Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Today's Invasion

The Willow Vine invasion was awesome, but we all probably would of died if it wasn't for Dushan accidentally trapping himself, causing him to have to fight all the high level monsters.

This was a GREAT invasion. I loved the three tiered attack especially with the multiple levels being Willowvine. I thought it suited everyone and let a LOT more players enjoy a full invasion. It was a great idea and thanks to all who helped put it together.

I was on the medium platform and a phantom warrior showed up but I killed it and figured it was a fluke but after I killed it all of a sudden 3 tigers appeared surrounding me. Pretty much instant death and odd that two sets of higher level monsters should come visiting me. My guess is that the 255 kills earned me an intentional kill by Mortos. Not sure because I was not around long enough to actually see if tigers were spawning elsewhere.

Getting killed that way sucked if it was an accident but cool if it was intentional. I very much hope they keep coming this way. :icon13:

TirunCollimdus

One of best invasions ever :icon13: Those bears/tigers were harder to kill than 6 yetis surrounding me, all in all, great invasion :D

Edit - 218 kills btw :)

Edited by Dushan

Again the idea of breaking up the invasion into both waves and sections of different difficulty was really nice and I hope it remains a feature of future invasions of this kind. It was really nice to see people of such different levels working together and having fun :icon13:

Best moment: killing a feros while being cooldowned by a tiger AND manaburned by a bear >:), also being poisoned by about 8 spiders and raking in those +10 def xp's :D

Worst moment: clicking trees and the nasty arctic chim/mountain chim that didnt even chew me, straight to the gut

The first invasion i took part in, only because i was there when it happened (unarmed and without weapon).

But as there were different sections, it was fun and i returned (armed) when killed by a random fluffy.

I liked the setting in Lyntrop, very pituresque invasion.

Nice healing service from shallara and Cissysauce (which i used frequently :icon13: ). I'm not sure how people kept track of death bags in this chaos, but somehow they did, as i suddenly got many of my lost stuff back after the invasion, thanks to Walt and CC.

First invasion i really took part of and i must say this was great. different parts for different levels of fighters and look, the fighters spread out to the part they were able to handle, so almost no high lvl' fighters at Leaven Vale.

The idea of an invasion like this is what i like, every one can take part of it and dont have to bother about too high creatures which will kill him/her instantly.

UV GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! another invasion i missed! god dma thats 3 huge invasion in 3 days that iv missed, whats with me, i come off at the perfect time for an invasion to happen!!?? >_< :(

Awww, too bad i missed an invasion ;)

It was cool.

But the bears.... the bears were cruel. I had to keep my mana at 0 to fight them

there are ways around that :(

UV GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! another invasion i missed! god dma thats 3 huge invasion in 3 days that iv missed, whats with me, i come off at the perfect time for an invasion to happen!!?? >_< :(

You arn't alone... :blink: Everytime I log off another one comes...

--Duck2

Guest ohmygod

Dear Gods,

I think your worshipers are losing faith in you. I have heard serveral groups of people saying you are scared and always runaway from us mere mortals. I know this is not true but this is what they are saying. :laugh:

Please come and smite these unbelivers and show them your mighty powers.

Yours Faithfully

Ohmygod

Edited by ohmygod

Dear OMG,

The Gods heard you, but the Overdiety has decided to cast a horrible spell on them, a spell known as BIC...(bad internet connection).

If they try to smite mortals, the spells smites them :)

Sincerely,

Teh Gods Secretary.

good invasion, lost a rost , leather stuff, 200 he's, ~100 srs, 5 emp :hehe:

8 white tigers with cooldown is more than i can take :)

was a really good invasion, like the fact that there were maps from both continents involved and how mortos made me a god :)

but one little complain though: i lagged out a lot because there were too many creatures around.... maybe let them not only spawn concentrated around a single place but all over the map.

good job and thanks, i really enjoyed it although i lost 2 rostos today

The invasion was pretty good, I'd even hazard a great, until the ambush at Judith in Morcraven Marsh. Some may call this whining, but as I recall there has normally been some indication (even if only a few seconds) prior to spawning a mass of creatures on a populated area like storage.

Prior mod run invasions have provided such a notice and as a result people have become accustom to it. Today's lack of notice resulted in several people dropping some semi expensive items. I'm sure that the higher level fighters that were able to survive the battle at Judith are happy with their loot.

Can we expect more invasions of this type, with little or no indication of where the invasion is happening?

Edit:

Seems there has been indication before that they be announced.

Edited by jamincollins

Wasa very good invasion. Except for some gripe.

1. Can someone mute these #6 ppl. It is ok to say haha once but 20 times in 2 min is too much. event channel should be for tracking event progress. It will be a good idea that all those making too much of noise will be teleported to the middle of high lvl monsters

2. Instead of 50 monsters, 5 waves of 10 monsters will be better for lower lag and higher fun...

Again a fun thing and invasion was cool.

Also died twice once to yeti and once to armed orc. killed 2 snow leopards. lost 2 iron chain and few leather things. but most interesting was able to kill a snake near a tiger and watched lots of fun fighting near mm fort. Truth killed lots of feros there. Also MP was guarding near the mm Storage and thanks to MP.

_ Darky

The invasion was pretty good, I'd even hazard a great, until the ambush at Judith in Morcraven Marsh. Some may call this whining, but as I recall there has normally been some indication (even if only a few seconds) prior to spawning a mass of creatures on a populated area like storage.

Prior mod run invasions have provided such a notice and as a result people have become accustom to it. Today's lack of notice resulted in several people dropping some semi expensive items. I'm sure that the higher level fighters that were able to survive the battle at Judith are happy with their loot.

Can we expect more invasions of this type, with little or no indication of where the invasion is happening?

Edit:

Seems there has been indication before that they be announced.

That was a mistake on my part. I PMed it to someone rather than announcing it first. I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen again, but there is always room for human error :D

Guest ohmygod

i was asleep so missed it.

I think people go afk and use outside storages because they are not afraid of the gods. may this will teach them a lesson. :D

Edited by ohmygod

Well I was in PV at the storage. as soon as I saw the monsters I did a alt-x but this did not exclude me from death. I lost everyting, a COL, a excavator cloak, thread, cotton. :( I thought that if you did alt-x it would not cause me to die. Usually when you die you lose a percentage of things but I lost everything. a clean slate. The next time I even hear of an invasion coming from acelon I will exit the game.