Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luciferx

Raise the maximum # of simultaneous instances

First off for all the haters - I am NOT an instance farmer i only do one a week maximum unless there is a no break day then i might do 2...

My instance group today could not get in an instance because too many other groups were in them.. over time as more players gain levels this will happen a lot more frequently so I suggest the maximum # of simultaneous pr0 level instances be raised.

LuciferX.

Another way to fix this issue would be to remove the red scales/serpent stone and invasion token's ability to decrease cooldown.

Or at least limit it so you can only remove only 40% of the instance's required cooldown.

I agree with luciferx, i mean what negative impact could the raising of maximum # of simultaneous instance have?

Maybe increase the waiting time to enter instance again to balance things up, or like raytray said, limit the decreasing items.

I agree with luciferx, i mean what negative impact could the raising of maximum # of simultaneous instance have?

Maybe increase the waiting time to enter instance again to balance things up, or like raytray said, limit the decreasing items.

if you raise the number of simultaneous instances... that means;

-More people going into instances, getting drops

-More things available from the bigger boss drops i.e. stones/oranges -HOARDERS-...

-gold farmers, they make real life $$ from gc, where do the profits go? certainly not to Ent...

you buy a $200 char (1 weeks worth of work maybe more?) in a month you got 3x +++ that from farming those insta... easy...

If all of the top players, sorted it out so they there was some kind of rota system to allow people to enter the instance at their given time... just communication in general....

But on the otherhand, I like the idea of balancing it too...

-My two pence :D

Edited by _iNvoKeD

I have to agree with lucifer. I don't do a lot of instances and have had to sit and wait. You have a few people doing several a day. i do lile raytrays idea

Edited by CherUT

Just double the cost of entry to instance each time you do it under number of hours allowed. Have the costs stack like poisons.

Do u think that gold farmers honestly do instances? have y read unofficial forums to see who is selling gold 90% of the time?

Instances should be free of limits like time/ groups inside etc

You have to understand that instances atm (since there is no real pk action) is moving the market

1. more essence/ pots are used

2. more armor breakages

3. more rostogols

also prices of oranges/rdholm/bronze swords have dropped to a level that u can take the perk or wear rdholm all the time without worring about breakages

Making instances more accessible to all will make the game more interested and believe me prices will drop more

Edited by Mistral

Do u think that gold farmers honestly do instances? have y read unofficial forums to see who is selling gold 90% of the time?

Instances should be free of limits like time/ groups inside etc

You have to understand that instances atm (since there is no real pk action) is moving the market

1. more essence/ pots are used

2. more armor breakages

3. more rostogols

also prices of oranges/rdholm/bronze swords have dropped to a level that u can take the perk or wear rdholm all the time without worring about breakages

Making instances more accessible to all will make the game more interested and believe me prices will drop more

Could not have said it better myself.

I myself AM an instance farmer. Proud of it too.

While at first when I started doing this if we got RDHOLAM's, I could make a nice profit, as of right now it's not so much.

Instancing is the next best thing I have to PK and I can't even begin to tell you how fast I burn through HE. Instead of people seeing it as a golden opportunity to sell their SR/HE and make a nice profit, they complain and whine about how easy and rich doing an instance is. A touch of lag, a disconnect at the wrong time, a missplaced mirror hit, a few too many mobs, or generally anything can cause a death and an automatic 35k~ deduction to your profit. Then with the rising cost of scales and the greed of players who don't instance wanting more and more GC to act as a stand in it also diminishes profit. Then if the drops aren't that good we can walk out with 30kgc each and an orange. The orange being in my opinion paying for the cost of the token/scales (used to until hike in tokens/scales) 30kgc for a bit over an hour of fighting killing. Take out he/sr usage, breakages and you see 25k~ profit.

Back to topic, I'd have to agree with LuciferX. This would be a good positive idea.

Agree with Luci's suggestion, but would like to add:

While at first when I started doing this if we got RDHOLAM's, I could make a nice profit, as of right now it's not so much.

the sell price of those helms have drastically dropped because of what again? overfarming. I'm not saying people that enjoy doing multiple runs a day shouldn't be able to, but it's a logical consequence.

Instancing is the next best thing I have to PK and I can't even begin to tell you how fast I burn through HE. Instead of people seeing it as a golden opportunity to sell their SR/HE and make a nice profit, they complain and whine about how easy and rich doing an instance is. A touch of lag, a disconnect at the wrong time, a missplaced mirror hit, a few too many mobs, or generally anything can cause a death and an automatic 35k~ deduction to your profit. Then with the rising cost of scales and the greed of players who don't instance wanting more and more GC to act as a stand in it also diminishes profit. Then if the drops aren't that good we can walk out with 30kgc each and an orange. The orange being in my opinion paying for the cost of the token/scales (used to until hike in tokens/scales) 30kgc for a bit over an hour of fighting killing. Take out he/sr usage, breakages and you see 25k~ profit.

I won't get into the whole overpriced/underpriced thing but instead of complaining about the people you guys so respectfully call 'enters' wanting more for helping you out, maybe you should be thankfull that people are even bothering to go out of their way to let you in. If nobody were to put themselves up for it, you would have to go with bigger teams and get even less.

Oh and for the record: I'm doing the same instance as you are. I know how hard and costly it is. I still think you're making a way bigger fuss than is needed. spend one hour of the time you now spend semi idling at DPA on gathering or mixing stuff and you're good to go. Didn't buy any mixing skills with your char? level them ^^.

Agree with Luci's suggestion, but would like to add:

the sell price of those helms have drastically dropped because of what again? overfarming. I'm not saying people that enjoy doing multiple runs a day shouldn't be able to, but it's a logical consequence.

Disagree why price has dropped - they used to be more expensive than CoL but after breakage factor was adjusted (increased, does it ever do anything else?) price dropped.

Then if the drops aren't that good we can walk out with 30kgc each and an orange. The orange being in my opinion paying for the cost of the token/scales (used to until hike in tokens/scales) 30kgc for a bit over an hour of fighting killing. Take out he/sr usage, breakages and you see 25k~ profit.

sorry I failed at finding an issue with making 25kgc an hour profit ? Any other activity in EL produce this kind of GC ? Ummm .........

But back to the OP raising number of available instances sounds like a good idea if you have people just out to have some fun who cant get in due to OCD types

Put both Luci's and Ray's suggestions together sounds like the best solution imo

Increase the number of teams that can enter at the same time and raise the amount of time you have to wait to be able to enter again/decrease the abillety to remove the waiting time to a sertain level.

but instead of complaining about the people you guys so respectfully call 'enters' wanting more for helping you out

I know that term seems a bit derogatory but for me at least it's just a matter or efficiency/laziness, saying "got enter" is just faster than saying "So_and_so is going to help us to enter". I certainly mean no disrespect, I'm very appreciative of people helping us to enter instances and i don't begrudge paying them for their time at all.