Eternal Lands Official Forums
SenZon

Boycott Learner

Well on channel 6 today few people asked me to make this.

Learner bought 116 rostos from bots for the sole reason to increase prices on rostos even more from 30k to 50k+

So just dont trade with him :)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51763

No flames please.

Few things that can be done to get old prices back (20-25k)

[Player1 @ 6]: Don't clear invasions, simple enough

#GM from Player2: Augs and ti longs is fine as well, just train on something a bit lower then you

<Add ideas here>

Pretty much just dont do things that involve losing rostos for a while

Edited by SenZon

50k for a rosto is nuts. In trying to make a point, Learner is taking a lot of enjoyment away from a lot of different kinds of players. I still haven't seen him clearly state what his point is either.

Naww... meanies! Learner's just trying to be cute... Is that such a crime? :)

But yeah, wasn't planning to buy any rostos anyway *crack a mortar and pestle*

Have fun

agreed nova. in making a point, i think he's going too far into this is in the 'physical' sense of making a point.

meaning, if a player chooses to buy a rosto from learner (crazies) for 50kgc...even though the player may choose to do that, he's still fucking with their storage, because if he had NOT bought all of the rostos, this player would have paid 20k less.

i think this is going too far in making a 'point', whatever the point is.

I'll just continue to buy mine from my usual source, this wont change anything.. Just means radu should make a little more $ whilst Learner is doing this.

Glad I have a decent stock pile of rostogol stones anyways.

Boycott me if you want.

I only bought the Rosto's on bots that people were complaining were too expensive and wouldn't buy them! At the same time they were saying that bots control the market. Let me state this clearly .... I AM NOT A BOT ... and there are plenty of things you can do to bring the Rosto price down to where you want it!

Boycott me if you want.

I only bought the Rosto's on bots that people were complaining were too expensive and wouldn't buy them! At the same time they were saying that bots control the market. Let me state this clearly .... I AM NOT A BOT ... and there are plenty of things you can do to bring the Rosto price down to where you want it!

Who said bots control the market? ....Who controls the bots :)

You've made some good entertainment :D

Right, so artificially inflating demand for rostogols at reasonable prices for every player in EL b/c of what some small minority of players say or do not say on the spam channel is a good thing how?

Blah blah blah no one has to use rostogols or fight in expensive gear, right, we know. But risking death and fighting difficult mobs in instances & invasions is a very big part of what is fun in EL for many of us, and the reason we spend countless hours training a/d.

Boycott me if you want.

I only bought the Rosto's on bots that people were complaining were too expensive and wouldn't buy them!

So basicly he bought only the rosto's that weren't going around from bots in the first place, the difference?

BEFORE: You wouldn't buy them from bot X for 30k (or w/e they go for, I can't log in now).

NOW: You wouldn't buy them from Learner for 50k.

The difference?

Is there a difference anyway, there are still people outside learner in EL who I guess will buy/sell some rostos at lower prices anyway. So instead of ignoring the overpriced bots you will now ignore the overpriced Learner, big deal.

What is this thread about again?

"Hey look guys, 10 bots we didn't buy from anyway changed into 1 Learner we won't buy from anyway, so nothing changed but the source where we could get these but weren't going to anyway, let's make a fuss about it." Right?

Oh yea, the price you wouldn't pay before and the price you wouldn't pay now is 20k difference, big deal if you ain't willing to pay either and aren't gonna buy anyway. Really strong topic, thanks for my goodnight laugh of today. ^^

-Gohan

Bye Bye Newbies. Will drive even more people away

That doesn't make much sense to me. Newbies who find rostogols just sell them anyway, most likely, after they figure out what in the world they are. Higher prices are better for them.

The ability to buy and sell at prices of your desire is something you should not overrate.

Once the game starts dictating prices, and players loose the possibility to buy and sell at their own rates, there is no longer an economy to speak of.

Complaining about the free-market like in this thread is just stupid.

Playing the market is also part of playing the game.

Boycott me if you want.

