Eternal Lands Official Forums

Just had an idea to have Joker spawns as in OL, Learners game.

Joker can basically spawn anywhere on any map, and if he's not found within 6 hours he spawns somewhere else.

This would make hunting Joker actually a hunt rather then walking to known coordinations, and be much more fun to find it, or to stumble across him when walking around randomly.

discuss

Discuss: sounds like my english professor!! (and he is dead) !

But, yes... nice to have a roaming joker.

I disagree. People ingame like to be Joker hunters. With the random spawns, you cut out a set of players' pastime completely. If they want to take the time to hunt Joker, figure out the spawns, travel through both continents, and maybe get something good, but usually something bad? I say keep it as is, and let OL have it their way.

Edit:

I changed my mind. keep the spawn system the way it is now. but move the spawns around once every year or so.

Edited by hussam

I disagree. People ingame like to be Joker hunters. With the random spawns, you cut out a set of players' pastime completely. If they want to take the time to hunt Joker, figure out the spawns, travel through both continents, and maybe get something good, but usually something bad? I say keep it as is, and let OL have it their way.

Maxine being one of them and having most Joker finds probably, and she liked the idea when it was brought up in channel.

besides you mention "hunters" but how do you hunt something when you know where to find it? knowing where to find it defeats the purpose of a hunt.

on top of that maybe we could organize a joker farming sessions this way, 1 player on each spawn and just collect rewards

on top of that maybe we could organize a joker farming sessions this way, 1 player on each spawn and just collect rewards

Yeah and unless you put a cooldown on joker you can harvest like mad... Changing the spawn makes it more of a challenge and less of a way to, in my eyes, farm more nex stones.

I just wish I was ingame so I could farm joker, knowing most of the spawns and using horse I think I could get a nex stone a week of more... Good money for the ones who been around long enough to know all the spawns :D

Just as an FYI, Joker had about 75 spawns, 50 in c2 and 25 in c1. Without speedhax it would take me a #day (6 hrs) to check all spawns. Now he has 30 or so more c1 spawns. I am happy with the new spawns, providing a new challenge to find him (still check known spawns first). If I want to hunt Joker on random spawns, I go hunt in OL, C1 alone takes more than a #day to fully cover, both continents together would be a huge job.

On the topic of horses (or speed hax, which also works on inside maps), you need several horse whistles to cover all spawns. That becomes an expensive hobby.

I just like to hunt, I don't farm.

Finding a nexus stone was exciting, wasn't sure if Joker still had them, but I am perfectly happy with his usual furs.

Good luck finding him.

In order to even consider this, there'd need to be proof that both 1) he's being found too often, and 2) what he gives away makes it worth it to "farm" him.

Neither is proven.

When he does get to be found too often, new spots get added. And apparently good ones, since people hunting him for the thermal serp went a long period without finding him, and I almost missed him myself, as I wasn't hunting him at the time.

A period where he does get found often has always led to spawn changes and new spawn locs. There's no issue there.

Those who do hunt him down and learn the locs, thus getting more pieces of bread and BRs, have earned it.

(And I say that as someone who doesn't hunt him. Of places I've found him, probably only 3 are among the current locations.)

If you want to find something in a more random location, try grapes. Or Lenny hunting. The *less* similar things are, the more interesting. Joker's been around for many years, and none of the overblown scenarios here have ever been an issue.

Edited by Burn

I like it. It means people may accidentally stumble on Joker.

I original thought this was how joker worked, until recently. +1 :D

Hey Infamous , team up with someone, that increases your chances to find him :) .

Oh ya.. this also means you have to share known Joker locations in the group. You would have to be a really good team player to let someone else possibly find your the nexus stone :D