Eternal Lands Official Forums
groomsh

Are you a hardcore player ? :)

Are you a devoted player ?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you continue to play if all characters would get a complete character and items wipe (stats, nexuses, levels, items, gc ...) ?

• Absolutely NOT - i would leave EL and never return back
    • I'm not sure, but i guess i would leave
    • I don't know, it depends on who would stay, etc...
    • I'm not sure, but i guess i would continue to play
    • No problem for me - i would continue to play

PS:Can you imagine 300-500 players online at once all having 0 stats attempting to lvl and get spawns? OMG that's my raccoon spawn give it back!!!111

haha good one Elfie :happy: yeah would be a chaos, not talking about books & knowledge & nexuses & skills to make anything "must have" in game...

Well, I voted last option - I like EL and it's my almost daily relax time so I think I will just continue play anyway B)

... even I would cry for my achievements and skills I did as I will never have endless days for such hardcore play as before anymore!

I've added this disclaimer to my first post:

DISCLAIMER:

1. This is not and idea, nor a suggestion - hence it's in "general chat" and not in "suggestions" forum.

2. This topic was not inspired by any channel 6 discussion or any other discussion in game.

3. One and ONLY purpose and outcome of this topic and poll is just my own curiosity what other people would do.

because people are trying to find some reasoning why i created it.

So once again, I am just curious what other people would do. It's not about if/why/how/etc it would be done, so please don't try to find any hidden reasons/intentions - there are none (just my own curiosity) ;)

I voted number 1. As someone who has spent many hours leveling my char, if I am going to have to start over with the same stuff I already spent years doing to get where I am now. I am sure I could find something else to do with my time. EL was the first game I tried and one reason I haven't tried another is I personally do not want to start over.

Voted last option, your curiosity has some strange twists Groomsh. :happy: I would prefer Elf_Ninja’s suggestion though anytime. B)

I voted no. 4, it might be fun to start all over...I did reset twice, but I am a lot wiser now than I was then. In my opinion, it sure would bugger up the bought characters :bangwall: ....I would love to see that :whistle:

i enjoy EL very much, and my time in here (1 year) brough me lots of fun and satisfaction. i killed all creatures except for highest instance bosses at least once and got almost best gear (i don't have any 900k+ weapon but could afford 1 if i really wanted to)

frankly, i only need to find nexus removal while harving, find joker at least once (never had the pleasure :( ), go in a WTF instance and maybe get break quest perks to achieve goals i hope for in this game.

i voted YES because the only thing i can't do (unless i want to drop all a/d activities and focus on a mixing skill or magic) is become #1 in anything. everything's been done and catching top players is very hard

i understand, however, that the idea is purely theoretical and not possible and people who donate $ for stuff would be furious.

maybe when c3 comes with lots of new training grounds? and old millions of gc / levels turned into non-tradable rostos and temporary perks (+100% exp in 1 skill for a few months?) who knows this thread could be just a flame war or future of EL:)

I don't really think it would take me too long to get back to where I am now in game. Taking some lessons from some alts that I have had and some lessons on economy stupidity (like the rosto) would make it a bit easier. A newb that I found 3 years ago (Jeff) has passed me in many skills except for manufacturing with some tips from me when he started out. The only thing that would stop me is my excessive viewing of anime which makes me quite AFK in game anymore.

I went with no.3 , cos i know without my friends i wouldnt sit on a game to play for sure. I meet interesting ppl and made nice friendship but if all of them would leave i dont think i can continue the game either and i am sure i will end up in login less and less,meaning quiting. :lipssealed:

at most i would create a toon to never level for chats, but no way in hell would i do it all over again. Not that i regret playing the first time around, but i'd hate to repeat all that grinding Ive done, there's a reason i never made a proper alt succesfully.

i would keep playing. With the knowledge i have now, i would certainly be able to level faster.

If it would be needed to adjust game-economics/gameplay i would happely accept it.

