Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LochnessLobster

guild map spawns

Yet another way to premium players with $ and possibility to use pay-pal/CD. This idea would divide the community between ones with $ and ones without (as this is not a problem atm, is it? <-- sarcasm). I would say NO.

Regards,

Gil

I Disagree, some folks in IRON may not have $ to spend, but because of the kind generosity of others in the guild, we all have access to the benefits of a guild map and Charn and Shari. It's not about $, it's about friends!

Ent said this on the new charge for bots thread:

1. The guild maps were never intended to be only for the benefit of the guild. I would never implement that, because:

a. Maps take space in the client download, which makes the client bigger.

b. Maps take considerable resources on the server.

IMHO a private spawn is not in harmony with the spirit of a guild map that's not intended "for only the benefit of the guild". However, I think donating to the game will not negatively interfere with its development, which might just bring more spawns for all :wub:

If we are going to talk about buying your levels, it is allowed to buy characters AND you can buy items. So saying real life dollars shouldn't give ingame benefits is hypochritical.

I find this idea good, would perhaps bring some revenue to EL. 200-300USD for a high level monster spawn sounds fair, would give some well needed money to the dev's. It could be made so those monsters drop no items.

And really, what benefit would it be besides getting your guild more together.. There is already 30+ empty training spots on C2.

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

I think that if Entropy starts taking payments to add specific spawns, it should only be on publicly accessible areas. Whether it be on a guild map or not, it should be in an area that is not protect or restricted by a guard bot.

I think that if Entropy starts taking payments to add specific spawns, it should only be on publicly accessible areas. Whether it be on a guild map or not, it should be in an area that is not protect or restricted by a guard bot.

Who would want to pay real life money for a spawn that everyone can acess.. ?

Yet another way to premium players with $ and possibility to use pay-pal/CD. This idea would divide the community between ones with $ and ones without (as this is not a problem atm, is it? <-- sarcasm). I would say NO.

Regards,

Gil

I agree, people are already b!tching about $-players

I could maybe see this as reasonable if the spawns had a reduced rate from normal ones.

They could train on a higher level monster then, since the stats are reduced... Would be fun as I could train on fluf if it was my personal "weakened" spawn, and I could get NMT :wub:

Sorry Loch, I'm starting to understand the people who want more spawns, the group is growing. But this idea is not a good one imho.

maybe instead of having normal spawns after paying xx amount of usd, you have a small area (depending on the guild map and alotted space) where you have an npc and for 10kgc (of course this would be after you pay w/e amount of usd to have npc/spawn put in) and after 10kgc you and whoever else occupies the map you can have a mini invasion of what ever( random from sprite to artic). (mainly a similar suggest that was posted in a different topic) but i really think it'd make a nice addtion and bring guilds closer together, of course those invade type monsters wouldnt drop gc or give xp, its purely for the fun.

Private xp farms are never going to happen.

However, the idea of spawns on guild maps is not necessarily bad, and they did crop up as a possibility in the Interacting with the map thread (in relation with raiding guild maps for loot).

They could represent the guilds pets or servants, but need to be constrained to prevent them being exploited as a private xp farm:

1. The creatures carry the guild tag and act as a summoned creature.
  2. They do not give any experience or drops in combat.

Sorry I said anything. It's just that I'm really frustrated with the how crowded the the spawns are. In the future I'll keep my comments to myself.

I'm glad you said something.

OK JUST AN ADDED NOTE It is not the # of spawns in the game it Is the # of types of spawns Fluffy being #1. I can come up with 10 fluffy spawns that I'm aware of. 3 of wich are on pk maps. 1 is with a chim. Fluffy is not that easy for most in game to train on. But is in High demand for most of the higher lvled playes to work on. Most are on Fluffy for along time befor they can make a jump to chims. That is where the spawns are in short suplie If we change up the mix a bit that may help. I'm sure others can name other spawn shortage points like ogre used to be. I No that entropy is working on this point.

As for spawns on Guild maps I see no real harm in it if there is a limit to say 2 per guild map one med lvl and one higher lvl. Any more then that would be not so good for the el community.

Just my $0.02

FireBalls

However, the idea of spawns on guild maps is not necessarily bad, and they did crop up as a possibility in the Interacting with the map thread (in relation with raiding guild maps for loot).

They could represent the guilds pets or servants, but need to be constrained to prevent them being exploited as a private xp farm:

I dont think it would be a bad idea if maybe guild maps had animals roaming around for a fee but these animals could be "invincible" just like the unicorn. They are there just for the looks. Guild maps are kind of plain. But like i said the animals should be invincible or non fightable so you couldnt get exp or drops from them. They obviously couldnt attack you either. The bigger monster the more you pay.

