Eternal Lands Official Forums
Grozni

No space in storage

"200 out of 200" message in storage :rolleyes:

With a lot of new items and flowers ... etc, it would be good that we have more places in storage (like 300). It isnt logical that we can put 1.000.000 mil of one item, and no more than 200 different

sry then,

can any mod "send " this post to suggestions, or delete it (in that case, il make new one there)

but this has to be changed :rolleyes:

PS (to entropy) And I think and hope, that this is only one line in source :)

Having limited numbers of storage slots means you may have to use strategy in deciding what you want to have and keep.

I can almost swear I saw entropy say somewhere there will not be more than 200 slots added.

I'll try to find it.

Find a quite, out of the way place and make a stash using hyperspace bags?

Less secure and will cost you, but thats the price for consuming all your free storage!

It isnt logical that we can put 1.000.000 mil of one item, and no more than 200 different

60 millions :)

Think how much 60000000*200 is, then think how small storages other MMORPGs have, then be happy :)

Well I honestly dont know anyone who has reached 200 unique items in sto, so until then this really isnt a problem.

Edit: Ya, I am a noob :D

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Well I honestly dont know anyone who has reached 200 unique items in sto, so until then this really isnt a problem.

I had 200 items, I know magpielee has 200 items too (and i'm pretty sure more people have this)

I've been close to the 200 limit for quite a while now, whenever I can't put my cloak back in storage I go and have Tankel ruin damaged stuff, drop some flowers that have no use (yet), give away monster dropped books or sell monster dropped weapons to npc (or give them to our guild summoners ;))

PS: I have some titanium short sword construction books, bear summoning books and a manu pot book that I'm giving away :P

edit: gave the bear summoning book away, c'mon pm me for the other ones in game ;)

Edited by Ermabwed

Yep, with all the new weapons/armor/harvestables in the last months, I reached the limit. There are around 500ish unique items in the game by now I think (With books alone making up at least 200) Should increase the limit to 250 maybe ;p

I dropped some flowers, sold some books, and I have few free now :)

Still c2 ring collection have to come... :wub:

I have everything i can use/need in storage (that includes all crafting items :), most pots/essences, ingreds for them and training and show off gear) and still 3 slots left atm... actually some furs that have no use yet too ... oh and wine that i got in there when a friend showed me a bug... can't get it out. lmao :)

Having limited numbers of storage slots means you may have to use strategy in deciding what you want to have and keep.

Or use nice storage bots. :wub:

It seems this topic ought to be reassessed. I understand that there used to be fewer storage slots, but there also used to be fewer functionalitites in the game. Just to give you an example:

Now we can mine copper.

For one copper ore, you need the following ingredients:

1) matter conglomerate

2) earth essence

3) sulfur

4) coal

5) swamp candle

6) matter essence

7) iron

8) blue quartz

9) rose quartz

10) quartz

11) unless you have endless patience, you will need feasting potion

That's 11 items for the 12th one. Then let's say you want to make a bar out of the copper. You will need an undisclosed amount of (I'm assuming) coal (#4) and fire essence (#12), which adds red roses (#13) and red snap dragon (#14).

My point of all this is, even when you don't hoard, you fill up slots very easily, especially in trades like potioning where a lot of different ingredients are needed for each potion. Please re-consider raising the storage slots as new items (such as the copper armor) are being added. It doesn't have to be drastically, but maybe 10 slots every time a major update is made and/or a new ore is being activated.

Thank you.

It seems this topic ought to be reassessed. I understand that there used to be fewer storage slots, but there also used to be fewer functionalitites in the game. Just to give you an example:

Now we can mine copper.

For one copper ore, you need the following ingredients:

1) matter conglomerate

2) earth essence

3) sulfur

4) coal

5) swamp candle

6) matter essence

7) iron

8) blue quartz

9) rose quartz

10) quartz

11) unless you have endless patience, you will need feasting potion

That's 11 items for the 12th one. Then let's say you want to make a bar out of the copper. You will need an undisclosed amount of (I'm assuming) coal (#4) and fire essence (#12), which adds red roses (#13) and red snap dragon (#14).

