Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Custom Clothing

Official Custom Clothing  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Custom Clothing if it's official?

• No, not interested in any custom clothing.
    • No, I use the unofficial one and probably always will.
    • I would use it however it works(even if it's just to view not to purchase).
    • I would only use it if it works a certain way, otherwise not interested.
  2. 2. How would you like it to work if you'd use it?

• I would use it if it worked just like the unofficial ones.(all clothes customizable)
    • Only special "custom" clothing items customizable. This way you can still see all official items.
    • Only allow some official items customizable(such as cloaks, maybe shields too)
    • Other (describe your idea below)

Ok I'm making a small poll here in having an official Custom Clothing service, and how you'd like it to work if so. I'm not saying we're definitely going to do this, it's just to see if there's any interest.

You would have to pay to have your stuff uploaded, no idea on the price atm-suggestions are fine. The custom graphics would all have to be approved as well.

I like the idea of guild logos or colors on items.That can be bought etc.

I do not like the unoffical items like we have now with batman costumes, etc.

I would vote for freely customizable, but filterd by player feedback. That way you can have OOC stuff for an event like a halloween party but be able to turn off the stuff that obviously does not belong, or is just bad.

I know other MMOs sell costumes and have a special costume inventory slot slot for them. That way you can keep your weapon and armor stats, but still have the look of the particular costume. These are disabled in the PVP areas.

In the past i had unofficial custom clothing turned on, but after some time it just got ridiculous with people running around in weird "clothes", ruining the overall look of EL, so i turned it off.

I would appreciate an official service exactly because of the point i made.

What i see as a must (from my point of view) is that official custom clothing would have to be approved (disallowing customizations that do not fit into the game).

No problem with all wearable items being customizable as far as it's clear what kind of item you're wearing. So we don't end up seeing somebody in augs but in reality it's a custom ID armor :)

The problem with unofficial customization was that you never knew what armor or cloak your opponent was wearing. It's really annoying to fight someone with custom armor and cloak when you have no idea what (s)he's really wearing. That's the main reason why I turned the custom clothing off.

If that problem was be solved, I would at least view the custom clothing. Maybe get some for myself too.

The problem with unofficial customization was that you never knew what armor or cloak your opponent was wearing. It's really annoying to fight someone with custom armor and cloak when you have no idea what (s)he's really wearing. That's the main reason why I turned the custom clothing off.

If that problem was be solved, I would at least view the custom clothing. Maybe get some for myself too.

If custom clothing means logos on capes and/or shields, then yes, sounds nice. However seeing Batman or Spiderman in EL will ruin my game. :icon4:

Edited by Devnul

I wouldn't mind custom clothing as long as it is done properly, by people who know how to make it look good. Screenshots I've seen with samples of player-made clothing discourage me from using a system like it. Quite many of the designs I've seen are simply gross. (Mind, this is my personal opinion).

On the other hand I'd love to see much more fashion items in game. Items designed by skilled people, like Roja and some others.

Sadly not something I am interested in like those above seen too many scary costumes in screenshots.

Had to vote other on the second option as it would not let me not vote!

i have one question though. those of us who already paid sir odie that already have customs that are not batman etc do they get to keep it up as offical or does every one i mean everyone have to start all over ?

I would use it but with restrictions and i think it would be something to use on the cloaks (no change of color on them but add a pic text or something) and shields (the shape is diffrent between the tit shield and the steel/iron shields so anything goes with the tit shield but since the iron and steel shield has the same shape altering it too much would make it hard to recognice for others looking at it)

i voted for use (obviously), but of course it means keeping to the ratings of the game. i.e., no more blatant copying of other games' designs (a few modifications are welcome), no more sexy stuff...

more like an enhancement of the current in-game designs, like a shade brighter or darker, depending on the player's personal character. logos and text are welcome, and of course no more flat colors. my purpose of designing customs is to make the player unique in most aspects, for the player to gain more prestige and recognition among their peers. this also applies to guilds.

but for purchasing, does it mean we have to pay in $$? if so, then i am no too keen on this. paying in gc is fine, as hard-earned RL $$ is just what it is - hard-earned, no offense meant.

I wont mind it, but I must agree here.. some of the Custom Clothing are just.. no way to look at it. I got few myself Done by Mister Nardo, but he knows my taste and keeps all my Custom Clothing near the way they look in the game as normal. I dont like big changes and I wanna know what i wear is good taste and not just some Movie Hero or god knows what else.. as i have seen. No offence to anyone in special but...Miiks is right , you do get confused about what the other wears. :confused:

i have one question though. those of us who already paid sir odie that already have customs that are not batman etc do they get to keep it up as offical or does every one i mean everyone have to start all over ?

