Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atlantis

Option for Disable Drop All

Sometimes I accidently scroll over the drop all button, and if you move off that bag it can suck. I would like an option to disable button, I rarely use it and it is just an inconvience

Yeah this happend to mo also 2-3 times.

Once i pressed that button in mm store. I went to cave, and found out I lost my fr cape.

When i came back to store, I saw my bag lying between 20 people, with cape in it :P .

Little thing though....

Yeah this happend to mo also 2-3 times.

Once i pressed that button in mm store. I went to cave, and found out I lost my fr cape.

When i came back to store, I saw my bag lying between 20 people, with cape in it :D .

Little thing though....

not so little if you are pking and you have thermal serp etc. in your inv :o Yes, I almost dropped mine :P

When i came back to store, I saw my bag lying between 20 people, with cape in it :D .
not so little if you are pking and you have thermal serp etc. in your inv :o Yes, I almost dropped mine :P

Haha, I can beat both those. I dropped my mod cloak @ IP veggie patch while testing a drop-all bug... and managed to get it nicked by a self-confessed scammer/robber.

/edit: For clarification, this is just to show we need to be careful, not to endorse removing such a feature. It is very handy when used correctly.

Edited by Torg

Guest Anatoliy

I have nearly done this myself, by scrolling the mouse wheel over the button... And when I'm moving my char around and examining my inventory at the same time, this seems like a dangerous feature. Having said that, I don't think it should be removed, just made so that scrolling the button won't activate it, or allowing the button to be removed in options for people who really don't want the feature.

Id like to see this disabled as well. The other night I was sitting in Nc storage and had the makings for polishing 100 diamonds in my inv. I got up to go get a drink and my 4 year old (who is facinated with EL) got hold of my mouse and clicked drop all then moved me off the bag. When I came back some idiot was helping himself. Thankfully I had deposited my CoL and rost just before :S

Edited by LadyWolf

yes me n smooms hated it also, u press it rare but if u drop things, its a rostogol or any other exp item ;(

Id like to see this disabled as well. The other night I was sitting in Nc storage and had the makings for polishing 100 diamonds in my inv. I got up to go get a drink and my 4 year old (who is facinated with EL) got hold of my mouse and clicked drop all then moved me off the bag. When I came back some idiot was helping himself. Thankfully I had deposited my CoL and rost just before :S

oh sure, blame it on your 4 year old... usual excuse! :P

If one manage to drop ones thermal serp and other stuff at once and manage not to get it up - :D one deserve losing this stuff.

If one manage to drop ones thermal serp and other stuff at once and manage not to get it up - :D one deserve losing this stuff.
You missed the point. If you are fighting and you move your mouse over to go use a potion, and you accidently scroll at the same time, everything will be dropped. I don't use this button, I don't intend to, and it causes more problems for me than solutions. Thats why I want an option to have it disabled, you don't have to disable it if you don't want to...

I don't think it should be removed, just made so that scrolling the button won't activate it
well, if this part was done, would that be enough for most people? (I don't know why it should work, for most buttons'n'stuff, the scroll buttons aren't used as a click, so it'd be more consistent to boot)

Well, that would work for me. Doesn't seem too complicated to remove though, it doesn't need to be removed from the interface, just the action needs to be ignored.

okay, unless someone says otherwise soon, I'll commit the change so that the drop-all button can only be activated with a left click

unless you have a CVS client, you won't see changes until next version, of course

okay, unless someone says otherwise soon, I'll commit the change so that the drop-all button can only be activated with a left click

unless you have a CVS client, you won't see changes until next version, of course

Thankyou :P Could you possibly create an option to disable this function completely in your el.ini file, for those who don't want to use it at all? I know thats a bit more complicated...so it can wait :hug:

also verry anoying CAST works with scrolling too

i hate to waste healing when i dont need it

Could you possibly create an option to disable this function completely in your el.ini file, for those who don't want to use it at all? I know thats a bit more complicated...so it can wait :P
it's not that it's complicated, it's more that I don't want to add config options unless they're needed. this should cut down a lot on the accidental clicks, so it shouldn't be a big problem anymore
also verry anoying CAST works with scrolling too
I won't be changing this one, not right now, anyway. I'm told that some people have reason to want buttons to be activated by the scrolling.

in the case of drop-all, it's a serious impact, and not something you'd need to repeat (which scrolling may do), so it's added only there

Yes, absolutly has to be made. It's well annoying to drop ALL of your stuff on a well ordered inventory, set up for training or PKing.

DropAll is probably more dangerous then helpful.
it might have been more handy back in the bagtrade days... is there much use for it at all nowadays?

as in, should it be removed instead of limited to left-click-only?

I don't think I've ever used "drop all", I wouldn't mind a "deposit all" in it's place though.

DropAll is probably more dangerous then helpful.
it might have been more handy back in the bagtrade days... is there much use for it at all nowadays?

as in, should it be removed instead of limited to left-click-only?

I use it when carrying something for someone else to sell at an NPC but only if no other people are around. How about having an "all" button on trades and then you can click items until a "B" appears and they go in a bag? Or an option to allow trade overflow to go into a bag?

EDIT: ooo what Aislinn said too :)

EDIT 2: and i'll look into making the changes if anyone likes the ideas.

EDIT 3: something like this:

trade5kg.jpg

Edited by Bharain

I don't think it should be removed, just made so that scrolling the button won't activate it
well, if this part was done, would that be enough for most people? (I don't know why it should work, for most buttons'n'stuff, the scroll buttons aren't used as a click, so it'd be more consistent to boot)

I always wondered why the scroll wheel did this anyway. Its silly to me. Would be nice (and would prevent problems such as this) to remove the ability to activate GUI items using the scroll wheel.