My point of all this is, even when you don't hoard, you fill up slots very easily, especially in trades like potioning where a lot of different ingredients are needed for each potion. Please re-consider raising the storage slots as new items (such as the copper armor) are being added. It doesn't have to be drastically, but maybe 10 slots every time a major update is made and/or a new ore is being activated.

Thank you.

So, you find a better strategy to make it easier, like making the intermediate items (like FE) before you go mining!

Of course I make fe's before I go mining. That's why I have to store them. And because I'm not going to dump the two red roses and four sulfur that I have left over when I run out of red snap dragon, I have to store those too. It seems your comment supports my suggestion, unless I'm not understanding it correctly.

IMO, Limitations/Rules can make the game more fun, considerable, let people think what they need to do to theirselves.

I can almost swear I saw entropy say somewhere there will not be more than 200 slots added.

I'll try to find it.

i also saw that before but still can't find it.

200 slots are still enough for me even i have tons of resources in my storage.

*188 out of 200 slots used

i've faced the problem a long time ago and solved it by myself.

the problem of my own was i had too many different kind of monster-drop books that i could hardly sell off in a few months on the market.

i sold some books on the market, but still there were many. finally RazRobinson bought up the rest of the books that i didn't need but he wanted.

books i got after that, i sold them at an NPC and the market.

about resources/items in storage.

i always gather ingredients EXACTRY the amount that i will make.

well, silver ores are always needed to make essences, also iron ores are always needed to make bars if you make.

so they stay long in the storage and will never be run out in a short time.

for example:

if i want to make 1000 FEs, i gather 1k of each ingredients.

1000 Sulfur (if i have any plans i make with sulfur like Earth Ess, more FEs to make, i harvest more)

1000 Red Rose

1000 Red Snapragon

->1000(-) FE

once i gathered the ingredients, turn them into FE. see, there is no leftover now. and at least i get 2 free slots.

oh and take a look, we have already 44 more slots ya know :o)

Edited by AluminA

I frequently run out of slots - but mainly because I am lazy - and have loads of junk in my store I have no need for. A good spring clean is theraputic!

Learn to live with it! :D

I *am* living with it and I actually am below 200 slots, but just for the heck of it I counted the storable ingredients I need for all the potions (am trying to be a potioner foremost). That's 65 ings plus 27 potions, so that's 92 slots just for that. At this point I wouuld have no armor, no weapons, no cloaks, no essences beyond magic and water and fire, no furs from several animals, no advanced ores or bars, no books, etc. etc. My point is that as we are adding new things to the game continuously storage space eventually will not suffice. It's like your pants when you gain weight. At first you can still fit, but as you try to stuff more in it because there is more of you, eventually what has to go inside the pants for you to go out and do work is simply too much/big for the pants.

This is my last post on this issue.

lilbear

I can see both sides off this. On the one hand storage space doubled (from 100 to 200) some months back. On the other hand a LOT of stuff has been added to the game since that time: many new harvestables, new rings, new armor and weapons, new potions, new capes/cloaks, etc. Keeping just some of that stuff in storage starts to eat throught the space gain pretty fast. And one TI-shield takes just as much space in storage as 50K silver ore.

I don't know if we need another storage increase now, but as more and more things are added to the game we well could in the future.

(And no, I'm NOT suggesting anyone stop adding new things to the game)

Edited by bkc56

Considering in another thread that people are upset about intermediate items like essences being underpriced, perhaps the limit is a good thing. Instead of stocking 75 different raw materials maybe advanced players will buy their conglomerates, essences, etc. Then some newbie will have a higher demand and might get a few extra gold coins for his trouble, instead of competing with level-60 alchemists making matter essences with a near-0% failure rate.

200 items ought to be enough for anyone... :)

I have to admit that I would love to see more slots in storage:) but it does add to the game. Many people I know stick to a few skills so it never boths them. although a few people in the game, including myself, try to be all around on our skills. I could easily fill 200 slots and then some. my strategy is to cut out storing of resourses. for example I don't storage Iron ore. first off it's heavy anda pain to haul, besides it's better to haul the ings+foodto the iron mine and process it there. It not only saves me a storage slot it save me time. depending on your knowledge of the land, you can cut out storing ings if you know a spot that has more than 1 ing to what ever you are making. Rumor has it there are severial spots that all you need is food and tools to make the item you want. Hey that means you only have to storage feasting potions and tools!