Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Recycling plant

I like this idea a lot.

would also be pretty neat if you go broken armor/materials from armed monsters such as the goblins and orcs.

However, it will NOT be implemented before the global warning system is finished.

smart :P

Love the idea, guess I should get over my reset and start donating.

yes, its like where you take plastic/paper/cans etc.. and they RE-use it to make more plastic/paper/cans etc.. and pay you for the amount you bring in

Edited by chaoogie

what is a recycling plant btw? like a factory?

Its a place where you bring old/damaged/broken items and you get money for it and they try to separate the ressources you needed to make such items.

Like radu said, you give them broken stuff, you get money for that, and they somehow try to extract the bars/essences/pots or whatever you used to create that item and sell them again to players. But they wont get back 100% of it, coz its broken stuff.

Piper

will u get the broken items back also if tankel failed to fix the degraded items

Hmm...

Maybe.

It seems that if that happened, everyone would try tankel first, and then recycle... and so they'd still make profit if tankel failed... not sure though :P

It seems that if that happened, everyone would try tankel first, and then recycle... and so they'd still make profit if tankel failed... not sure though :P

You will not be able to recycle non broken stuff. And the repairers do take some money anyway, right?

.... he said after the warning system :> unless i misunderstood you happy

Yes, after.

the factory wont be started till after the invasion system, my question was if we will have broken items b4 we even start building the factory, so they will accumulate in sto until the factory is started. or will things still dissapear after breaking up until the factory is started.

hope this was clear enough.....if not then i dont know how else to put it.

Edit: took out the random quote, had nothing to do with this topic.

Edited by Happy_G

what is a recycling plant btw? like a factory?

Its a place where you bring old/damaged/broken items and you get money for it and they try to separate the ressources you needed to make such items.

Like radu said, you give them broken stuff, you get money for that, and they somehow try to extract the bars/essences/pots or whatever you used to create that item and sell them again to players. But they wont get back 100% of it, coz its broken stuff.

Piper

yeh i know what recycling is, but i wasnt sure about the "plant" i realy tought a plant, but i guess its something like the Plant in the word Power Plant.

This is a great idea :) i like it alot.

will u get the broken items back also if tankel failed to fix the degraded items

This is also a great idea, if you have a degraded armor or sword you have to pay Tankel a fee for him to "try" to fix it, if he fails and it breakes you'll get teh broken item back and can go to the recycle plant and get some of the money back from them and ppl will be able to buy bars from the recycle plant for gc too so it'll be a good money sink.

Hmm... an idea to throw a bit of an interesting twist in things...

Maybe have a way to ban people from the plant, and/or exclude them from GAIWS warnings... that interfere with the donation project?

Seriously, should those that ridicule, condemn, and inhibit the process be allowed to reap the rewards?

Food for thought....

I totally agree with that idea. If you dont like it dont contribute but no need to publically disparage other peoples efforts, either teh devs or teh community who are working hard on this.

Those who do, deserve to have use of teh recycling plant removed for starters as a punishment for crimes against teh community, though teh devs have other more final ways of dealing with those that disparage them :rolleyes:

Edited by Pyewacket

Hmm... an idea to throw a bit of an interesting twist in things...

Maybe have a way to ban people from the plant, and/or exclude them from GAIWS warnings... that interfere with the donation project?

Seriously, should those that ridicule, condemn, and inhibit the process be allowed to reap the rewards?

Food for thought....

I like the concept of this idea, makes sense

Not only that it is technically hard to implement, but there are various other aspects to it. For example, IRL, the rich people contribute, voluntarly or not, to most of the things that get built in the country.

That is, the rich pay a lot of taxes, while the poor generally doesn't pay that much. Imagine what would happen if all the tax money paid by the rich would go to the rich people, and all the money paid by the poor would go to the poor..

Not only that it is technically hard to implement, but there are various other aspects to it. For example, IRL, the rich people contribute, voluntarly or not, to most of the things that get built in the country.

That is, the rich pay a lot of taxes, while the poor generally doesn't pay that much. Imagine what would happen if all the tax money paid by the rich would go to the rich people, and all the money paid by the poor would go to the poor..

Interesting thought. There are more people, though, who are poor than people who are rich. Wonder how the cumulative totals look, particularly since tax breaks/loopholes go to the rich more.

Well, it is usually the upper middle class and the rich that are responsible for like 90% of the taxes. And they usually don't get anything from the state.

For example, I didn't get anything for free from the US government, or from the state of PA. The only thing I get for free is from the muncipality that sees 1% of my income, and they pick my garbage for free...