Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZureKnightofDarkWorld

Rare Drops Day

Day of Rare Drops

Today when you kill a monster it has a +20% chance to drop a rareish item.

ROLEPLAY: Today Mortos is suiting up his monsters to attack j00

just an Idea I thought up while collecting hundreds of drops training

:happy:

-Zure

It's a good idea but the rare items are rare for a reason so not a good idea to make them less rare.

So are EFE and ELE and specially made items but we have increased rare production day. It just gives a little day to have fun with and enjoy. by rareish item that can start from the average wooden staff from a orc to magical books. Rareish is basically an item that the monster normally would not give in the death bag ^^

;)

lol 20% to drop a rare item is too much

yeah maybe like 5% or something lol thank u for correcting my dee-dee-dee mistake :)

Yeah i like it, its not really like having a few days with 5% chance to get rare drops is gonna really hurt anything like the value of rarer items or something like that.

Yeah i like it, its not really like having a few days with 5% chance to get rare drops is gonna really hurt anything like the value of rarer items or something like that.

5% chance, so that means that 1/20 yeti will drop something valueable. They drop hydro/wolfram bars, tit cuisses. And knowing you can kill easily hundreds on 6 hours...

Keep in mind though the original suggestion was about a +20 % change. So 20 % more than the normal chance however big that is. Not a 20 % chance to get a drop.

Yeah after looking things over I decided that a 4-5% chance increase would better. So that the market is covered in highly expensive items. I guess it could be one of thoes pr0 days u only see when they are testing it. lol u know how the good days run. ;)

-Zure

I still don't see why a "rare" drop should be made less rare. They all are way too common now as it is. The point of a rare drop isn't for everybody to have one.

How about we just have every item ingame continuously spawn in bags on IP...that would save a LOT of suggestion space for all the same ideas worded a bit differently or not searched for.

well I will drop the subject of the matter if u can show me a link to a post the same as my idea. Its an idea ands not to make the game simple and easy it is to make it more fun. If yall got a problem with a simple suggestion oh friggin well.

well I will drop the subject of the matter if u can show me a link to a post the same as my idea. Its an idea ands not to make the game simple and easy it is to make it more fun. If yall got a problem with a simple suggestion oh friggin well.

The basic idea is to make rare items less rare, however you want to pretty it up, which defeats the purpose of "rare".

...show me a link to a post the same as my idea...

I don't think that there has been a specific suggestion which used a special day to increase the abundance of something rare, but there have been many suggestions that boil down to the same thing. Its not really unsurprising, but in the end it devalues the rarity of the items involved.

How about an different take on "Rare Drops Day"? Have a set of different rare items which are only dropped on this day, in place of the usual exotics. That way the rarity of the usual items is preserved (slightly increased in fact), but we get a whole new set of much rarer item, which cannot be laboured for except on that special day.

This of course requires a number of new items to be added to the game, which is a fair amount of work.

Edited by trollson

I heard people before saying us Fighters already got too much to go with in drops and stuff.

And you want more drops for us?

I wouldn't mind, but just saying, even tho I like it. Someone open the window so I can kick this idea through it.

-Blee

yay, +20% more is not really much.

and in fact u high'lvs are only thinking of yeti drops, and all that other pr0 a/d thingys, but since the beginnen of the game we also have 'newbs'.

Example:

Today is the Day of Rare Drops day.

blablabla

blablabla

And some1 just joined EL for first time.

In the begin he may think: w00t, this is über compared to RS.

But after some time he thinks, whah, a bit boring.

But a few minutes later, if a rabbit drops a sword, hes interest would grow for sure.

[/example] (^^)

I think if lucky newbs join that day and they get some interesting st00f we probably hold more ppl.

And about ppl wich fights gobs/gargs/orcs, they finally get something more worth beside leather things and books ^^, or more amount of them.

I think this day would be great for every1, a day where every1 would be very happy about.

I still don't see why a "rare" drop should be made less rare. They all are way too common now as it is. The point of a rare drop isn't for everybody to have one.

How about we just have every item ingame continuously spawn in bags on IP...that would save a LOT of suggestion space for all the same ideas worded a bit differently or not searched for.

I agree with this, There arn't really 'rare items' in EL anymore, only things that are, are the new Magic Swords, JSOC, OSOMN, etc. This would just cause there to be more on Market Channel, wouldn't be too good, IMO.

The idea that there would be a set of items so rare that they can only be obtained on a rare drop day is appealing. It will be more work for the devs but it does add a similar wow factor to the nmt cloak. Maybe even a high lvl and low lvl set.

As for those who are new to the game, joining on a day that is supprisingly profitable item wise can also work against us in that it might slant their views of the game over all, they join the first hour goes by they get a small handfull of stuff then the day ends and wham nothing. Now that would be frustrating. IMO

Nice idea but:

Make it only work on low lvl monsters which dont drop any (very)valuable items, so all monsters up to male orc. Troll can drop a rosto so troll and higher lvl mobs drop rate wont change.

Even if low lvl monsters drop rate will be trippled( so 300%) its not a big deal, coz i think it wont be destructive for the market if newbies for that 6 particular hours will find 3 times more s2e after killing male gobs :)

Just my idea to make newbie fighers life little easier but at the same time not to give any benefits to oldbies.

For ppl that think making all rare drops less rare is cool: just try to sell invi pots book or any other "pr0" books ;)

eMPi

mabey just an increase drop day, 1.5x GC droped and an added 5% chance to the other item drops, would still keep the rares rare. if your drop rate for an item is 1/100000 then the drop rate on that day would be around 1/95000 drop rate, giving a small increase but keeping it quite rare still, meaning one still might not be droped even on that day.

just my thought on it since i like the idea for the day but think the original was too powerful.