Eternal Lands Official Forums
SleepyJo

Silly question

Excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge but before I and my guild are doing something wrong here I want to ask this question.

If we as a guild get red tagged by another guild is it ok to jump their bags and/or scam the members? Simple reason is in the occasion of being red tagged by another guild I would allow my members to even scam members of another guild with a red tag and not only just bagjump them.

Excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge but before I and my guild are doing something wrong here I want to ask this question.

If we as a guild get red tagged by another guild is it ok to jump their bags and/or scam the members? Simple reason is in the occasion of being red tagged by another guild I would allow my members to even scam members of another guild with a red tag and not only just bagjump them.

u can also do it to allies :P

but watch out if they find out, they will prooly break allie xD

:) u can bj but don't get caught :):o:D

SleepyJo, the responses from the =Hc= and *CO* members i can confidently guarantee do NOT reflect the opinion of the bulk of EL guilds or the community in general.

If you are red-tagged by my guild, we will not scam/serp/brod/bagjump u, it just means you are a priority target in PK.

The only way a member of my guild would do these things to you is if one of your members did it to us first, in which case you would be brown-tagged, not red.

In my experience most guilds do not perform outlaw acts on their red tags.

Edited by Korrode

Red tagged in (TC) means beware of them (bagjumpers/scammers/harvester PKers etc).

We would never resort to scamming just because of a red tag. I have in the past bagjumped someone who was at the time bagjumping people around me (I hid his bag and told him "go find it") but I would respond very negatively to a member doing anything like that.

Bagjumping or scamming is a slippery slope and I would not recommend going down that particular path.

if you can get away with it, then it is fine !

dont get caught :)

I don't think scamming is ever ok. Bagjumping is a scalable offence, by which I mean individuals will have different opinions towards plain bag jumping and taking bags from pking, for example. However, choosing to do these as a guild or not will affect how players and other guids treat you.

Also, doing wrong to others for whatever reason, will not help sustain a pleasant EL to live in, which is partly the purpose of outlaws. And that is true whoever you will be doing them to, even redtags and other outlaws. The best way to affect EL for the good is to lead by example, in my opinion.

But there are many types of giulds with many different views, and I wish you luck and hope you find the replies in this topic useful.

DOA guild red tags almost everyone, but it is just a pk thing. To tell the truth, it means little to me on a non-pk map. Some of my good friends in game are red tagged, I don't att them on pk map, but it does not mean my guildies won't :) . However, regardless of tag color, I would never bj or scam. You have to make up your own mind, and then live with your choice.

DOA guild red tags almost everyone, but it is just a pk thing. To tell the truth, it means little to me on a non-pk map. Some of my good friends in game are red tagged, I don't att them on pk map, but it does not mean my guildies won't :) . However, regardless of tag color, I would never bj or scam. You have to make up your own mind, and then live with your choice.

Amen :)

Have you ever stopped to work out why you were red tagged in the first place....

Most PK guild red tag everyone regardless - if a guild specifically tells you that you are red tagged, then you must have done something to upset them.

So the question I feel should be why were we red tagged?

And as for bjing/scamming (even enemy guilds) - that will certainly get you lots of red tags :closedeyes:

Some guilds will red tag another guild simply because they have been known to bj/scam another guild.

I honestly think if you give permission to scam/bjer/whatever to your guild members you will quickly find that after a few posts of your guild on outlaws , people who have had no direct contact with you will start red tagging you.

So to be honest, probably not a good idea to encourage scamming or bag jumping.

Thing is, even if you then change the short name of your guild AFTER youve been red tagged , it wont matter. The new short name will still appear red tagged.

I dont think some people realise that when they try and change thier short guild name :closedeyes:

Some good advice on what is deemed acceptable to the community at large on here, but in the end its how your guild and yourself feels most comfortable playing with regards the rules you make for your guild to follow. Those rules may also be as hard set or as flexible as you wish them to be, changes of policy towards other guilds are quite common in EL, a quick flick thru the guilds section of this forums is proof of that very fact. Enjoy the game :closedeyes:

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

Simple. :P

#Edit - Another one = What goes aroud comes around.

#Edit - And trust me, it will come back around. :closedeyes:

Edited by Chosen

The guild who red tagged |W| is SIN, my new guild. A member busterblader, came and sat at my fluff spawn with ti set and went afk with mm perk. I politely #ig'd and asked the person to move, since he was near where the fluff spawns. and I got a rude remark from Thegreatlord. Here's chat logs.

[11:16:48] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] i would truly appreciate it if busterblader did not spawn sit my fluff, makes me think he is a bj'r

[[11:17:24] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] oh great another GUild wich is Complaining about something.

[11:17:52] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] look you dont own a Spawn ,ok.End of Story good bye.

[11:17:55] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] well, spawn sitting my fluff in GP with MM perk is suspicous

[11:18:12] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] you dont own a Spawn,as i said.

[11:18:28] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] no i dont, but bj'ing is frowned upon

[11:18:42] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] we allow Bjing so good bye,

[11:18:44] busterblader: sry m8 was afk

[11:18:53] busterblader: i dont bj

[11:19:21] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] was that all?

