Eternal Lands Official Forums
Vanyel

Mortos Challenge

Well I really enjoyed it, despite breaking my bronze sword and winning nothing (notice the lack of crying here marwen?)

had a laugh, and that was the main thing, even if we didn't do too well - (and even if i got cooldowned by a tiger, should really have researched this first ;))

Suggestions? None really, apart from agreeing with Xodian that it was frustrating to be in the audience and yet unable to see what was going on due to the light factor.

Thanks Merlin for such a fun event <3

Edited by Deified

Good contest, enjoyed watching [NL] and \A/. One thing... it would be awsome if the AI of the 'summoned' monsters would improve over time ;) . Some kept standing still / frozen it seemed.

I want to thank ALL the Mods and people who helped making this contest to what it became, I had a great time and I really got my spirit back to play EL... I hope this event will take place next year because I will compete if I get the chance ;)

ty everyone I had a great day :D

Nos

btw marwen..... I'm glad you won't join any EL event

Well, it's up to him if he wants to join any of my contests or not, I won't ban him from them.

However, if you broke shit, it's your fault and your fault alone. You knew the rules, and the prizes, so it was a risk you accepted. But how about the free exp you got? You wouldn't have been able to kill so many monsters in sucha short interval.

ok, now I'm pissed off, I broke 300k worth items in last stage, killed much more monsters than [nl] and they still won this event so, I have only 2 statements:

1) I'll NEVER participate in ANY EL contest

2) I'll brod this stuff from [nl], anshars guild and assgny's guild (for mutin afrodite and talking ****)

amen

;)

BTW, excellent job to all who planned and played, and happy Hamster hunting everyone :D

Edited by pepperspray

Well, it's up to him if he wants to join any of my contests or not, I won't ban him from them.

However, if you broke shit, it's your fault and your fault alone. You knew the rules, and the prizes, so it was a risk you accepted. But how about the free exp you got? You wouldn't have been able to kill so many monsters in sucha short interval.

well, not "free xp" imo, it cost him 300k, if we cna know how much xp he did, we can see the xp/gc rate he made ^^ and i think it will be pretty expensive ;)

I was there 1 hour and 5 mins and I got out of Srs, but there were only 1 black dragon left, I still had a lot of DE and fruit, so I should wait there 5 hours and poison him to death, contest hadnt time limit and I told anshar I CAN kill dragon in LONG time, I stopped ONLY because I think he'll count it as I killed more monters than [nl], thants why I'm so pissed off.

and btw. I got 260k exp in this time, its nothing.

Honestly, I'm rather fed up with this thread. I think I've made just one mistake. Its name is "Mortos Challenge".

Thank you very much.

Thank you for the great contest!

I have absolutely no bad things to say about it.

And as we saw, it does not take any great armour to make the audience happy and to get you some respect, that was proven by some loner there. :D

Still, nice job [NL] and Ca$h. ;)

I was there 1 hour and 5 mins and I got out of Srs, but there were only 1 black dragon left, I still had a lot of DE and fruit, so I should wait there 5 hours and poison him to death, contest hadnt time limit and I told anshar I CAN kill dragon in LONG time, I stopped ONLY because I think he'll count it as I killed more monters than [nl], thants why I'm so pissed off.

and btw. I got 260k exp in this time, its nothing.

0.8666... xp per 1 gc... pretty expensive ;)

The best contest i ever joined! No doubt in here!

Good that there's still someone who have enough strenght to run such amazing contest (~7 hours! sic!).

<3 Anshar <3

TYVM for prizes, I didn't expec that. I'm sure my team mates will be happy too (they logged off before the end).

1) I'll NEVER participate in ANY EL contest

Good to hear it.

I am guildless, so please limit your fun to my person only.

I don't feel like I'd like to watch when some is branching our guild members. Present or former. And I'm not terrified either. Just yet another emo kid in the queue for red tag, nothing PL guild can't handle.

Just like the last time, it was an amazing contest, to watch and to help with.

I'm really glad there is someone who can invest so much of himself into other people's fun. Thank you.

And as we still think of Anshar as a members of PL guild, guild CA$H has been red tagged by us.

Some of the pics I took during the event:

elscreen266.jpg

[NL] guild during a break...

elscreen267.jpg

...and fighting:

elscreen274.jpg

PL guild \o/ \o/ \o/:

elscreen281.jpg

Bane:

elscreen285.jpg

RIVA:

elscreen290.jpg

Dugur from the LGC guild, a synonym for bravery:

elscreen291.jpg

L.A.

elscreen293.jpg

And some of the moderators after work ;)

elscreen297.jpg

These and a few more can be found in here:

http://bzimage.us/~creedka/shoty/Mortos/

Edited by Creedka

Anshar, don't get upset just because one person complains about the game. I understand it could be frustrating, but look at all the people who DID have fun, and actually thanked you for it.

If I was more balanced in fighting, I would have LOVED to play.

Even though I wasn't there, I want to thank you for holding such a contest. Your effort and time was greatly appriciated and you have rewarded many people.

Anshar... I would say do not let the ranting of the few outway the gratitude of the many.. I for one think it was a gr8 contest. And do appreciate all the time and effort put forth into making such entertaining things for the masses.

