Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Should Ants start PK's?

Should the Ants be willing to start more fights in PK maps if they don't like you?

Currently the Ants only attack players on PK maps in helping other Ants fight off attackers or it's an enemy ant guild. The Ants do track if they like someone based on several of that players actions with them (Trade, Heal, Kill, BeKilled, etc), so using this information Ants could decide to attack a player. Should they?

Each colony of Ant's has it's own memory, so you could be friends with one anthill, and enemies with another. They track if they win or lose fights to players and to guild tags. It doesn't bother them to be attacked, but they don't like getting killed.

Discuss the good and the bad points with this ...

Well, the ants are all week... so would it matter if they attacked or not? because most people that go into pk maps are strong, or have dis rings with them.

Yes, the Ants are weak, but there isn't anything stopping players from trying to train on them more or donate items to them to help them level faster. Currently it seems most PK'rs would rather just Serp them, so they don't get much of a chance to level.

As a dedicated non-pker with no vested interest this would be fun - imagine the horror of a player being invisible to pk unsuspecting players when every ant in range runs at him screaming "We're gonna rip your pigging head off - this may take us a while however."

Sounds like fun :hug:

And if they don't want that to happen then they'd better start being nice to the bots \o/

Yes. I think ants should pk. Based upon:

a) who has been nice to them

:hug: who has been mean or killed them

If they don't know of someone they shouldn't attack them.

They should continue to attack to help other ants. And they should attack people who they know pk them.

Maybe they can even help those who are nice to them (might be too hard though). Those who help them, heal them, trade with them....

Guest Trojan_Knight

Let the ants have they're revenge.. I think it would in some ways help make more pk.

The ants roam just about everywhere. So that would mean that even some of the larger ants could roam into dp areana's for example. Which could help train some of the lower leveled chars in the aspects of being attacked possibly. And how to deal with the attack.

On the other side, you have kf, and "if" a ants became huge in a/d levels. Then the idea of being "surprised" double teamed+ could bring a tad bit more entertainment to pk in some areas.

Down side I think would be basically some people may complain. "I tried to dis and flee from so and so but a ant attacked me as i was doing so and because of so, so and so was able to kill me, wtf" kind of bs that some people will or probally may say.

Overall, I think it would be a great addition to the game.

I do have 1 question though. If you wanted to help a random ant train a/d. How would you do so, with out the ant "thinking" that your only trying to kill him? So the s/he wouldn't add you to her/his personal pk list.

~me

I do have 1 question though. If you wanted to help a random ant train a/d. How would you do so, with out the ant "thinking" that your only trying to kill him? So the s/he wouldn't add you to her/his personal pk list.
Summoning stones?

Guest Trojan_Knight
Summoning stones?

If the summon has your tag. Do the ants register guild A for example is trying to attack our guildie ant and thus want to add your guild to they're pk list? Cuz if not, then I think your idea Lab is probally the only workable suggestion lol..

~me

Let the ants have they're revenge.. I think it would in some ways help make more pk.

The ants roam just about everywhere. So that would mean that even some of the larger ants could roam into dp areana's for example. Which could help train some of the lower leveled chars in the aspects of being attacked possibly. And how to deal with the attack.

On the other side, you have kf, and "if" a ants became huge in a/d levels. Then the idea of being "surprised" double teamed+ could bring a tad bit more entertainment to pk in some areas.

Down side I think would be basically some people may complain. "I tried to dis and flee from so and so but a ant attacked me as i was doing so and because of so, so and so was able to kill me, wtf" kind of bs that some people will or probally may say.

Overall, I think it would be a great addition to the game.

~me

Summoning stones?

Summoning stones?

If the summon has your tag. Do the ants register guild A for example is trying to attack our guildie ant and thus want to add your guild to they're pk list? Cuz if not, then I think your idea Lab is probally the only workable suggestion lol..

~me

I've updated my first post, addseom a little more detail:

They track if they win or lose fights to players and to guild tags. It doesn't bother them to be attacked, but they don't like getting killed.

Guest Trojan_Knight

Nice Learner!.. I may need to help them out some time.. Cuz well, these days I'm helpful :hug:

They'd need to be able to use magic (not nessecary offensive, just defensive like shield/restore/heal/MI) or else they wouldn't last very long at all against anyone in PK.

Otherwise I like the idea, though wouldn't 99% of guilds eventually end up on the ant's kill list?

Also, I'm confused by training. Assuming I summon something for the ants to fight in PK (risky), how do I make them diss once the attack/defence rolls run out? Do I have to heal both the ant/summon? Moreover, would they even get any attack exp? And finally, won't it be a little expensive to buy stones to train the higher levelled ants (like, fluffy?)?

All in all it seems like a good idea, just not sure how we'd go about making it worthwhile.

Maybe they can even help those who are nice to them (might be too hard though). Those who help them, heal them, trade with them....

Hello,

Actually, I like this idea. Like Labrat, I'm a non-pker so it really doesn't concern me much. However, if it makes sense for them to get mad at people who kill them, it also makes sense for the them to rescue people who they really like a lot. "Someones attacking our friend! To the rescue!!" I might start building my reputation with the ants just for fun. =)

The_Saxman (Jayim_Duinara)

Member of TAG

Edited by The_Saxman

I just thought, this reminds me more than a little of WanderingIdiot

/wanderingidiot where is joker?

I am not going to tell you because you have PK'd me/haven't healed me

:hug:

I would really like to see ants PK my alts because they figured out they are my alts :hug: (same guild)

Plus it would be nice if they could defend their ant hill when lower leveled players (that have killed ants in the past / hostile guild) try to snitch away those shiny coins.

---------------------

PK SERVER

Great idea IMO.

but still they're a litle weak..

Maybe they could have some better stats/attri/perks?

Or at least the Queens? :hug:

~Fry

Great idea IMO.

Or at least the Queens? :hug:

~Fry

All of their stats they have earned. Currently I have a hold on them using PP's or the Queen would have used her last 12 right away. As for perks, they have some, but which ones they have I don't publish. Check out their page for more info: http://el.other-life.com/ants.html if you're wondering about some of the stats, including what books they have read.

Great idea IMO.

Or at least the Queens? :brooding:

~Fry

All of their stats they have earned. Currently I have a hold on them using PP's or the Queen would have used her last 12 right away. As for perks, they have some, but which ones they have I don't publish. Check out their page for more info: http://el.other-life.com/ants.html if you're wondering about some of the stats, including what books they have read.

But why does FireAnt_Queen not restore?

I did gave her some health essence's once but it just doesn't restore etc.

Or it hasn't got the sigils?

It has magic level 35 so ye :confused:

~Fry

Edited by Fryslan

Great idea IMO.

Or at least the Queens? :brooding:

~Fry

But why does FireAnt_Queen not restore?

I did gave her some health essence's once but it just doesn't restore etc.

Or it hasn't got the sigils?

It has magic level 35 so ye :confused:

~Fry

The Ants don't use magic yet. She only has that level because it used to be a players character. I need to help make sure that they can get essences regularly enough before it's worth the effort to let them cast spells. They can't depend on only players. Yes, the Ants will make essences, but their logic sometimes works against essences being made (i.e. they get distracted harvesting food instead of going and finding the essence ingredients).