[11:19:24] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] welcome to red tag, will inform other guilds of your intentions :P

This is what happened, if you were a leader, with these findings in a guild that allows "bj'ing", wouldnt you red tag and mark to be aware of their intentions?. Sleepyjo pretty much begged me to accept his apology. I refused due to a member saying bj'ing is allowed, I won't tolerate it as well as MANY other guilds wouldn't.

#Edit- removed the training chat that is spammy as well as market chat.

InfectioN

SIN

Edited by Cyrus

Makes a hell of a difference to the context of the first post doesn't it?

Red tagged.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

Simple. :)

#Edit - Another one = What goes aroud comes around.

#Edit - And trust me, it will come back around. :wub:

100% AGREE

Just to elaborate on what normtide said,

I thought I'd explain why we have most guilds red tagged. It has nothing to do with

malice toward the guild, or that the guild has -wronged- us in anyway. That guild isn't

an enemy, just not an ally.

We hold no econ embargo, or anything like that for guilds, 'not ally'.

Its just for tag color contrast in a pk map\battle.

Blue\Green for allies and our tag, and red for -everyone- else.

Just like green=go, red=stop. You can quickly scan an area for color alone and

determine the 'odds' in a large battle.

We do reserve brown\dark red for guilds using a brod against us, or other issues,

but still we do not allow bj\scam ever, for any reason. The concept of scamming

turns my stomach, violate a trust for personal gain :wub:

Makes a hell of a difference to the context of the first post doesn't it?

Red tagged.

same here. i just frowned upon this thread at first, but after seeing that ig log i came to the same conclusion.

The guild who red tagged |W| is SIN, my new guild. A member busterblader, came and sat at my fluff spawn with ti set and went afk with mm perk. I politely #ig'd and asked the person to move, since he was near where the fluff spawns. and I got a rude remark from Thegreatlord. Here's chat logs.

[11:16:48] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] i would truly appreciate it if busterblader did not spawn sit my fluff, makes me think he is a bj'r

[[11:17:24] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] oh great another GUild wich is Complaining about something.

[11:17:52] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] look you dont own a Spawn ,ok.End of Story good bye.

[11:17:55] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] well, spawn sitting my fluff in GP with MM perk is suspicous

[11:18:12] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] you dont own a Spawn,as i said.

[11:18:28] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] no i dont, but bj'ing is frowned upon

[11:18:42] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] we allow Bjing so good bye,

[11:18:44] busterblader: sry m8 was afk

[11:18:53] busterblader: i dont bj

[11:19:21] #Ig [ThegreatLord:|W|] was that all?

[11:19:24] #Ig [infectioN->|W|] welcome to red tag, will inform other guilds of your intentions :)

This is what happened, if you were a leader, with these findings in a guild that allows "bj'ing", wouldnt you red tag and mark to be aware of their intentions?. Sleepyjo pretty much begged me to accept his apology. I refused due to a member saying bj'ing is allowed, I won't tolerate it as well as MANY other guilds wouldn't.

#Edit- removed the training chat that is spammy as well as market chat.

InfectioN

SIN

Now i know the guild involved is |W| - the same busterblade serped a spawn in GP of all places!

We already have them red tagged!

SleepyJo, the responses from the =Hc= and *CO* members i can confidently guarantee do NOT reflect the opinion of the bulk of EL guilds or the community in general.

If you are red-tagged by my guild, we will not scam/serp/brod/bagjump u, it just means you are a priority target in PK.

The only way a member of my guild would do these things to you is if one of your members did it to us first, in which case you would be brown-tagged, not red.

In my experience most guilds do not perform outlaw acts on their red tags.

i didn't say bj is good :D

just taht if u get caught then ur in a mess :]

(last db i found anyway i gave back to Dre his COL ^^ )

1) if you are (mutually) red tagged then in see no reason why there would be enough trust to exploit to allow for a scam

2) if you are redtagging guilds just to feel better about scamming their members, you're kinda just justifying outlaw actions to

yourself, scamming is scamming and will get you posted on outlaws reguardless of what color you desiganate to another guild's tag

3)you've already shown yourself to be a remorseless bag jumper, so i don't see why you are concerned with bagjumping protocol :cry:

unless you have changed your ways, in which case you can pm me in game to return my 20 bear stone ing's minus the gypsum :cry:

1) if you are (mutually) red tagged then in see no reason why there would be enough trust to exploit to allow for a scam

2) if you are redtagging guilds just to feel better about scamming their members, you're kinda just justifying outlaw actions to

yourself, scamming is scamming and will get you posted on outlaws reguardless of what color you desiganate to another guild's tag

3)you've already shown yourself to be a remorseless bag jumper, so i don't see why you are concerned with bagjumping protocol :P

unless you have changed your ways, in which case you can pm me in game to return my 20 bear stone ing's minus the gypsum :D

For 1) I stated several times e.g. on the guild web site that I do not think scamming is a good thing and I don't do it. Period. The question here was just about the red tag in general.

For 2) see above

For 3) I will pm you.