Photo

Update issues

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the update working for you? (340 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the update working for you?

1. Yes, everything works fine (including the sound) (131 votes [40.31%])

Percentage of vote: 40.31%

2. Everything works fine, but without the sound (79 votes [24.31%])

Percentage of vote: 24.31%

3. Some problems (infrequent crashes, etc.) (97 votes [29.85%])

Percentage of vote: 29.85%

4. Big problems (crashes often, not very playable) (6 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

5. Can't play at all (crashes at the beginning) (12 votes [3.69%])

Percentage of vote: 3.69%

Did you have troubles with installing the update?

1. No problems at all. (220 votes [67.69%])

Percentage of vote: 67.69%

2. Some problems, easy fix. (84 votes [25.85%])

Percentage of vote: 25.85%

3. Major problems, took a day or two to fix. (11 votes [3.38%])

Percentage of vote: 3.38%

4. Still can't play. (10 votes [3.08%])

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Entropy

Entropy

teh G0d

• Admin
  • 14251 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

Please vote here, and also tell your friends that might not be able to play to post here.

#2 vytukas

vytukas

Snake

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

little clarification on my vote - I voted without sound because I haven't tested it, it may work

#3 jvg

jvg

Beaver

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

little clarification on my vote - I voted without sound because I haven't tested it, it may work

same here

#4 Guest_KevinBarbie_*

Guest_KevinBarbie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

I voted for some problems because of the azerty keyboard problem, but have no other problem

#5 csiga

csiga

Wood Sprite

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

First time on Windows I had a problem with the data_dir setting in el.ini, was easy to fix in the client, after that it seems everything works fine (i also had to turn on 'mouse bug' option). My Mac client build still don't work (discussing with 0ctane about that).

#6 daz

daz

Rabbit

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

everytime i log in i get an instant crash and error message

#7 Guest_Mistress_Grue_*

Guest_Mistress_Grue_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

The sound crashed the game and locked the computer. :P not happy

#8 Ateh

Ateh

Goblin

• Members
  • 982 posts
  • Interests:WIERD

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

same vote reason for working fine without the sound, because im just not using it and there wasnt another option in the vote.

I voted for some problems easy fix, because my partner had a little trouble playing, but after we chose the ''create new charachter '' and adjusted the options from there ( poor man and all fancy things off ) , it works fine

#9 TessAnna

TessAnna

Skunk

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Happiness

I voted for the third choice (some problems) as I seem to have a new lag... typing, moving, changing maps. Other than that, no issues. I used the sound for a few hours and had no issues there either (I turned it off as I watch tv or read books while I play).

#10 Wizzy

Wizzy

Leopard

• Moderators
  • 1620 posts

I did not install sound. I enjoy the quiet :P

Crashed 3 times for no apparent reason. Couldn't reproduce the crashes. Havent happened in two days

Jumpy

#11 Nidan

Nidan

Boar

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:05 PM

i crashed 2 or 3 times since the update. Before that i crashed maybe once a month.

I also seem to have problems with Phantom Warriors. The animation of them is very very slow. For other monsters (that i have tried) it works fine. Maybe it has to do with the transparency. Putting on the new option doesnt help. I get a lot of resynch messages when they are around and when it looks like i am standing right next to them it says i am too far away to attack. In one case i was killing it while it appeared a few tiles away from me, when it died it came running to where i was fighting thin air and it layed down on the ground.

#12 Zilvador

Zilvador

Rat

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

I don't kow if this is relevant or not, but I just wondered if anyone else has not been getting double xp in the new magic school.

As far as I know you're not supposed to. Magic schools give you normal exp, but also gives you the opportunity of casting harmful spells.

First time on Windows I had a problem with the data_dir setting in el.ini, was easy to fix in the client, after that it seems everything works fine (i also had to turn on 'mouse bug' option). My Mac client build still don't work (discussing with 0ctane about that).

Same problem here in Windows (data_dir). Tried to correct it, but didn't work, though after a reinstall, everything was fine. Aside from that it worked perfectly on Windows and Ubuntu Linux.

And oh yeah...I experienced some unusual heavy lagging at a time in Linux for no apparent reason. Lasted for about an hour or so. Not sure if it's related.

//Zil

Edited by Zilvador, 28 November 2007 - 10:09 PM.