I only bought the Rosto's on bots that people were complaining were too expensive and wouldn't buy them!

So basicly he bought only the rosto's that weren't going around from bots in the first place, the difference?

BEFORE: You wouldn't buy them from bot X for 30k (or w/e they go for, I can't log in now).

NOW: You wouldn't buy them from Learner for 50k.

The difference?

Is there a difference anyway, there are still people outside learner in EL who I guess will buy/sell some rostos at lower prices anyway. So instead of ignoring the overpriced bots you will now ignore the overpriced Learner, big deal.

What is this thread about again?

"Hey look guys, 10 bots we didn't buy from anyway changed into 1 Learner we won't buy from anyway, so nothing changed but the source where we could get these but weren't going to anyway, let's make a fuss about it." Right?

Oh yea, the price you wouldn't pay before and the price you wouldn't pay now is 20k difference, big deal if you ain't willing to pay either and aren't gonna buy anyway. Really strong topic, thanks for my goodnight laugh of today. ^^

-Gohan

With that many rosts on bots at 30k ish, if players needed them they were available. No one would hoard them at that price, but players have been buying them at 28-30+k as needed for some time now.

The difference now is an artificial price increase of 20k if someone needs a rostogol, or they have to wait for a player to sell for less. More demand for rostogols at lower prices will drive up those "lower" prices as well. It's pretty simple, really.

Really strong post though, thanks for the laugh.

The economy in this game is seriously flawed. There is no cap to what prices can reach. Just because certain players can afford 50k rostogols, doesn't mean everyone can. It's the same with all overprices items. At this rate, a rostogol will eventually cost more than a Col. EL is a great game. why ruin it?

Something has to be done NOW to get prices down to what they were last year. Players should stop the greed and fix the game.

Allright, i won't make many new friends with this, but i'd like to state my opinion on this matter.

I personally support the idea of more expensive rostos.

First off, it should be plain to see that learner as a player is entitled to try and monopolize a resource as everyone else is entitled to try and counter this. There doesn't even have to be a special aim behind this other than simple profit.

If the price of rostos does rise though, i see a couple of positive effects this might have.

1. It might endow invasions and death in general with a bit of dread, which they imho should have. I've never taken part in any invasion in rl, yet i strongly believe it is something that makes people scream "Aaaaaahhh" instead of "Yay".

2. It might lead to people fighting without rosts, which in turn could lead to:

2.1. Reviving the "careful guy"-perk. I don't believe anyone took that with rostos at 20k.

2.2. Enforcing teamwork in invasions as well as normal fights. Diying next to a friend picking up your st00fz doesn't cost a dime.

2.3. Vitalization of the market due to equipment poofing. I consider decay an important factor in a (nearly) closed market with a constant number of consumers.

I just read someone brought forth the argument that this might drive newbies away, this collides with my interpretation of the word "newbie" though. I'd say that most newbies, if they do, leave the first day or week they come here. Long before rosots even come into their focus.

So, that's it. Looking forward to getting flamed to death

yours truely,

Elgoran.

so loosing 20kgc or $5 a pop wasnt dreadful enough ? I get it thats a freaking excellent point in fact while were at it why dont we increase breakrates to like 1 in 2 chance of completely breaking every time you get hit ?

thats really dreadful and would definately make people stop and think before even bothering to log into EL

im seriously disapointed with this Rosto move , especially done by someone like Learner who I thought was more concerned about the game than is apparent by buying all rostos and raising the prices

personally I cant really afford to be buying rostos with $$ so im unable to flood the game with them but tbh thats a fucking crass move if thats what this is all about

*edit* and if the point was to make someone angry well im not really angry but I do think that you have abused your position in the game greatly by doing this. People obviously give you mass amounts of GC in return for your other game services and to use this and your obvious domination of the EL lottery to artificially raise prices is disgusting. Gratz.

Edited by Ateh

2.1. Reviving the "careful guy"-perk. I don't believe anyone took that with rostos at 20k.

No fighter will use 5 pickpoints to decrease chance of dropping items from 50 to 40%