Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wizzy

Dragon armors

Dragon armors repair  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should dragon armors be able to be repaired using dragon scales?

• Yes
    • No

Radu asked if we could make poll if dragon scales could be used to repair dragon armors

So here it is!

[edited by radu]: This is not at all what Radu asked. I asked if you want the dragon armors be repairable by using scales, at the cost of having them break much more often. So the poll is invalid.

If your going to repair something like dragon armor, the cost should probably include a dragon scale or two. They aren't going to have that sitting around their shop!

If your going to repair something like dragon armor, the cost should probably include a dragon scale or two. They aren't going to have that sitting around their shop!

Yes scales are to be used, and according to radu, he is looking at using manufature skill for repairing these items

great change for mixers, aslong as others pay for it..

need to replace dragon armors more or repair them, in the end its fighters who pay for it, another thing to add to our list of expenses, will we be compensated for it?

no cuz then its yelling and whining that fighters will be overpowered ^^

need to replace dragon armors more or repair them, in the end its fighters who pay for it, another thing to add to our list of expenses, will we be compensated for it?

Actually, repairing the armor should help lower the cost to the players because it'll take less items to repair then to make it new!

Always with this fighters vs. mixers crap like some toddler with a noisy toy. :medieval:

But yeah, agree w/ Learner - and there should potentially be upward pressure on the price of dragon scales, so fighters who farm instances or whatever end up benefiting from that as well.

I think you missed the point

This is designed to help out fighters 1 or 2 scales (currently 2-3k each on market, to repair a 150k + plate is nice is it not?

If you dont like this, please give me all your damaged dragon parts, I will recycle them for you

The problem I see with this is that the repairing through tankel and heavybeard had a constant percentage of fail.

With this change, we may have an inflated market of dragon armors. (As if now isn't inflated already)

no brainer, of course Dragon Armors should be able to be prepared * nerd nerd *

yes. not only is it nice from the RPG view and the skilled players (here manuers), i also think that increased possibilities are good for the market.

Of course the amount of scales and the other details must be balanced, but that can be adjusted after some experience.

:(

100% yes, suggested something similar in February, and still think it's a great idea, and benificial to a large part of the EL community.

Actually, repairing the armor should help lower the cost to the players because it'll take less items to repair then to make it new!

but radu did say he will increase breakrate aswell

besides, demand for scales goes up, price increases, manuer will charge you for it

Edited by Infamous

but radu did say he will increase breakrate aswell

besides, demand for scales goes up, price increases, manuer will charge you for it

And who cares? If pp's buying is ok, why not give the manuers some extra gc? I mean, its not the pk is expensive and all, since you guys have even gc to buy pickpoints for over a million gc, 20k to fix an armor won't hurt much your pocket.

I voted yes and I would love to attempt to repair for anyone that asks and supplies the scales.

I assume that since this would be a mixing task, that saving stones will be used. If so, good, I can charge 1K gc insurance on it too.

Any idea what level dragon armor repairs would be?

I voted yes and I would love to attempt to repair for anyone that asks and supplies the scales.

I assume that since this would be a mixing task, that saving stones will be used. If so, good, I can charge 1K gc insurance on it too.

Any idea what level dragon armor repairs would be?

Iirc radu mentioned manu level of around 60 on channel 6. Someone correct if I'm wrong or there's more info on it.

hmm which fighter has a nice storage by doing their skill while not spending $?

if you know who they are then say who, cause im in the dark here

and yes lorck, more can be made from trices, but more can be lost aswell. tit plate/greaves/cuisses/CoL/MoL/shield/OS/Rost for like 15k gc an hour. oh, and the 4k worth of Sr/He needs to be deducted from it aswell.

besides that you train to pk, deduct that from that 15k an hour aswell.

the only reason some fighters are uber rich is cause they got lucky to be able to train yeti when they still dropped tit armor, and could find like 3-5 NMT a month

now its kinda balanced cause drops got significantly lowered since then, andn ow u add expenses to our already big list of expenses.

how about increase drops again to cover for it?

and i know a few more mixers who could have storages like that, but they sell millions worth of gc often. no wonder u dont have much gc then

hmm which fighter has a nice storage by doing their skill while not spending $?
Many sells gc or buy pickpoints, then they have lots of gc to spare. And again, i don't care if they spend $, and it seems you don't care either, since many of your allies are gc sellers/gc buyers/pp buyers.
and yes lorck, more can be made from trices, but more can be lost aswell. tit plate/greaves/cuisses/CoL/MoL/shield/OS/Rost for like 15k gc an hour. oh, and the 4k worth of Sr/He needs to be deducted from it aswell.
Yes, you lose every kind of armor every hour... bah, i would happily trade my 4k i make from harvesting for like 7k per hour fighting (and gaining ridiculous amounts of exp) and risking lose some stuff.
the only reason some fighters are uber rich is cause they got lucky to be able to train yeti when they still dropped tit armor, and could find like 3-5 NMT a month
It used to be like 3-5NMT a week. ^^ I made tons of gc a time, spent everything on pk (rostos, giant stones, orange spam gear), and people say pk is expensive now (of course its expensive, you have to save money for millions to buy pps).
now its kinda balanced cause drops got significantly lowered since then, andn ow u add expenses to our already big list of expenses.

how about increase drops again to cover for it?

You must be joking.
and i know a few more mixers who could have storages like that, but they sell millions worth of gc often. no wonder u dont have much gc then
I know much more fighters who sell gc than mixers.

lorck, you have been back to game for about a week now and you know all..

who are my allies/friends? you dont know, proves your first argument false

alot of pp buyers are enemies, i dont cry that they are ebul pp buyers, no i work my ass off to use whats available to them too and beat em

2nd, then go fight lorck, you are at the stats to train yeti/trice, so if you would happily trade it then do it.

and if you can barely harv 2k silver in 1 hour then thats really pathetic, you can harv atleast 4k or more each hour

you must be joking that im joking, what a wonderfull argument

then name them? hmm only one i know of is Senzon, Smurf and 1 else. all 3 dont buy pp.

they do what you can do aswell, just cause you are too lazy to do it doesnt mean all the pp buyers hard work should be for nothing.

Edited by Infamous

Anyways, Infamous, instead of having to buy a full new piece of dragon armor for a lot of gc, with this solution you can use a few scales and get it fixed for a lot cheaper. So in the end, it's beneficial for you, and I think you would make a lot more profit that way than any manuer would make for doing the fixing for you when you provide the ingreds. And the gc you will save can be invested in whatever you like doing best.

So it's a good thing for you too, don't you agree?

I like PKing in full black dragon armor. One set lasted me like 5+ months of lots of PKing with NMT perk.

I voted yes because dragon armors are expensive but if the break rate gets increased too much then what would be the actual benefit of being able to repair?

If it breaks every week then I think the cost to fix would be more than to buy a brand new piece/set. In this case it would be better to have a NPC like Tankel or Heavybeard that attempts to fix at a set cost.

Basically what I am saying is that this would be a great idea depending on how many scales and/or other ingreads it will take to fix along with what the new break rate will be.