Eternal Lands Official Forums
Soldus

Helm of Life

I just lost my helm of life, after one week and fighting cyclops with it only 3 days, it doesn't degrade, it just poofs on you and is gone.

And yes, i even do have the extremely costly no more tears perk (7 Pickpoints, around 25 million XP at my level).

The helm is too expensive at 200k gold to lose it that fast. And it definitely needs to be repairable, ideally w/o a chance to lose it, because if there IS that chance, you WILL lose it, as everyone who uses tankel often knows. :P

I suggest make those rare and most expensive items repairable, and the chance for tankel to succeed 100% or close to 100%, the repair itself can be expensive, maybe 20k if there are no fails.

If it stays like it is, i can only advise people not to buy and use these items, at least not if losing 200k hurts you anywhere close as much as it hurts me, it was basically all the money i had, after playing for 2 years.

:(

Im sorry there Soldus. I will gladly donate all the money I have for you to buy another...but that is just shy of 2k.

sorry to hear that, but i dont think they were made for traininng seeing as on most monsters you have time to use the sr. i think they were meant for pking for the most part

Cyclops HURT!

Do not train with the helmet!

They are for PKing if u ask me, so you can defend against thermal hits..

And have more time to wait till you can click another sr.

I also heard Bep broke his helm, i wasnt suprised since he trained cyclops with it.

But having the Perks and it still breaks so easily is weird.

I agree 100% that it should be repaireble at tankel, but 100%? maybe 80-100% chance.

And yes it has to cost much to repair.

Do not train with them.

Edited by sMooMs

Guest Enyo

Cyclops HURT!

Do not train with the helmet!

They are for PKing if u ask me, so you can defend against thermal hits..

And have more time to wait till you can click another sr.

I also heard Bep broke his helm, i wasnt suprised since he trained cyclops with it.

But having the Perks and it still breaks so easily is weird.

I agree 100% that it should be repaireble at tankel, but 100%? maybe 80-100% chance.

And yes it has to cost much to repair.

Do not train with them.

What is a helm of life? It sounds very interesting. Knights Online have these upgrade certificates that one can find in drops or buy from other players.. with the upgrade certificates, there is a chance like Tankel that the item can be destroyed, etc.. There are also different levels of upgrade.. 1; 2; 3; 4 .. etc..

They also have items which can't be upgraded. All of the weapons/armor can be repaired without a chance of being destroyed. One has to repair it almost every other day or at least weekly depending on how much battle you are engaged in. If one doesn't repair it, then it will eventually break in battle or training.

The upgrade items are the nicer items so more prefer to get those items.

hehe brom and LW that's very sweet of you, but not needed, i very much appreciate the offers tho! :)

the reason for my post was to show up that MORE ppl will buy and use these helmets if they become repairable, and that the repair money can and most likely will outweigh the money spent to buy them by far at some point.

i will not buy and use a helm until that got changed, and wanted to warn others to wait too until they can be repaired.

hehe brom and LW that's very sweet of you, but not needed, i very much appreciate the offers tho! :)

the reason for my post was to show up that MORE ppl will buy and use these helmets if they become repairable, and that the repair money can and most likely will outweigh the money spent to buy them by far at some point.

i will not buy and use a helm until that got changed, and wanted to warn others to wait too until they can be repaired.

Sorry to hear you lost the helm allready Soldus, that must realy hurt ;) I know how much you wanted it.

But thanks for the warning tho, i kinda wondered if it was breakable..I wanted to buy a mana helmet, but I guess i wont now, since I expect that too to be breakable that easy :(

Jez

Guest Enyo

I've been away for awhile so I'm still awaiting an explanation as to what a helm of life is in the first place? Thanks.

Ya no offense Soldus, but Ent did tell us that they DO have a breakage chance which means training with them is probably not the best idea, they are made for pking or other acitivites that don't include constantly useing it and getting smacked by cycs :)

Sorry to hear that tho :(

@Enyo:

Its an item you get on Continent 2, when worn it adds 150 to your max health, so if you have 100 max health now you have 250 ;)

There is also one for mana

Edited by TheDoctor

Ya no offense Soldus, but Ent did tell us that they DO have a breakage chance which means training with them is probably not the best idea, they are made for pking or other acitivites that don't include constantly useing it and getting smacked by cycs ;)

Erm what's the point in buying it if you don't need it? And wouldn't you only need it if you are getting smacked around by something that's taking away your health? :)

Guest Enyo

Ya no offense Soldus, but Ent did tell us that they DO have a breakage chance which means training with them is probably not the best idea, they are made for pking or other acitivites that don't include constantly useing it and getting smacked by cycs :P

@Enyo:

Its an item you get on Continent 2, when worn it adds 150 to your max health, so if you have 100 max health now you have 250 :)

There is also one for mana

Thanks Doc.. I guess there have been many changes since I've been gone. This helm sounds like fun.. but it costs how much again?? 200K ?! WoW! I agree with Soldus that if its going to cost that much it shouldn't break so easily. Why not just make it more accessible. Go down on the price and also require extra nexus to wear it? Or does it already require extra nexus?

Edited by Enyo

Ya no offense Soldus, but Ent did tell us that they DO have a breakage chance which means training with them is probably not the best idea, they are made for pking or other acitivites that don't include constantly useing it and getting smacked by cycs :)

Erm what's the point in buying it if you don't need it? And wouldn't you only need it if you are getting smacked around by something that's taking away your health? :P

ya but training is different, you're going with the intent of getting hit! in like pking etc you would only get hit like 10-15 times. also, you could use helm of mana or life for summoning etc. which don't risk breaking it.

Erm what's the point in buying it if you don't need it? And wouldn't you only need it if you are getting smacked around by something that's taking away your health? :P

ya but training is different, you're going with the intent of getting hit! in like pking etc you would only get hit like 10-15 times. also, you could use helm of mana or life for summoning etc. which don't risk breaking it.

Thanks for the lesson on training <_< I've earned all my 72/72 a/d personally, I think I know how it works.

No problem Soldus. I don't think I'll run out and get one until things are changed. If they aren't for training, and you don't pk, then what's the use buying one?

My opinion is, those helmets are a good money sink and stinking rich players would love to buy them, especially, when there will some unique models for those helmets (if im right, hey use a big feather or some horns or such to create a unique and funny look!).

Bringing Tankel into business sounds to me a very good idea. And i would modify it, dont let the helm degrade once and break then. Let it degrade from 150+ to 100+ to 50+ to degraded item.

So Tankel can charge an amount of gold like a few K gc to bring this helmets up one level.

Then its still a good money sink, due to the prize to buy and repair it, wont stay forever, coz it degenerades or tankel has a bad day again.

Well, my 2 cents.

Piper

lol you've trained o,o?

Bringing Tankel into business sounds to me a very good idea. And i would modify it, dont let the helm degrade once and break then. Let it degrade from 150+ to 100+ to 50+ to degraded item.

Well in this case it would be good to introduce a new npc that would only repair enchanted items - some sort of blacksmith/enchanter

At 1k of tit ore per game hour, giving you 2.5kgp when sold to wsc blacksmiths, its only a mere 80,000 game hours til you get yourself a new life helm Soldus. Now quit ya whining and get to mining!

At 1k of tit ore per game hour, giving you 2.5kgp when sold to wsc blacksmiths, its only a mere 80,000 game hours til you get yourself a new life helm Soldus. Now quit ya whining and get to mining!

*cracks whip* mush Soldus mush...

Or, you can set up the 400k fund like me...Givee all your gold to chatterbug89 and donate to the 400k fund! we currently have like 432gc of donated gold...not that much more to go :evilgrin:

Yeah...breaking that easily...i'm realy sorry for you :S i'll give 1 gc if i makes you feel beter :-P (i only have like 14k plus 110k lilacs anyways...)