#13 Entropy

Entropy

teh G0d

• Admin
  • 14251 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

If you have crashes, see this: http://www.eternal-l...showtopic=38826

#14 The_Piper

The_Piper

Panda Bear

• Members
  • 3823 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

One crash with the static el.x86.linux bin, one hangup of the comp.

No problem with the install.

Piper

#15 Ilse

Ilse

Skunk

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:12 PM

Still have crashes with the el_noclusters

Keys @ and # no longer possible with AltGr (have to use Ctrl Alt, is left side from laptop and against my hand, AltGr still works in all the other programs on my computer

Alt + m is not working for me: it tyoes the 'm' and does nothing to show me the minimap

#16 kailomonkey

kailomonkey

Wood Sprite

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Maps, Dragons, EL

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:13 PM

Hi, I am presuming that some details would be appropriate here, so don't be disheartened by the fact I am giving the only negative...

I voted Part 1 Optoin A and Part 2 Option B

Part 2 Option B: The only problem I had was that the game defaults to a window size that is too large for me, and that size also offsets the mouse click making some tricksy clicksy to get past the language options screen, log-in and locate and change to a smaller screen option. Changing the EL.ini didn't affect the size. I did get one crash shortly after I had managed this so had to do it again (added after seeing lteh_pipr had noted his crash) but since have had no crashes. Once I had achieved this I could set the most appropriate size option, 800 x whatever, which now has the normal behaviour of resizing to 780 x whatever when loading. Asides from this the install went perfectly, thanks very much for it.

Part 1 Option A: Everything works perfectly thankyou! I am loving the sounds engine which has totally emersed me into the EL world. Yes I was emersed before, but now I can sit with headphones on and be surrounded, or type a forum reply and still hear my environment and surroundings :D All the other things have been working too, minimap, spellbar operation etc. All very useful and nowhere near as appreciated as they should be. I'll let you know on the first use of the tailoring skill :P

Edited by kailomonkey, 28 November 2007 - 11:05 PM.

#17 Mango

Mango

Skeleton

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

No problems with sound, no crashes after I had placed sound map in the right way. Before that when I tried enabling sound, it crashed.

Only think I have is weird textures. I entered/left a building numerous times, and a lot of times, a item/part of body turned all black.

Fr cape, Head, CoL, Arms

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

P.S. More weird textures I had, was trees were big white marshmellows, not all, some. And the fountain at the manor in SKF, was messed up at certain views. Was like the water relfected the very walls up.

Edited by Manderijn, 28 November 2007 - 10:19 PM.

#18 Entropy

Entropy

teh G0d

• Admin
  • 14251 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

Still have crashes with the el_noclusters

Keys @ and # no longer possible with AltGr (have to use Ctrl Alt, is left side from laptop and against my hand, AltGr still works in all the other programs on my computer

Alt + m is not working for me: it tyoes the 'm' and does nothing to show me the minimap

You ARE running the new exe, not just put it there, right? That means, not starting the game from the el icon on the desktop.

#19 Hex

Hex

Skunk

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

I voted "occasional crashes", but it seems to go away if I disable sound. Too bad cuz I'm liking them. :P
(Running on Win XP btw)

#20 ferngale

ferngale

Beaver

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hi, I am presuming that some details would be appropriate here, so don't be disheartened by the fact I am giving the only negative...

I voted Part 1 Optoin A and Part 2 Option B

Part 2 Option B: The only problem I had was that the game defaults to a window size that is too large for me, and that size also offsets the mouse click making some tricksy clicksy to get past the language options screen, log-in and locate and change to a smaller screen option. Changing the EL.ini didn't affect the size. I did get one crash shortly after I had managed this so had to do it again (added after seeing learner had noted his crash) but since have had no crashes. Once I had achieved this I could set the most appropriate size option, 800 x whatever, which now has the normal behaviour of resizing to 780 x whatever when loading. Asides from this the install went perfectly, thanks very much for it.

Part 1 Option A: Everything works perfectly thankyou! I am loving the sounds engine which has totally emersed me into the EL world. Yes I was emersed before, but now I can sit with headphones on and be surrounded, or type a forum reply and still hear my environment and surroundings :D All the other things have been working too, minimap, spellbar operation etc. All very useful and nowhere near as appreciated as they should be. I'll let you know on the first use of the tailoring skill ;)

Same for me. :) Love the new remote storage window and so many other things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users