flat. New: A portrait of me, close up :Portrait

New: 9/26/06:

Miner :P I know, I know, I got to work on the shading. I'm only 13 and I'm still learning how to become a pr0 artist like roja.:) The pixkaxe might look like a stick, but that's just drawing it from a different angle. 9/30/06, this one when I'm summoning a Armd Male Orc:http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j151/LINKZELDA41/summoning.jpg[/img]]Armed Male Orc summon.Notice that the thing shining on top of me is a Life essence and the ingredients to summon the orc. :) Plus I'm biting the scroll to make the summoning look cool. :) Probably my last one(since it would be too late) -->Me Vs. Radu Note: The faces behind me and radu is how fast we're fighting..God speed radu...god speed :)

I fixed up the hand on radu (I drew it crooked like..the one with the bone. Though it doesn't make a difference and I STILL need to work on shading...i'm such on n00b on shading...)--->Just fixed his hand XD Please don't be mad radu if I drewed you wrong in ANY way. :)

Edited by ELVARG

got 3 to put up (preety much stages of drawing x.x)

elcontestlol.jpg

elcontestlol2.jpg

elcontestlol3.jpg

if the tag is too much just say...

edit: oh just remembered, i used a normal pencil (forgot what thier called x.x) and colored pencils

Edited by cho-yun

i drew one of my Draegoni character, but my scanner doesn't like it, and it won't show up well :/

here is mEh pr0 picture... laugh at this plx...my picture was very hard to do. i suck dont make fun of me it was my best i could do :S. my pr0 picture

i used microsoft paint btw

Edited by rip

I'm a crappy artist, but I think I might be able to make something nice, I'll just have some trouble finding a scanner.. Guess I'll have to bug my friend again. Lol...

Give me a while, because first I need to find a good picture of my character. :D

-Blee

(Hopefully I still have a good one somewhere.)

Just another thing to note, it's best if you draw the char in EL clothes & weapons, etc...and not some that are totally not in the game.