Are the spawns that are not used in pk areas?

C2. Everyone complains about no spawns but there are plenty of spawns that are *always* free on c2. Go explore a bit. :)

Are the spawns that are not used in pk areas?

C2. Everyone complains about no spawns but there are plenty of spawns that are *always* free on c2. Go explore a bit. :)

Yeah i went exploring and i found a bunch of places i never knew were there. :P

OK JUST AN ADDED NOTE It is not the # of spawns in the game it Is the # of types of spawns Fluffy being #1. I can come up with 10 fluffy spawns that I'm aware of. 3 of wich are on pk maps. 1 is with a chim. Fluffy is not that easy for most in game to train on. But is in High demand for most of the higher lvled playes to work on. Most are on Fluffy for along time befor they can make a jump to chims. That is where the spawns are in short suplie If we change up the mix a bit that may help. I'm sure others can name other spawn shortage points like ogre used to be. I No that entropy is working on this point.

As for spawns on Guild maps I see no real harm in it if there is a limit to say 2 per guild map one med lvl and one higher lvl. Any more then that would be not so good for the el community.

Just my $0.02

FireBalls

So basically, guilds that got lots of $ to spend, can have their own private fluff spawn, that is 10 sec walk from a storage (say, portland :)), no risk of bagjump and no one else can use it? sounds like a load of bullshit to me

BTW if you count 10 fluff spawns you are way wrong, there are like 18 or something

Just my $0.02

FireBalls

So basically, guilds that got lots of $ to spend, can have their own private fluff spawn, that is 10 sec walk from a storage (say, portland :)), no risk of bagjump and no one else can use it? sounds like a load of bullshit to me

BTW if you count 10 fluff spawns you are way wrong, there are like 18 or something

I got to agree with Atlantis here... That isnt right especially if guild has bot to protect from others getting in.

Guest ohmygod

I am in two minds, i can see the benifit of having spawns in guild map. It would bring the map "alive" and not be the sterile looking places they are now.

I agree with Learner to have them inacessable to all of EL community is not right. Therefore imo IF allowed, Guild Guard bots and Spawns should not be allowed together on one map.

The Guild should be made to choose either to have:

1) A guard bot. Most effective way to protect map IMO especially when placed in "Magic free area" (WTF with this anyway?..doh a topic for another day perhaps).

OR

2) A Guard spawn/s. 1-2 Giants (or mixture of other monsters) walking or standing in map will deter most from entering and "raiding/trespassing" the map, but would at least give others in EL a slight chance to enter the map. "Guard" spawns could be set up as Trollson says with guild tag etc.

And before people go on about paying a lot of $ for privacy. I know your "Guild" has paid a lot of $ for the map + GuardBot to protect your privacy but, lots of people have bought weapons and armours with $ and they are not 100% unbreakable.

Just my $0.02

FireBalls

my 1cent :)

Hm, idea is interesting, but behind it there is a danger:

If some1 owns spawn then nothing will stop him when he wanna serp "normal" spawns.

Now if some1 serps ur spawn, u can always serp back, if s/he trains. If they have their own spawn, they wont be afraid of serping monsters to others, cous ppl wont be able 2 counter it.

Same as with branch atm, if u r not afraid of counterattack, u can branch ppl all the time.

Or, if u have ur own training map, u r not afraid of attacking other ppl on pvp. Why? Its simple, cous u can train in peace no matter how bad they wanna revenge ;p

And belive me, in this game there r ppl who like 2 make a hell 2 others, if they will be given possibility 2 do that, they will use it :P

I see of course 1 big advantage of this idea: more spawns= easier 2 get "normal" spawn ,cous instead of sk/cm, some ppl will use their own fluffies :D

Well, as always, final word belongs 2 developers and game owners, the choice is not easy.

eMPi

I dont think it would be a bad idea if maybe guild maps had animals roaming around for a fee but these animals could be "invincible" just like the unicorn. They are there just for the looks. Guild maps are kind of plain. But like i said the animals should be invincible or non fightable so you couldnt get exp or drops from them. They obviously couldnt attack you either. The bigger monster the more you pay.

This would be cool, definetly make the guild maps more interesting

Regards,

Gil

This is already happening, players with cash can buy the new special/unique armors for $$$

I could care less if it happens or not, but could be a great source of income for the developers.

Instead of buying spawns, you rent them on a monthly basis. This might cause a bit of trouble to keep track of, but every month a scheduled update could occur spawn rental starts at begining of month and extends till next scheduled update.

I've never had to much trouble finding spawns, and if they are busy, or someone's being an jackass then I go do other stuff.

Thnaks for the new spawn's will have to go looking around again and see what has changed :bow_arrow: