Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

What other p2p races would you like in game?

Well, I guess any race is playable, you just need enough cash :smartass:

I would like to see kobolds in the game too.

210707[/snapback]

;) kobolds! heh, I wrote about them a while back, too... how could I forget? ^_^

reporting in

on new races though... these will probably be coming from c3? if so, it depends what c3 is like/where it is... maybe aquatic, in which case you can do something like tritons(with legs, in case anyone is thinking of a fishy tail). they could have scales, webbed fingers, gill-type things(like draegoni ears? ^_^ ), etc. this is probably simlar to what LV posted

gremlins: similar height to gnomes, but a lot thinner, maybe the pointy ears and different colour skin

insectoid & lizard races also sound nice

(though the story of the draegoni suits me very well, so I probably wouldn't go to a different race unless it's even better suited to my playing style)

Edited by ttlanhil

;) kobolds! heh, I wrote about them a while back, too... how could I forget? ^_^

reporting in

on new races though... these will probably be coming from c3? if so, it depends what c3 is like/where it is... maybe aquatic, in which case you can do something like tritons(with legs, in case anyone is thinking of a fishy tail). they could have scales, webbed fingers, gill-type things(like draegoni ears? ^_^ ), etc. this is probably simlar to what LV posted

gremlins: similar height to gnomes, but a lot thinner, maybe the pointy ears and different colour skin

insectoid & lizard races also sound nice

(though the story of the draegoni suits me very well, so I probably wouldn't go to a different race unless it's even better suited to my playing style)

210710[/snapback]

If some maps on c3 is subterranean, the sun problem of vampires, kobolds, orcs, etc, would be solved (they could be live happily there at day and stalk other continents at night). And could be some differencied normal races like drows and some kinds of dwarves coming from there.

Added to this, there are some monsters who will fit pretty fine in those cenarios.

If some maps on c3 is subterranean, the sun problem of vampires, kobolds, orcs, etc, would be solved (they could be live happily there at day and stalk other continents at night). And could be some differencied normal races like drows and some kinds of dwarves coming from there.

Added to this, there are some monsters who will fit pretty fine in those cenarios.

210715[/snapback]

nice. perhaps semi-volcanic islands, and a huge cave system(though the underworlds are already somewhat like this)

I don't like the cave/night = evil races thing, which some people use, though. vampires are traditionally at least semi-evil, since they have to kill to survive(again, traditionally); orcs are evil in EL, drow are evil, kobolds aren't evil, but wild and may attack travellers.

being able to break from tradition a bit can't be bad, so maybe the caverns won't become dens of evil

and for some odd reason, adding vampires makes me think of lycanthropes(werewolves)... though instead of shapeshifting (since that's a skill others can get) perhaps they'd be like a cross between man and bear/wolf permenantly

Klackon wouldnt work, copyright issues with the MoO ppl  ;)

210699[/snapback]

Forgot about MoO, :( I was looking at a different games races. But still, we could have an insectiod race.

I like these idea but my parents won't let me be one but

mermor. half fish half human creture able to withstand very cold tempertures but not hot temperatures

half dwarf and half gnome player lol

If vamps lose 1 health per minute in daylight, then they should be able to restore it easily by like eating raw meat which would restore 5hp.

If vamps lose 1 health per minute in daylight, then they should be able to restore it easily by like eating raw meat which would restore 5hp.

210724[/snapback]

In tradicional fantasy vamps simply burn at sunlight. Orcs (the orcs of lord of the rings are not pure, but crossed with gnomes to travek at day) and kobolds are dazzled because of their eyes. Drows and some dwarf kinds (like dwergar) live on the underground because they are outcasts.

Maybe a harsh penalty like 10 mp lost per min would prevent vamps to traven at day, and yeah, the raw meat healing is fun. Maybe for orcs and kobolds a good penalty/bonus would be some attributes increase at night and wane at day.

What about Wizzards and witches ?

210733[/snapback]

wizard is a profession, witch is a religion... doesn't really work since neither is a race

Okay if u guys didnt expect this one... well, i guess that makes u helpless. lol. but i definitely think there should be a race like half elf and half feline... about 3/4 the size of an elf, slender body, feline ears, a tail, and multiple body patterns like tiger, leopard, ocelot, tabby, etc... but yah, i'd DEFINITELY pay to play one of those...

picture0058lo.jpg

rawr!

can be hero human ?

same tall or taller then (;)) dragoeni and archan's

and have 5 a d advance also like all p2p character's

Edited by belali

Definitely vampires would be cool

Another suggestion: Lich

LICH.jpg

With a bonus to magic/summoning

Edited by anthropologist

Shade - wraith-like evil and dark race; a cross between vampire and orcs, but with more intelligence and respect (they are teh ebul!)

Guest Enyo
Definitely vampires would be cool

How about a something like a Lich

210757[/snapback]

maybe for the male version but i gotta be cute and sexie me :)

edit: goddess vampiress of teh strigoi ..teh sexiest :hehe:

Edited by Electra

Okay if u guys didnt expect this one... well, i guess that makes u helpless. lol. but i definitely think there should be a race like half elf and half feline... about 3/4 the size of an elf, slender body, feline ears, a tail, and multiple body patterns like tiger, leopard, ocelot, tabby, etc... but yah, i'd DEFINITELY pay to play one of those...

picture0058lo.jpg

rawr!

210748[/snapback]

Girl, you are totally pathetic, not ALL topics on this forum are about you. Calm down a little. :hehe:

How about some kind of combination between human and a bird (eagle for example) .... winged etc...

Edited by LadyReni

I'd pay for vampires for sure.

Was just thinking these days of going dragonei but now that u're gonna make vampires (i hope) i'll wait i think :hehe:.

Guest Enyo
How about some kind of combination between human and a bird (eagle for example)  .... winged etc...

210771[/snapback]

oooh this sounds interesting.. i like i like :hehe:

Edited by Electra

Vampires! :hehe:

Being an orc or ogre would feel weird cos your kind gets slaughtered in 1000's every day :) And even worse => being an ogre and train on ogres! :)

those lizard men...sounds like Slitheen, Slithzeraki, Skaaj or Naga, whatever you wanna call it.

But I really wanna see some feline-humanoids...think THUNDERCATS Hooooooo!

thundercats.jpg

Edited by MagpieLee

Another thought I've had - how about a humanoid fowl race (flightless, of course)? Small story could be that through close quarters with the civilized races, and experimentation by Selain, some of the birds (that haven't been implemented yet :omg:) became more civilized, and as a result, have lost their wings - which became cumbersome and rather useless for the rigors of civilization (you try to push a plow or wield a sword with a wing).

MagpieLee - Thundercats would be cool, but let's also include the Ninja Turtles! :leo: :don: :raf: :miky: (now all we need is Splinter!)

Ok well after seeing all of your opinions ...

goblins/orcs/trolls/ bad guys are out...not much interest in these :omg:

vampires, fairies, feline type(think thundercats), and a bird type(with wings too)....are in.

Keep in mind these wont be made for MONTHS yet, possibly even a year or more. I was just collecting ideas :)

As I understand it, there is, at present, no difference between the races other than appearance. Is this likely to change in future? What form could this take...

• Cross attributes weightings -- normally set to (A+B )*0.5 (ok, not quite that but good enough for here), vary the '0.5' component. Would need careful balancing, and fuller use of all the cross attributes in the game (charm and perception for instance).
  • Specific perks, positive and negative, inherent in the races. Other characters could take them as well, at a cost. So there would be a 'heliophobe' trait for Vampires (damage while outside in daylight?), 'Agoraphobe' and 'claustrophobe' for particularly subterranean and surface-dwelling races respectively (penalty to A/D?)
  • Some god slots could be fixed to reflect certain cultures (may include gods not normally available?).
  • Different native clothing!

...and a lot of careful balancing!

As for the races; maybe allowing players to take on some of the humanoid monster races? Models are mostly there, thought they would have to be able to wear different clothes and equipment.

Are these suggestions limited to 'races', or perminant states of being? Vampires, Liches and the undead would not really constitute a race, but no reason why a character could not become one (Vampires have been re-worked as races in some modern fantasy literature though).

Shame about Centaurs being wiped out; I had been thinking along that line :omg: ...take the horse/unicorn body and graft on a humanoid torso...

Edited by trollson