Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ozmondius

Server Update Suggestions

Raptors,
these would make use of the cockatrice skin / model to save work in making a new art piece as that seems to be a big thing in the past.
these will be natural yellow monsters like the trice is, they dont ignore anyone, level or perks
they have a high a/d, should be hard to kill for a single player,
they should have speed hax permanent,
Drop? not important from my side, see 'reason for addition'
Placement, somewhere like ROT past, or other non daily map, the number of mobs would be like the density of 6 per size of ROT,

Reason for adding them, these on ROT Past will make for an interesting helper to invasions, being a yellow / natural monster, they will respawn rather than poof like a red top / invasion mob does,

Special ability, this might be the hard part requiring coding that might not exist or be possible?, the ability to know when another mob is in combat with a player, other nearby ones use the known location as a beacon and head to that square, like they do for range attacks.
During an invasion i can see these mobs being a right pita if the power level is set right so that if they mob a player they are something to be fearful of.

Another nice addition would be to have a building dedicated to those who have passed away in real life. Maybe have a room or building dedicated to it, filled with statues you can click on which reads their names. 

Unicorn Dung and/or LDB scales to reduce instance hours, or regenerate action points.

A continuous (optional) counter for use while in instance

Phoenix form upgraded with speed hax and reduce creature food consumption

New boss mob, that switches who it is attacking mid fight - would eliminate a single person tanking.

Edited by mattyu

In WTF, please make it an outside map so we can ride horses in it.  It's a long walk to the casty from the beginning.  (Interestingly, it still does rain in there.) :P

Fix the summoning commands to actually work.  I.E.  "Summon only my opponent"

Allow the "Summoned Creatures" Tab to not auto close after selecting an option.

On 23.8.2023 at 3:36 AM, Aislinn said:

In WTF, please make it an outside map so we can ride horses in it.  It's a long walk to the casty from the beginning.  (Interestingly, it still does rain in there.) :P

It rains for me in all instanz maps regardless of inside or outside

Rain is set by the .def file and not whether a map is set as an inside or outside map. So that would just have to be changed on the server-side .def file.

On 9/13/2023 at 12:54 AM, Acelon said:

Rain is set by the .def file and not whether a map is set as an inside or outside map. So that would just have to be changed on the server-side .def file.

But riding horses...

How about Greater Feasting Potions that pop a little faster than EMPs.  They could give 100 food with no cooldown.  Great if you save them up for high food items on Joule's Days.

Hello again.
I think being able to remove people from your buddy list while they are offline is a feature that's needed.

Nevermind, apparently there's a specific way to do it that works.

Edited by Nekot

So a veteran on 6 was talking about wanting more substantial updates for longer term players who're maxed out or nearly maxed out. So i figured I'd got post some ideas even if they're bad.

Maybe a Newgame+ (repeatable) option, Players can reset their skills for various bonuses, maybe like 1% xp bonus per skill over 100 or something, along with some additional perks and achievements. 

A new fishing skill similar to harvesting that uses consumable items that can be found while harvesting along with tools that can be created through crafting or manufacturing to gather fish that could possibly be used in new alchemy recipes or maybe crafting a new food type, or something else.

I'll probably edit this post if I come  up with more ideas.

Uses for EEE and Obsidian:  making earth dragon armors.  Yes, a new dragon.  This one could be in Kusamura and in Grubani Plain or Thelinor.  Obsidian could be harvested in Thelinor in some area that is PK.  Obsidian could be used in making an Earth Dragon Shield or Earth Dragon Gloves.  The earth dragon shield could give limited night vision, increased camouflage or both of those.  I would suggest camoflage and invisibility be different effects.  Invisibility is magic but camoflage is a physical system that would not be broken by magic.

Irilium and obsidian could be ingredients for hydro rings.

ability to pause reading a book,,,,,,and be able to continue to finish it on a **special ** day...also be able to kick a player from guild / reduce rank if player not in game

Edited by the_grud

Regarding new tokens:

cyclops token:  gives the user true sight for 5 minutes

sslessar token:  for 3 minutes, when ranging or in melee, gives the user a 5% chance to inflict stackable poison (like toadstools) for each hit on the opponent

little pink dragon token:  gives the user +10 magic resistance for 3 minutes

leprechaun token:  for 30 minutes gives the user +50% gold drops and +25% chance for rare drops

An additional idea:  For players who have maxed att and/or def, instead of the exp amount above your head each hit or dodge (which you no longer get), substitute the words "hit" and "dodge" or something similar so that you can still keep track of your combat efficiency.

At some point the default when you log in was changed so that your summons don't attack (I think it was when the indicators on the bottom of the HUD were added for summons).  The default should be attack at will or your previously set summoning mode.

Edited by Ozmondius