Come on guys, After all.... it was just a contest.. the rules were simple.. and such a contest should not have to spell out the dangers of its nature. The very essence of it says.... hey u may die.. u may break / loose your shit. I would say deal with it as it is and carry on. No sence bashing the creators of the show since it didnt turn out like u wanted. And as for the well... I could have killed it in hours with poison...sheesh man get real.. fact is u didnt kill it... and the other guys did. Quit whinning about it.. drink water... drive on. hooah!

I will add:

Read this, Marwen, geez.

And Anshar, I already said that we appreciate the work you put into this contest and that probably the whole [NL] guild agreed with me when I said so in the arena. You did a great job here and from my experience everything was just fine.

And I'm sorry that you have to go through all this shit, because some newb his ego exploded when he broke stuff for his own bloody mistake. You're not to blame anywhere, so just ignore that crap.

Proud to have played on BloodS for [NL].

Finally, gratz to all the winners. Hope to see you again next year. (Please, Anshar? :()

-Blee

That was an excellent event, which considering how difficult it must have been to organize and run, ended up in a resounding success!

I would like to thank the organizers, and congratulate all participants -- especially the winners and Dugur, which proved that you can just be bold, risk a couple of aug leathers, and have fun nevertheless.

As for suggestions, beyond what others have remarked about low perception at night and packed seats (maybe a different area could be selected next time?), if anybody felt like providing live commentary on what happens on the arena (in the style of TV sport broadcasts), that would help the audience, both local and remote.

I am sure several of us were doing exactly that for their guild or national channels, so maybe you could just appoint an "official" comment channel, or maybe reserve ch. 6 for the official comment, and use another one for event-related chatting.

Once again, thanks to the mods and to all participants! It was cool! :(

wait when i get back home from Australia to a normal internet connection. I'll show what word "combat skills" means :( it wont be long so you'b better start training to have a chance at least :D

p.s. i agree the contest was good but honestly NL didnt deserve to be a winner and every1 who watched this has to agree. They didnt do anything special. 4 players from top 20 in a/d and only 1 got into final round and got killed in 1 sec....c'mon

and as i said this disagreement with the decision is not about some broken stuff. 300k gc i can replace in couple of hours, but it's about the fair play. tie means that 2 or more teams achieved the same result. And i watched this contest from the beggining and didnt see that NL was even close to finish the last round.CA$H killed 2 more black dragons, 3 red dragons and ~10 giants and it's "only" co-winner.It's jut not fair.we did all the fun for watching players, TooMass showed them how to kill the strongest monsters in game alone and NL took the prizes and fame.

And now the main issue is pointed to marwen's complain about broken stuff. It's not about broken stuff it's about who gets the fame and first place.And CA$H deserved both

I know that anshar and others put their free time and effort to make this contest look well(and it was an excelent contest)but u all ruined it at the end. My opinion is that NL didnt deserve to win and i'm not gonna change it.

and the last thing...bloodsoaked was absolutelly pathetic in this contest. Dushan and ambrosius were fighting dragon and he attacked 4 giants and other dragon instead of helping them...sorry mate but this is how n00b plays on strong bought char.

Edited by TooMass

and the last thing...bloodsoaked was absolutelly pathetic in this contest. Dushan and ambrosius were fighting dragon and he attacked 4 giants instead of helping them...sorry mate but this is how n00b plays on strong bought char.

First off, I will gladly admit, I did not "grow up" with this char and I have said before I can't play properly on it.

There, I admit it, that character sucks for me, happy? I'm feeding your ego by telling the truth. Btw, weird that you pick on me, tho. Why don't you just admit it's a personal thing, Sia would even die before me and she's pr0 right? Make some good arguments, will you? Oh, and yes. Sia is pr0 compared to me.

Second, you get attacked from all sides, you don't really get to pick. Btw, I died to Giants+Red Dragon. Get your information straight or stfu pls. I don't think you actually DID watch this contest at all.

Third, it's easy to say I'm a newb. You didn't even enter and let some other guy play your char, where did YOU prove your worth? A big mouth doesn't get you anywhere.

Now, can you go cry elsewhere? This is still a god damn game..

"I don't care about the stuff or w/e, but I do hate people on the other side of the world for not judging in my favor (Anshar)/being equal to me in battle in some game(NL)"

Grow up.

-Blee

P.S. I don't really wanna go on discussing, but I don't like just taking shit from someone who didn't even play . Consider this my only reply on your silly arguments to make me look bad. Feel free to take the last word.

And for n00b extras:

Be glad, I coulda let this char slip elsewhere and you may have been BRoDed daily by someone else with this char.

I won this contest last year so stfu. I didnt play today because the conditions didnt let me play. If i had been at home i would have played. But as u can see this char rocks :D whoever plays on it is the winner. Too bad that this year some1 didnt recognise the difference in the numbers of killed monsters.and your threat about being broded...lol u have to learn how to pk first.and that u have a long way to go u showed to us today.

but if u want i give u some pk lesson :) but i dunno if u can afford it :(

Seriously, can we try to stay on topic and you take your n00b babbling and insults to PM's or forum PM's?

Thank you.

Piper

we already did so no more offtopic posts in this topic from my side :(

we already did so no more offtopic posts in this topic from my side :D

Thank you!

And hopefully no one else will start that here again :(

Piper