You can still use the Unofficial server. You can switch between the 2 whenever. However you won't see them both at the same time. If you want your stuff on the Official server you'd have to get it approved and pay for it separately.

but for purchasing, does it mean we have to pay in $$? if so, then i am no too keen on this. paying in gc is fine, as hard-earned RL $$ is just what it is - hard-earned, no offense meant.

Yes it would be a rl$ fee, as it takes time to get the file from you, approve it, upload it to the server, do the functions to "turn it on", make sure everything works ok, not to mention it's a resource on the server and the server costs $$ every month.

If it does go offical, I would probably use it, I think it could add some nice touches to the game. I personaly do not use the un-offical one, I found it....distracting.

I think its a nice idea for the people who don't like to see the OOC bits in game like strippers and hippies. Some of the unofficial customs are nicely done with texture and color gradient and some are just people turning bits of armor flat colors in 3 places and thinking it looks awesome so it would be nice to have a choice as to which you look at. At first I was going to vote for just capes and shields but then I remembered how nice some of the clothes can look with little touches added to them and how neat blood splattered armor looks, so I picked - Only special "custom" clothing items customizable. This way you can still see all official items.

Would there be pricing for an entire guilds customs like sir odie has now or if your whole guild wants the same cape and shield do you all have to pay individually?

I'd also like to see some customization on general appearance. Obesity upgrade for example or epic ugliness. Peg leg. Currently we are limited to +/- % size.

I would love to see this officially supported and would be glad to help anyway I can. I would also love to see a service available from the el shop for small simple designs made by Roja (or someone approved at least) that way while we can all have (to a limit of course) our own styles, they would also fit into the style of the game.

Btw - Roja still waiting on that witches hat :P

I love custom clothes, but I do think that they should all fit into the theme of the game, cartoons and modern clothing just dont do it for me. Please whatever server keep it in character. I too would like to see more customs to make the chars more indivdual eg: curly hair

@ Dib, nothing wrong with a bit off sexy clothing as long as the character is maintained, you certainly made a lot of gc from them. Kids see far more at any beach in RL or in movies like Narnia, LOTRS etc than a well designed and in character piece of customised clothing.

Edited by Starlite

I agree with the idea that the custom version of the item should not hide what the item is. Augmented leather should look like augmented leather. Dragon armor should look like dragon armor.

I agree that spiderman doesn't fit the theme of the game. Neither does iron man. If something clashes that much with the theme of the game, it should at least cost more to implement it officially. I am sure that those using custom clothing could still see the official custom clothing because I am sure that the unofficial custom clothing mirrors would copy from the official custom clothing as well as the other unofficial ones.

With official custom clothing, there could be control over what the newbs (that don't know or have not tried to get the unnoficial custom clothing set up) get to see and there would be more potential financial support for the game. Both are important.

I would love to see this officially supported and would be glad to help anyway I can. I would also love to see a service available from the el shop for small simple designs made by Roja (or someone approved at least) that way while we can all have (to a limit of course) our own styles, they would also fit into the style of the game.

And a Wizzy hat (Wizard's) ;)

With official custom clothing, there could be control over what the newbs (that don't know or have not tried to get the unnoficial custom clothing set up) get to see and there would be more potential financial support for the game. Both are important.

Aye. This is an epic product that markets itself, imo it'd be foolish not to make it into an official service. When a newb meets a titanium shield, they want one because it looks good. If a guild has official capes and other items that show off their guild values, a newcomer is more interested in the guild and might become more committed to the community.

Just look at the =HC= bloody iron set (years back, dunno if it's still there, tho gotta love the design), it tells more of the group than some #guild_info.

And a Wizzy hat (Wizard's) ;)

yer and some...

umm...

hmm...

korroded armor... :pinch:

damn it dunt work :mean:

Hi,

I liked it when the unofficial ones first came out, but soon got tired of it. Designs on shields and capes denoting guilds looked nice. However, not being able to tell what someone is wearing was a pain (and I don't pk). Some of the outfits were odd to say the least.

I wouldn't mind some more clothes (if you knew they were clothes) and I had somewhere is storage to keep them (cos I don't at the moment).

I could really use some different boots.

-- Zoot

I didn't have the option on because i am on dial up, and it was constantly downloading the images, lol. Some looked really nice though. I didn't get a chance to see a whole lot of them.

So I really don't know if I should vote or not >.>

If I want a change in an item, I will just change it, normally I shift clothing around, or recolor them, for personal use (I did this with the mules because I really don't like the ordinary colors other than black <3)

I didn't have the option on because i am on dial up, and it was constantly downloading the images, lol.

I worked on that this year, Sir_Odie helped testing. Now only changed files are downloaded. Of course you need a client newer than the current official one for that feature.

Edited by Xaphier