Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atmo

bone of death wtf

Read the stats of bone of death is has 6% chance of taking 150 life on someone to me that sounds good, some people may like it.

Bleuren

Question - Were you recently on the receiving end of a Bone of Death with under 150 hp?

I'd think it sucked too if I died to one.

Well...

I bought bone of death 2-3 hours ago.. And I have hit about 10 people with the 150 damage, atmos being twice.. And dieing both times. :goofy:

As you can see by (ooops rather large) siggy. :o

Hmmm..

I guess thats what 60 coord does. :P

Anyways, Ent.. Thank you! :D I :whistle: it! :D

eep! I'll fix it tomorrow Aisi, as of now I will remove it until I get the chance to edit it. :D

Edited by ManHunT

i agree w/ this TBH. WTF u thinking about when u put bone of death/branch of destruction ingame? O look rich people have yet another huge advantage in PK. Now they can buy thermal/rosts and these new items and force anyone who doesnt have like $10000000 out of PK.

and when you say the chance is small think about how many times someone gets hit in a normal fight... alot is answer :whistle:, so they get hit w/ BoD/branch often.

Some people rather waste their money on HEs and SRs and fight old-skool instead of using all of the new crap. I have a magic serp but I'm not even using it. I use it in 10% of all my PKing time maybe.

I still prefer the old-skool PKing over the current system in which you should have a thermal+col and some other shit to be able to do anything at all.

Its funny tho, when an old-skool PKer beats someone with all of the new crap.

To Entropy, 150 damage is a huge amount of life. Almost anyone would die in 1 hit from that. Unless they have COL, maybe you should reduce that damage a bit or make the chance for a 150 damage hit lower then 6%.

Edited by BleedingSoul

It is kind of becoming a rost fest isn't it.

From the number of ppl being hit by BoD for the 150 pts the frequency does seem high.

I like it... i dont have 1... but im selling stuff to get 1... if u cant fight agains it flee... if u can kill a person like BleedingSoul u are good... so gtz BleedingSoul....

Nobody killed me using a Bone of Death. I haven't been in PK for a bit.

Also, I will be carefull when I fight someone using a Bone of Death. Don't hope for a fast kill and be surprised at what I will do. :icon13:

PLEASE READ ALL POST CAREFULLY OR JUST LEAVE IT, OK?

Well to be honest with all i need to say current pk system sucks for me!!!!! Because in my opinion currently your attack, defense and overall are not most important while fighting. Ahhh and some other thing, too much in EL depends on p/c not a/d actually. That means that guys who take many neg perks are strong without training much. I also had negs but did #reset and wanted to start a new wave of perkless pkers, but except few people, others had it........(i think the most of you know what i mean here :brooding: ) I think that (i mean playing without negs) would make fights more exciting and training more important. I have now gaps between oa's like 9M and i don't cry mum mum i have to take antisocial because i want to be strong on pk etc... Just go and get that 10 pps - i think that is the sense of rpg games, to train and develop your character in this way.

Actually i feel like writing some nice post about today's pking but i will keep all my considerations for me right now.

I will only leave a short note like below:

CoL: made people almost unable to kill, why the hell i have around 120 a/d and i can't kill for an exapmle a guy in 80's?? Answer is very easy ----> because he has CoL and 250+ hp and has soooooo much time to escape from me, usually diss+tele.

I won't comment other staff, except branch of destruction. It is not fair that it costs gc and can break items for $. I know that there were people (i miss them in spite of they were kicking my butt hard) and still are who feel the same.

Yes, some of you may say: "If you don't like it, so get your ass out of this game". But i really did and still do love EL. But it is much less as we used to call it "game fun" then it used to be.

Or just maybe let's remove ro stones from game :brooding: <---- more thrill

Suggestion: A/D should give more adventage on pk then overpowered P/C.

Thank you for attention.

PS. I hope my post won't be deleted immediately =/

Edited by NitageR

Yup, those neg perks are annoying at times, the person who controls TommyKnocker atm, before he reset, kicked my butt pretty hard, even though the char itself is quite a bit weaker then me in a/d now. Only because it was p/c bulked.

And yea, CoL makes surviving easy. I saw an 80s player survive 2 100 a/d+ guys for a bit and then escape easy.

Branch of destruction isn't that bad I think though, the item you break is random, and like a magic weapon is less likely to break then your plate armor or something.

I still think the Bone of Death needs twitching tho, but don't get me wrong, its a fun toy, but the effect of damage is too big. Besides, once people know you have it you'll get bored pretty fast because noone will fight you anymore.

BleedingSoul.

Now, looking at this, the rate seems a bit high, if it is 6%. that's 6 hits out of every 100, or about 1 hit out of every 18-19... seems a little high.

Then again, how many PK fights last that long? (I'm asking here, not making a sarcastic statement.)

It would seem to me that if you intend the rate to be rare, it should be more like 0.6%. Then again, I'm just going by numbers - perhaps the PKers can toss the numbers around and make it a real representation.

maybe it should take a percentage of the persons remaining health rather then a flat number. that way if it happens at the start of the fight its worse then if it happens close to the end.

Well lets see, on the test server, me xanter and dushan were fighting to test a bug and iIhit xanter twice in one round with the BoD..that's how often the BoD hits. I then went to try it on a mountain chim and hit him twice in a row with it. This thing sucks tbh..hell if I get hit with it without my CoL on, I'm gonna owe the guy 30 hp.

Now, looking at this, the rate seems a bit high, if it is 6%. that's 6 hits out of every 100, or about 1 hit out of every 18-19... seems a little high.

Then again, how many PK fights last that long? (I'm asking here, not making a sarcastic statement.)

representation.

If one fighter is not MUCH stronger than the other, then the PK fight would last that long. Note its not really long. In the golden old times a fight would last for 10 mins or so, now you have luck if it lasts 2-3 mins.

So in an average fight of 2 mins the BOD would hit 4-5 times, a very rough estimative not accurate by any means. I think its more than enough if you ask me.

So a good player fighting someone with BOD would have to restore at 160HP, giving to the oponent a nice advantage.

And please note the bone breaks very often, so only the richest chars can afford to fight with BOD without crying when it breaks.

I like to exploit the ring of power. It can't fight for you, but it can turn the tables if you aren't quite as strong as your opponent.