Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

Runescape o0

Seems to me that runescape has copied a few things from EL ^^ like runescapes all new

HOME TELE (#beam me up)

or they latest

the PVP server (teh pk server!)

Anyone else notice anythin?

I am not sure if they copied them from EL, and it's not like EL (or any other MMO) is compeltly original. Everyone borrows from everyone in this field.

you'd be surprised how original EL is, ive had a good hard look around at other free to play MMORPG's and can hold my hands up and say theres nothing out there like EL ........ yeh games have goblins and dragons but thats inevitable in a fantasy game

plus runescape is shit ........

*edit*

my wife ( ShAnGmId on EL - bless her ) played PruneScape about 5 years ago before she found EL and says -- full of pre-pubescant boys asking '' wanna be my GF ? '' every 5 minutes

Edited by Ateh

Well, truth be told, I did play RS a little bit before playing EL (just for a month or so, in 2001). At that tie RS was a relatively decent game, although they had a lot of scammers and stuff. But they also had nice people.

Well i played runescape before playing EL and there is a lot of stuff that they have now that el haves but then again 30 other

games probably have the same stuff? The reason i like EL so much better then runescape is the community. Like ent said,

tons of scammers and stuff. Everyone was rude to each other. El has a much better community.

#edit yeah also kids going around saying "Will you be my gf/bf? Plx i love you!!!" And people begging for free stuff

Edited by time4u2die

havent they always had HOME TELE? (tele to umbridge castle) its one of the first spells to learn iirc. i never heard of the PK server there, but sounds cool. But on there... you can take your character from the "main" ones to it.... wish you could do that here :)

Well, truth be told, I did play RS a little bit before playing EL (just for a month or so, in 2001). At that tie RS was a relatively decent game, although they had a lot of scammers and stuff. But they also had nice people.

you play EL? lol

sitting / tele'ing around delivering thermals and stuff doesnt count as playing :>

you can take your character from the "main" ones to it.... wish you could do that here :)

It's $5 and a done deal ...............

PS Log into the game, ATEH.

It's $5 and a done deal ...............

No... that gives you a new char, you have to level it from scratch again. Afaik there are no plans for being able to transfer chars between servers and I hope it doesn't happen or the PK server would get out of control.

wel atm runescape is a game for people under the age of 10. you cant give out free st00f worth over aobut 6k or so (WHich I figured 1k in EL is about 43k in rs :S ) , when u die som1 can re-pair ur grave so forget about hurying back. pk is out exept for pk server exept when u pk som1 you dont get their items. they lose a draggy scimy and u get a piece of crap item that is worth 1/2 or 1/4 the ammount. everything has a price on it (meaning the the game price checks items aka no economy @ all) . you cant scam items. (ok u can scam 6k but dats all) and worst of all u cant even say anything to express ur frusteration :omg:

my knoledgw of rs

Yeah rs is for kids 10 and under when the word sucks is ***** and sutff? Rofl thats dum

havent they always had HOME TELE? (tele to umbridge castle) its one of the first spells to learn iirc.

Nope

First teleport spell I remember of was to Varrock and you had to be level 30 mage

Things has changed a lot of them game since 2000 :lurker:

You use to be able to give out free stuff

10kgc you can change your appearence

Half the skills on there now you werent able to do - Hunting, Slayer, Construction

I got a black mark (yellow card in a football game) becuase load of people were complaining about mods and I said you try do thier job :P

What I remember from RS

Also remembering changing my avatar gender and someone asked me to be thier GF - they gave me 100kgc and i blocked them 2 minutes later. scam report deals a 1 minute screenshot timeframe afai remember

I wonder if there's people who say WoW copied RS - just better graphics :)

Well i played runescape before playing EL and there is a lot of stuff that they have now that el haves but then again 30 other

games probably have the same stuff? The reason i like EL so much better then runescape is the community. Like ent said,

tons of scammers and stuff. Everyone was rude to each other. El has a much better community.

#edit yeah also kids going around saying "Will you be my gf/bf? Plx i love you!!!" And people begging for free stuff

lol...i hated that......like time.i played runescape before el..........and people would be like "Will you be my gf/bf plzzzzz"

here..nothin

and people aren't begging for free stuff like in runescape and that you don't have to get to 99 to finish a whole lvl.here it's like 178

Commands similar to #beam me are in quite many games. So goes for pvp servers.

Honestly, some people can't live without at least one conspiracy theory they could whisper in dark alleys at midnight about.

There is a difference between the free spell "tele to lumbridge" and 'home tele'

home tele is for player made homes on p2p. But yeah I assume all games

take from the same thought pool on RPG ideas, there are only so many.

And yes I have a cb 85 character there :P, it is very geared toward 10-15 yr old people.

But if you ignore local messages, its an ok way to kill time if you only have a browser availiable.

So old people can muck around with it.

Its either that or Pop-IT :/ I log in once a month to ensure my account doesn't get deleted, but I think

I logged in a total of 1 hour for an entire year. And no I don't "wanna be ur hawt gf"

Played that game before. Lasted for half a year before i decided it was a horrible game. I take it as an insult that EL is a Runescape clone (or at least claim the people on www.mmorpg.com)

you play EL? lol

sitting / tele'ing around delivering thermals and stuff doesnt count as playing :>

Right now no, but I used to play for a few months before.

why dont you play anymore, would love to be able to say "ï pk'ed Radu" :>

When I play the game, I play it undercover, so you wouldn't be able to say that you PKed Radu :D

But right now I am really busy with some coming features and some nasty optimizations.

I used to be an old time Runescape player. I started in about 2001 then left the game for extended periods of time. I think it's pretty different from EL though, it's so much easier to play and get rich IMO and that's not necessarily a good thing. Everyone walks around in full rune (I never played on a p2p server xD) and I don't see that happening anytime soon here with dragon armours. Yes, you have tele and a pk server but RS is just... Crowded. And spammy. The setting's so different and... Y'know?

Trust me, there is nothing more awkward than being a girl irl, having a male char in RS and having this happen to you...

Girl: Hey sexi. Wanna b mi bf?

Me: I'm a girl.

Girl: Take off helm.

I took myself off pretty quickly after that. :D

Eh, I played RS before EL... EL is MUCH better...

But the community isn't so bad. I tried out one of the PvP servers today :D Every fight I got in, we had kind conversations, and said "Good Fight" after each.

I had a few problems with the community still, though. I went through a cave to sneak into a guarded city, some guy was stalking me saying, "This is my cave!"

And at lumbridge, it was spam galore! They were advertising all kinds of things, and had so many bot-characters... I couldn't help but wonder where the moderators were... Their moderation sucks ^^'

IMO, if EL were to steal some ideas from RS (Which it hasn't directly), it could by far surpass it.. But nonetheless EL is MUCH better

i expect loads of games have stuff similar to EL, some did it before some after.

RS would have to change a lot to even be playable for me, i thought it was terrible, as much as people complain about radu and some of the stuff he changes and implements, i see RS and think we can't really be that badly off after all.