Eternal Lands Official Forums
2coolfool

I Eat Dead People

i dont know what the price of bones has increased to now, but if it hits 2gc then it wouldnt be worth it, unless you harvest the bones yourself.

(yes harvest the bones, i harvest things i eat)

Too bad I just spent my 2 spare pickpoints on Phys!

Ah well, enough time to expand my stock of 170k food points... :lurker:

nice perk , help a lot

but before every 1 go and take it , u must know that soon todstol mushroom and bones will be @ the same price or close to each other , i guess 2gc each , and both u can get/harvest them easy ..... 3pp is a lot , and worth of 1.5 million gc (if u wana price the pp ) and really pricless if u dont wana regret it and reset (@ high oa) so the only matter is the antidote pots between bones and todstole ....

its balanced and it up to u if u manu/summon/craft/alc a lot or not.

my 1st imprtion when i heared about it was that i will get it no matter what ..... but now that i though about it that way .... i rather pay for the antidote

but as overall , its a great perk :lurker:

FMA

Nice try hoping people will panic buy bones, during wars this is called Profiteering.

Summoners use a hell of a lot more bones than a few people taking a perk, and have been doing since summoning started - the price is stable and will remain stable.

Bones are 0.5, and I hazard a guess they'll stay at 0.5 for the foreseeable future. It is too easy for me to smack a passing goblin and build up a collection.

Nice try hoping people will panic buy bones, during wars this is called Profiteering.

Summoners use a hell of a lot more bones than a few people taking a perk, and have been doing since summoning started - the price is stable and will remain stable.

Bones are 0.5, and I hazard a guess they'll stay at 0.5 for the foreseeable future. It is too easy for me to smack a passing goblin and build up a collection.

Try the Phantom Warriors in Tirnym, I think there are like 4-5, they drop 6 bones each. :lurker:

-Blee

so then let me calculate this,

a bone costs 0,5gc. you'll need like-about 1 bone each Health Essence.

so 1000 HEs costs 500gc (providing ingredients yourself, PLUS the cost of bones will go up)

with a potion of feasting, you can make 6 HEs, so that's 2gc per HE

so 1000 HEs costs 2000gc (providing ingredients yourself)

hmmm for 3pp and 10kgc, losing the time to gather bones (like 1,3 bones for 1 HE, and ~1 for 1 Sr), this is a great Perk. it is almost free to get, but it still has some side effects, which makes people reconsider taking it; bones are still hard to get.

i would definetly get it if i was a mixer that has the time to make good profit

i don't really know if anyone needs this post but feel free to use my calculations.

A couple of points not mentioned....

Bones are 1 emu, toadstools are 2!

Also you can use fruit/veg/meat - and whilst they cooldown - you can eat bones.

IE eat a fruit, and mix, continue to eat bones during cooldown of fruit, and mix, once cooldown is over, eat another fruit.

An even bigger cost saving.

As for bones - armed skells drop em by the ton!

"That evil xxx( xxx= here the name of some peacefull alchemist/potioner/crafter/manuer/harvester) serped mi armed skelle on mi spawn ;*( " <--------- it will be t3h funnieh :D

eMPi

unarmed skellies drop more than armed...

And about the fruit/veg etc. during bone digestion, the same goes for toadstools. You can also eat those while other food is under cooldown.

Lol, skellies spawns will soon become crowdy (if they aren't yet, that is :P)

I don't think this perk is overpowered. It might have been if red toadstool weren't edible. Now it's fine I think. 3pp is the price for not having to watch your hp bar all the time.

I think the perk is pretty balanced and useful.

That what was happening on my guild channel after I took this perk (as the only person in my guild from what I know) was worth those 3pp :D

Edited by Lotheneil

"That evil xxx( xxx= here the name of some peacefull alchemist/potioner/crafter/manuer/harvester) serped mi armed skelle on mi spawn ;*( " <--------- it will be t3h funnieh :D

eMPi

most of us ebul mixers dont need to serp skellies

unarmed skellies drop more than armed...

And about the fruit/veg etc. during bone digestion, the same goes for toadstools. You can also eat those while other food is under cooldown.

but bones dont poison :)

On the one hand I like the new perk though I feel this is (once again?) something that will work against potioners. Here is why: There are only two potions from which potioners can make profit until they get good enough to make True Sight potion, Reasoning Potion and SRS. You need 9 bones for each Reasoning Pot... Unless you are already an experienced fighter, it takes a long time to gather a lot of bones (thinking of newbies here that need to level up on every skill). I used to buy a lot of bones from advanced fighters when I was a low level potioner. Now, bones are going to be either harder to get, or more expensive, or both.

As to the toads, they too work against potioners because their emu increase makes it harder to gather them in large quantities and trust me, you need them in large quantities for True Sight potion. Eating my toads? Never. I need them for my pots to make money. Eating my bones? Maybe, now that I leveled up on fighting to kill skellies (yes, I'm not much of a fighter, so what). But these two new food sources are not helping potioners, especially not beginners. :)

Sorry to be a negative voice here, I think it's a great perk for advanced players (those of you who don't think 10k gc is a lot, go ask a newbie about that), but works against beginners who intend to become potioners.

On the one hand I like the new perk though I feel this is (once again?) something that will work against potioners. Here is why: There are only two potions from which potioners can make profit until they get good enough to make True Sight potion, Reasoning Potion and SRS. You need 9 bones for each Reasoning Pot... Unless you are already an experienced fighter, it takes a long time to gather a lot of bones (thinking of newbies here that need to level up on every skill). I used to buy a lot of bones from advanced fighters when I was a low level potioner. Now, bones are going to be either harder to get, or more expensive, or both.

As to the toads, they too work against potioners because their emu increase makes it harder to gather them in large quantities and trust me, you need them in large quantities for True Sight potion. Eating my toads? Never. I need them for my pots to make money. Eating my bones? Maybe, now that I leveled up on fighting to kill skellies (yes, I'm not much of a fighter, so what). But these two new food sources are not helping potioners, especially not beginners. :)

Sorry to be a negative voice here, I think it's a great perk for advanced players (those of you who don't think 10k gc is a lot, go ask a newbie about that), but works against beginners who intend to become potioners.

But you're not taking into account the whole picture. New players with lower levels are ALWAYS at a disadvantage. Think about it: what is their fail rate? Much higher. So the cost to make potions is already harder. Does this put newbies at a disadvantage? Yes. But would it be fair to advanced players if someone new in the game could do things as easily as they could?

Also, if you think about it, in a way it actually evens out new players vs advanced players. While new players have a higher cost to make a potion (due to fails and food source), leveling is quite easy. Advanced players may be able to cut down on fails and food costs, but they still have to make a TON of potions to level.

In my opinion, this skill may actually help to create a balance in the game and give a little something to advance players who can do more. I mean, if you put a lot of time and effort into something, wouldn't you like to know there were some payoffs (increased emu, ability to gather things like bones, perks to help with food, etc, etc, etc).

This perk sounds pretty good. but for me it takes 10 minutes to get 1k fps from mira, while it takes 10 hours to gather 10k bones or so (i've never gathered 45k bones in my lifetime). and i could be training so a cost of 3 million exp. unless otherwise wait and buy bones. as for me i'll wait until things are finalized since i dont plan to reset.

numbers were not accurate but roughly. maybe it's just me, you all prolly can get 10k bones in 10 minutes.

Sund