New Day, new chances

I've been thinking, wouldn't an overall level reset/item wipe (without touching skills levels) be sufficient if this soley to fix some game mechanics?

I've been thinking, wouldn't an overall level reset/item wipe (without touching skills levels) be sufficient if this soley to fix some game mechanics?

Not really. HOW you got to those levels is a factor. If game mechanics change, then how you will get those same levels could also change. Also, game mechanics are tweaked and changed from time to time. What about fighters who were in pretty high level (i.e. L150+). Remember when Entropy added Haidir quests? Even n00bs like me got A/D levels that way that I wouldn't have gotten nearly as quickly with the daily quest.

Not really. HOW you got to those levels is a factor. If game mechanics change, then how you will get those same levels could also change. Also, game mechanics are tweaked and changed from time to time. What about fighters who were in pretty high level (i.e. L150+). Remember when Entropy added Haidir quests? Even n00bs like me got A/D levels that way that I wouldn't have gotten nearly as quickly with the daily quest.

Haidir brought me from a/d 76/78 or so to close a/d 100/100 with not much effort.

A character wipe would at least create more high level player than we have now, since we have Haidir and Daritha.

More people can level easier, so there wont be not only a few top fighters, who have no life and play for 24/7.

But that wouldn't fix the problem, that a stronger player with good gear (maybe bought from the shop) can easily kill a lower level player, who can't effort to buy stuff from the shop.

Without any changes to the PK system, a player wipe is more or less useless IMO.

Piper

Haidir/daritha/invances were a brilliant addition. Invances for example give you experience in exchange for risking losing a rostogol. I think that is very fair.

Even if you look at invances/dailies as cheap experience, they still decrease the gap between the power leveler and the casual player. Those are some aspects that should stay if we were to start all over.

What I would change is:

1. Remove antisocial.

2. Remove nexus removal instance drops.

3. Make NPC sell more stuff. I think all armor should be sold from NPC including dragon sets.

4. Limit the amount of attributes you can add to your overall. For example, at 100 overall, I can have 40/40 p/c, 4 reasoning, 4 will, 4 instinct and 8 vitality only. Any remaining free pickpoints I got from negative perks can only be placed on positive perks or nexus.

5. Ban gc selling. Encourage players who want to buy gcs to buy items from shop and sell them in game. If some player absolutely feels they need to make real life money out of someone else's game, they can sell harvestables or essences, etc.. instead of gcs.

4. Limit the amount of attributes you can add to your overall. For example, at 100 overall, I can have 40/40 p/c, 4 reasoning, 4 will, 4 instinct and 8 vitality only. Any remaining free pickpoints I got from negative perks can only be placed on positive perks or nexus.

Really nice idea!

I would gladly accept to restart from scratch if it was just to put such a limit in place.

Without any changes to the PK system, a player wipe is more or less useless IMO.

Piper

One could make the pk-maps like the instance maps. Only accessible as a team. and then of course a team that only contains a max number of >120 a/d players, and max of >100 and a max of >80 .

Put certain harvestables only on certain pk-maps, so if you wanna harv you need a team.

forcing people who don't want to PK into PK maps to get the harvables they want isn't going to fix any PK problems. All that does is give the people who want to PK easier targets rather then giving them other people who want to PK and would put up a decent fight.

I agree with hussam's idea. Full wipe with limitations on pp in attributes based strictly on is level. Perhaps many more combat based perks introduced with less cost and benefit. Maybe 1 perk costs 1 pp and gives 4% max health bonus. 2 pp gives plus 40 emu. I think it would probably work better as oa + 24 though, since u start with 24 pp in attributes already.

forcing people who don't want to PK into PK maps to get the harvables they want isn't going to fix any PK problems. All that does is give the people who want to PK easier targets rather then giving them other people who want to PK and would put up a decent fight.

totally agree. sry but to do pk in EL means bilions of gold, which maybe 10players out of the 400daily players got it. :icon4: